Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 3:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University
Default hi can u help me?
hi,sorry i really didn't know where to post this!

this may sound SO stupid but...when we download a file from this site for example a new sim or a hair style,a new dress..... where should we put the file?????
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 3:45 PM
Please familiarize yourself with the Downloads FAQs on our site. Click on Game Help in the navigation menu above, and click on the + sign next to the word Downloads. You will want to commit this FAQ to memory:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=46633

DDO
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 4:59 PM
I read that part and I created a new folder in my documents-EA Games-sims 2 then Downloads and I put all my file (well organized) in it but nothing happened!!!could someone explain this 2 me??(by the way all my files are Package files)
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 5:38 PM
You can't subfolder bodyshop content. The thread Daysies gave you explained that.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 6:02 PM
You can subfolder bodyshop content if you have the Nightlife expansion, but as your profile says you don't have NL that's why Jaxad says that. Make sure you have custom content enabled, and definitely definitely read the FAQ's, it may seem rude but answering such a general question as "I need help, my downloads aren't working" takes about 5 pages to respond to all the possible culprits. The FAQ's here are excellent, you'll see a lot of effort has obviously been put into them and hopefully your problem will be solved.

If you're still having problems be real specific about what you've done (or haven't). Another future reference thing, "help me!" doesn't make for a good title, it doesn't let the people scanning the thread know your problem so you may not get folks familiar with that problem to read and reply; and they know you need help or you wouldn't be in the "Sim 2 help" forum. . Anyway, too much on that, if you read the sticky titled "read before you post" it's all in there

You may want to download using Q-xpress, you can always sort and move files after using clean installer. links below.

http://qxpress.modthesims2.com/
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 7:16 PM
NL is the first EP with the ability to disable custom content.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
NL is the first EP with the ability to disable custom content.

Good to know, I'm one of those odd folks that got NL before Uni. well, that's one thing you can rule out.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queeneye
I read that part and I created a new folder in my documents-EA Games-sims 2 then Downloads and I put all my file (well organized) in it but nothing happened!!!could someone explain this 2 me??(by the way all my files are Package files)

do you mean all your downoads have come in the installable sims2pack packages?
the ones which show up as a blue figure as an icon?
if so then you need to doubleclick on it to install via the maxis installer or right click and open in Clean Installer if you have that, and install.
if thats not what you mean, then ignore
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 3:44 PM
:sorry: !!!!ok I put my hair in Downloads Folder but when I launched the game I saw a rabbit!!!!that was crazy!!what do u guys do???does this have something to do with my IQ? :bandit:
Stupid people are stupid
#10 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queeneye
:sorry: !!!!ok I put my hair in Downloads Folder but when I launched the game I saw a rabbit!!!!that was crazy!!what do u guys do???does this have something to do with my IQ? :bandit:

Lol, no. You just don't have the mesh that you need. Make sure you download the mesh and the hair will show up. In the thread where you downloaded the hair should be a link to the mesh.