Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyless baby?
I don't know what happened but in my game somehow all my girl babies have no body and just a head, but the boys don't? I remember downloading some baby clothing thing that I deleted but somehow I'm still having these issues. Help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:38 AM
Did you delete your caches after you deleted the cc? The player needs to delete the caches to make the game realize mod/cc changes.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:43 AM
I hope you did not do anything to causes corruption in your game all players of the Sims 2 need to read this to keep your game in top shape. Not sure if you have corruption or not but it good to know what not to do.
If you do have corruption ( I did myself once ) you may need to uninstall your game and start over fresh from the bottom up ( if you have any custom items ) pull them out first and save.
I hope there is no corruption read this please http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...Hood_Corruption

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:45 AM
Sounds like you put the wrong collection of files in, perhaps two defaults with a buyable girls mesh. Or you have a skin problem, but I think it's a clothing issue.

Not sure is Theravens problem solving page will show up for you unless you are registered http://moonlightdragon.freeforums.o...lving-t357.html If you are registered and it's her baby clothes you would do better asking her directly.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:49 AM
Also make sure you deleted both the meshes and the recolors. If you're using defaults, you probably forgot to remove the girl recolor.

If you've used the non-default baby clothes, make sure you've removed all the files, including any remaining clothes, and it's also a good idea to change the babies back to the diaper before removing the mod, just in case. The babies should revert back to the diaper

However, they still might have (in loss of a better word) a "clothing token" that tells the sim file they're wearing a clothing file. If deleting the cache files or any of the other files does not work, try to move back the mod and a unisex outfit, change the babies' clothes back to the diaper, and they should be fixed.

I've had floating baby heads in my game from time to time, and it's usually caused by a misbehaving recolor that can't find the mesh. Baby outfits are weird like that - other ages will usually revert to an EAxis outfit, but since baby outfits are technically toddler recolors on a baby mesh, the game probably thinks it's supposed to be using a toddler mesh, and those won't show on babies because the skeletons aren't compatible (it's also why recoloring non-default baby outfits in Bodyshop brings up a floating toddler head, in case anyone wondered).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:25 AM
Default Baby Clothes
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Did you delete your caches after you deleted the cc? The player needs to delete the caches to make the game realize mod/cc changes.

Its on baby clothes, i deleted them from the downloads folder, what cache files do i delete?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:49 AM
Not sure which exact ones is responsible for the lagging mesh/recolor bug, but I usually delete Accessory.cache, cigen.cache, groups.cache and Contentregistry, all found in the main TS2 folder (same folder the Downloads folder is in) but sometimes you only find 2-3 of them.

Contentregistry pops up when making Bodyshop content, Cigen is most often connected to the use of Bodyshop, while Accessory and Groups can appear both when running the game and running Bodyshop.

You can safely delete all of them, and they're not of much use other than to quicken up loading.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegum princess girl
I don't know what happened but in my game somehow all my girl babies have no body and just a head, but the boys don't? I remember downloading some baby clothing thing that I deleted but somehow I'm still having these issues. Help!

I've had this issue - it's caused by using default baby clothes and forgetting the mesh (or a broken mesh) for the gender specific colours. Most of the default baby clothes sets require you to download a separate mesh if you want girls in pink for example. You either need to go find it and download it or delete the default for now until you can redownload the whole set properly.

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:55 PM
Default I've deleted everything
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I've had this issue - it's caused by using default baby clothes and forgetting the mesh (or a broken mesh) for the gender specific colours. Most of the default baby clothes sets require you to download a separate mesh if you want girls in pink for example. You either need to go find it and download it or delete the default for now until you can redownload the whole set properly.

Happy simming!
I deleted all the baby clothes in game i could think of. I realized that when i downloaded the baby clothes changer, thats when the girls began to have no body. I tried deleting Cigen files and I'll see what happens.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:43 PM
Which clothing changer? One that changes skins, or the one by Chris Hatch that changes clothes (non-default clothing)?

Since you have this problem with only girls, and (I assume) all girls, the most likely culprit is one of the girl default outfits or meshes. You should do a search (with the search bar, not looking through folders) like I said before. These files can occasionally hide somewhere you don't expect them to.

Some of the non-defaults are towniefied, meaning they'll get randomly assigned to new babies. You could have a towniefied recolor with a missing mesh left in your downloads.
Scholar
#11 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:25 PM
Does the problem only happen when the baby is clothed or is it while being bathed? It could be a missing skin mesh.