Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 21st Mar 2024 at 8:33 AM.
Default Behavioural Function Issue
I am trying to create a sculpture that is 3x2 and as there is a shortage of objects to clone from, I decided to try and follow the tutorial on Don't Walk Through My object and added 2 extra object data.
I think this part has worked as the object now occupies 6 spaces.

The very last part of the tutorial is about changing the Behavioural Function

I have added the extra line

The second command line is the other function that "Returns True" which should be changed so that it points to this new line I added.
In the operands second line, I changed it from '02' to '04' but when I place the object in-game, it still does not work.
I don't have much experience of changing behaviors, so most likely I have not done this properly.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Update I had made a mistake with the naming of the texture (now fixed) but the object still does not work in-game. Replaced the zip.file.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LSP8SculptureWheeledCartMillMesh.zip (662.2 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 10:07 PM
If it's just a deco object with no added functions, but you still want the footprint to fit the object, you can expand the footprint easily (and without adding extra OBJDs) by following these tutorials:

https://hugelunatic.com/reducing-guids-objds/ (remove existing OBJDs)
https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...a-mini-tutorial (extend footprint)

It can help keep the GUID/OBJD count lower, especially handy for those who find they've reached the object limit in their game. Unless they're interactive somehow, plain deco objects rarely need that many OBJDs.

Not sure about the walkthrough issue, though.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If it's just a deco object with no added functions, but you still want the footprint to fit the object, you can expand the footprint easily (and without adding extra OBJDs) by following these tutorials:

https://hugelunatic.com/reducing-guids-objds/ (remove existing OBJDs)
https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...a-mini-tutorial (extend footprint)

It can help keep the GUID/OBJD count lower, especially handy for those who find they've reached the object limit in their game. Unless they're interactive somehow, plain deco objects rarely need that many OBJDs.

Not sure about the walkthrough issue, though.

Hello @simmer22
Thank you for your reply and links to these tutorials.

I tried DeeDee-Sims expanding footprint tutorial and the object can now be placed on the terrain, which is great.
I then tested for Sims being able to walk through the object and unfortunately they can.

I think this would work depending on the object and where it would be placed e.g. at a wall where Sims can't get access to.
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:12 AM
If you add new tiles, you also need to add OBJf for each of them. This then links to the respective init, which indicates where the object can be placed. In the init you need to insert your corrections after the last True line. You can press the Sort button beforehad.

With this correction, your object can now be placed. But still people can walk through it. I don't know anything about that. There is the lucky shrine that is 2x3 rotated.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
If you add new tiles, you also need to add OBJf for each of them. This then links to the respective init, which indicates where the object can be placed. In the init you need to insert your corrections after the last True line. You can press the Sort button beforehad.

With this correction, your object can now be placed. But still people can walk through it. I don't know anything about that. There is the lucky shrine that is 2x3 rotated.

Hello @jonasn
Thank you for your reply.
I just have to move the added line to the line below the second line which was true - and don't have to change anything else e.g. a value?

Thank you for the tip about the lucky shrine - I may use that or I am thinking about scaling the object.
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:40 AM
You need to connect your new line to the existing flow. The line that previously returned true now needs to point to your new addition, which in turn needs to return True. The order of the lines doesn't matter, but they are easier to read if they come sequentially.

You probably need to change something to make the object solid, but I don't know what that is. Nothing I could write makes it so. It already doesn't have person intersection. The correction to the "footprint" might go in other files.

Each of those tiles can have different placement (inside, outside, some walkable over, some not). So they need an init from Objf. It can be the same one.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
You need to connect your new line to the existing flow. The line that previously returned true now needs to point to your new addition, which in turn needs to return True. The order of the lines doesn't matter, but they are easier to read if they come sequentially.

You probably need to change something to make the object solid, but I don't know what that is. Nothing I could write makes it so. It already doesn't have person intersection. The correction to the "footprint" might go in other files.

Each of those tiles can have different placement (inside, outside, some walkable over, some not). So they need an init from Objf. It can be the same one.

Hello @jonasn
Thank you for your reply and assistance.

When I went to sort the order - it changed the second line down to the third line. I also changed the operand number from "04" back to "02". I then committed, saved and did an integrity check.
I went into my game and it was still not letting me place the object on the ground.

Having nothing to lose, I went into the main data object and changed the values to the same as in DeeDee's tutorial plus in CRES deleted the footprint array so it was empty. Committed, saved and did another integrity check then tested it in-game.

Not only could I place the object, John did not walk through the object which he had previously.
Screenshots