Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#15776 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:32 PM
Rebuying them made no difference in my game - I even tested in a game without any other cc. I am able to click on them once if I am lucky The toddler mat works very well and i have not had to pick it up or to move it (yet).
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#15777 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 2:55 PM Last edited by iCad : 22nd Oct 2018 at 3:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I'm a little confused about how christianlov's Sim Transporter works; if I transport a sim they'll be automatically added to the household? Do they get memories of moving in or added funds? I'm looking for alternatives to the Sim Blender when teleporting sims because not a lot of options are available for them since they're not a part of the household (I use a lot of poseboxes and some aren't enabled for teleported sims)

If you transport a Sim into a household, there's no associated memories and no household funds (either in the household they left or the one they join) are affected. For me, the money is the reason I use it, in fact. I use it to do, for instance, military deployments, where I need to remove a Sim from a household for "x" days and then add them back when their deployment is done. Of course I don't want money to be affected by this, as moving them to the Sim bin would do. So, for what you want to do, I'd say the transporter is (generally) ideal.

That being said, you can't use it to affect single-sim households. If you transport that kind of single sim into a lot, you'll not be able to transport them back because there will then be no household for them to go back to. Because it does actually move in Sims, not just temporarily move them around. So it does have some limitations.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#15778 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 4:37 PM
On the subject of toddler beds, I've tried several and none ever worked properly for any decent amount of time. One in particular would get stuck 'in use' every single time it was used or attempted to be used. The best one would still glitch occasionally, pull the toddlers in when they were barely half down on energy, and sometimes send the toddlers in and out a few times before they would settle one way or the other. I've plain given up on them! Atavera's toddler blanket is what I use, as well. My toddlers use that to nap during the day and are put into their cribs at night (using the toddler's sleep through the night mod so they don't wake up before morning).
Alchemist
#15779 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
I've never liked all the extra features that came with toddler beds, like changing into pajamas. IMO, it'd be perfect if some of the meshes were converted to function like pet beds.
Mad Poster
#15780 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 5:55 PM
For me the toddler blanket is a help rather than an essential thing when it comes to twins. I don't mind my toddlers waking up during the night, I don't mind waking up the parents to put the todds back into bed either. But it is handy when both parents are exhausted or one is working during the night - or, especially with a single parent.
Mad Poster
#15781 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The sleep mat that I use: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815 post 3. Sometimes I have to pick it up, spin it around once and replace, especially if more than one toddler is on the lot and they are taking turns using it.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who occasionally has problems with Atavera's blanket. When it gives me too much trouble, I use Phaenoh's mattress (cloned from a pet bed). Phaenoh's version is also smaller - it take only one floor space while Atavera's takes up two.

Phaenoh's nursery set
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316656
Inventor
#15782 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If you transport a Sim into a household, there's no associated memories and no household funds (either in the household they left or the one they join) are affected. For me, the money is the reason I use it, in fact. I use it to do, for instance, military deployments, where I need to remove a Sim from a household for "x" days and then add them back when their deployment is done. Of course I don't want money to be affected by this, as moving them to the Sim bin would do. So, for what you want to do, I'd say the transporter is (generally) ideal.

That being said, you can't use it to affect single-sim households. If you transport that kind of single sim into a lot, you'll not be able to transport them back because there will then be no household for them to go back to. Because it does actually move in Sims, not just temporarily move them around. So it does have some limitations.

Thanks for the reply @iCad, that cleared up a lot of questions! I plan on testing it out soon, along with the 'control-this-sim' hack by dolphin26 (I have BO's No Sim Loaded so I think I'll be okay)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Theorist
#15783 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:24 PM
@Primavera
Be aware that you can get a notice if the transported sim miss work.
Inventor
#15784 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
@Primavera
Be aware that you can get a notice if the transported sim miss work.

I think I have a solution for that @Essa, I have the Freezer Clock so I can freeze time whenever I take my sim photoshoots, so I'm gonna be using that alongside the transporter

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15785 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:42 PM
After transporting sims Just place down a simlogical institution sign.

As to toddler beds, do you have links to the ones you are using petro?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15786 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:34 AM
Am I imagining things, or does using Pescado's magic wand to deprecate the item values make stuff break down a lot more?

Also, any tips for trying to place lots? I can't seem to get two lots next to each other, even though the edges are flat.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15787 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Am I imagining things, or does using Pescado's magic wand to deprecate the item values make stuff break down a lot more?

From what I've seen, this is a known side effect, and the recommendation is replacing all items that can break down after using the magic wand (or I guess not placing them until after using it).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15788 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:48 AM

Also, any tips for trying to place lots? I can't seem to get two lots next to each other, even though the edges are flat.

Sometimes placing a larger lot over the whole area and deleting can help, sometimes reloading the game since at times its like a ghost lot is in the way -if you had a lot there before and you moved it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15789 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:15 AM
It is sometimes necessary to tell the Lot Adjuster to smooth the edges as well as flatten them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15790 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:26 AM
You'll all be pleased to hear that Hans got out off that glitched bed in the morning without any help from me, and is in good health, happy, and ready to enjoy Saturday playing with his friends. I had saved the lot at 4 minutes to six. When I restarted the game Hans got up promptly at 6 a.m. and immediately went outside to dive into the Hunters' swimming pool. He became clickable again as soon as he was clear of the bed, and I briefly made him controllable to check his motives, and they were all good. Despite the glitch, the Princess Bed had given him a very good night's sleep! The bed itself is still glitched and unclickable, so I think I'm still best to delete it. But I'll feel a not happier deleting it when Hans isn't in it! I'll have to use FamilyFunds to give them the money to buy a new bed; Miriam Hunter (Hermes's mum), despite having a swimming pool in her garden, isn't the richest Sim in the neighbourhood. I'll get them a new Princess Bed, but, if it continues to glitch, I'll eventually have to replace it with an ordinary bed -- they'll need a bigger one anyway when they eventually grow up to be teens.

The sleeping mats I've been using (or trying to use) are the ones by rebecah here (2 tile) and here (1 tile). Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that they don't work for my toddlers, as I see rebecah describes them as "Baby Mats". As you can see, I've also been using rebecah's Princess Bed on a limited scale, but I think I've only used it for children, not toddlers. I have now downloaded the ones by Atavera (post #3 in Comments) that Jo linked to in post #15909 above (Thanks Jo!). I'll try them out with the Newson toddlers and see how they get on; anything that gives Ginger and Gavin a slightly easier life will be worthwhile.

I have thought about getting Inge's Toddlers sleep through the night mod that FranH linked to (post #15911). But Real Life toddlers vary so much. Some do indeed sleep soundly all night. But others wake at 3 a.m. and bawl the house down, just as bad as any Maxis toddlers. So what I'd really like is a Some toddlers sleep though the night mod. It might go by activeness, with a hint of randomness thrown in.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Undead Molten Llama
#15791 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:34 PM

If all else fails, place the lot somewhere else, facing in the same direction as the spot where you want to place it, then use the Lot Adjuster to move it to that place. That will always work at least in terms of putting the lot where you want it...although there can be funkiness at the edges that you may or may not be able to fix, depending on what the underlying issue is, so back up before you do it in case moving the lot results in unfixable funkiness.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#15792 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:41 PM
Say I have a male-born sim who I want to portray as transgender. If I set their gender flags as female, will they grow up into a female body? I'm perfectly content with the sim just being able to use the appropriate bathroom, but it would be super cool if they did grow up to be 'female', especially as then I can say teens are 'pre-op' and adults are 'post-op'

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15793 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:47 PM
I believe they will have a male body but a female voice.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15794 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:28 PM
[UPDATE] Time 6:53 a.m.: Fifty minutes after Hans got out of it, the Princess Bed seems to have "unglitched". With either of the resident children (Hermes and Candy Hunter) selected, I can click on the bed. They can either relax on it or make it. I think I'll persevere with the bed a little longer. Maybe installing University really has fixed it.
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Say I have a male-born sim who I want to portray as transgender. If I set their gender flags as female, will they grow up into a female body?
Have you seen the new thread A short guide to playing transgender sims in the Sims 2 started today by LyleSnake? It might be worth asking again in that thread. LyleSnake seems to be something of an expert on playing transgender Sims, and I think the thread is likely to become a "Go-to" thread for people playing them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15795 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:50 AM
I have happily been playing my new vacation hood when I can. (Lots going on in my life right now.) Made a few errors (forgot bar stools in one place!), but they're fixed, and the lots are working fine.

One boneheaded move I did, though, was to make a residential beach lot into a community lot. Oops. I KNOW I have the buyable mailbox in there somewhere, and I would think the trashcan is with all the other trashcans. But I seem to not be able to locate the mailbox in my catalog. I KNOW I have it because I had to convert a hotel lot into a residential lot in another hood, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the mailbox. Where is this thing that I'm obviously overlooking? Thanks!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#15796 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 5:05 AM
Is there an objectively 'best' functional microscope to use? I know of XPTLs, Katy_76s and Nanashis, but know nothing about them other than that.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Alchemist
#15797 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I have happily been playing my new vacation hood when I can. (Lots going on in my life right now.) Made a few errors (forgot bar stools in one place!), but they're fixed, and the lots are working fine.

One boneheaded move I did, though, was to make a residential beach lot into a community lot. Oops. I KNOW I have the buyable mailbox in there somewhere, and I would think the trashcan is with all the other trashcans. But I seem to not be able to locate the mailbox in my catalog. I KNOW I have it because I had to convert a hotel lot into a residential lot in another hood, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the mailbox. Where is this thing that I'm obviously overlooking? Thanks!

I don't know but, when I want a mailbox, I just have a sim go steal one from a lot I'm not going to play by having them go there and put it in their inventory. Recycling!
Field Researcher
#15798 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Is there an objectively 'best' functional microscope to use? I know of XPTLs, Katy_76s and Nanashis, but know nothing about them other than that.

They all uses the same functionality (gives your sim logic skill) but has different meshes and separate GUIDs so you can have all three in your game. Nanashis has the most modern look and XPTL the oldest.
Mad Poster
#15799 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:31 AM
Which one is XPTL's?
Field Researcher
#15800 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Which one is XPTL's?

In my game the name for the package is : PCSims-FunctionalMicroscopeNewMesh.package
Page 632 of 1346