3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11751 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:10 PM
Sadly I'm allergic to cats.
Advertisement
Scholar
#11752 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:38 PM
I'm allergic to cats but am owned by a bunny. You tell a bunny not to chew something, he'll go right ahead and chew it out of sheer cussedness - and glare at you first, just so you know he knows what you said and isn't going to be pushed around by a mere hoomin. You have to ask politely, and preferably also provide alternative entertainment that is at least as good. Definitely very similar to cats!

I'm also chief food provider for an elderly dog who's as dim as they come and sometimes poops or pees in the house because she doesn't feel like going out, but of course I love her to bits anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11753 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:48 PM
My oldest cats prefered place is just outside the box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11754 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 9:50 PM
One of my cats likes to sit at the edge of the box and poop right outside of it. She'll go in it to pee though. Well, effort for trying?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11755 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:01 PM
Ah yes, the "pee in the sink to let the hoomin know I have a urinary track infection." I didn't really mind that she peed in the bathroom sink to let me know she had the UTI instead of somewhere harder to clean. I immediately took her to the vet to get it treated and kept a closer eye on the litter box after that so it wouldn't happen again.

Still annoys me by barfing in inconvenient spots (on the bath mat while I'm in the shower, by my computer chair where the wheels could spread the barf if I hadn't seen it in time, etc.)
Mad Poster
#11756 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 11:17 PM
We're dog people, and our current curmudgeon (she was born a curmudgeon--or at least by the time my parents got her from the animal shelter as a young thing she'd turned into one) has taken to pooping on the sidewalk. This was obnoxious but understandable last year when the snow was deeper than she was tall. There's grass showing in places in the yard right now. Laziness is not an excuse in my book. My mom's all "You should be glad she's doing it on the sidewalk because it's easy to clean up!" Me: "Are you volunteering to clean the van when I find out she'd pooped on the walk when the toddler's stepped in it on the way out?"

She redeems herself by graciously tolerating the people puppies, though, so that makes up for a lot of flaws. Canine puppies she snaps at with malice, and non human nor canine anything is on her kill on sight list. (Which is a good fifty percent of why we have no cat.) Though she's mellowed slightly towards the chickens in recent years.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#11757 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@lordtyger9, I realize this might be a little late, but did you see if there was another tab to select? This happened to me too, after I downloaded some cc that made separates available for categories that don't usually have them. I was in a panic when I realized that there was an option to click full body outfits when planning an outfit, just like when you buy clothes for everyday. Once I clicked that, all my regular outfits for that category appeared again. Did you make sure that option isn't there? And what about when other members of the household plan an outfit? If you say they have gym wear, then the full body outfit shows up automatically (cuz that's what they're wearing), but there should be an option to check tops and bottoms, too (which would be empty, cuz you didn't buy any).

I can not say one way or the other. I do know that none of my other Teens were wearing those pants, so I don't really know. I will try and spend some time investigating. At this point my teens have all become young adults, so it will be a little while before I figure anything out.

I do appreciate everyone who commented as their comments give me some idea as what to look for. I do know that I used the MATY clothing pile to buy more clothes and I checked all of the different Teens that I had in the household and everyone was fine except for the one teen. When I checked the Teen In Question's other clothes everything was fine, just his Gym clothes had no choices in Wardrobe Planning.

My Family has three cats, two rescued from the shelter, one male and one female and one male that was left on my front porch that I had to adopt as well. They all get along well.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#11758 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:32 AM
Our dogs live outside most of the time. Our older female prefers a corner of the backyard. She's quite the little lady. I was setting up bedding in their houses (egg crate bed cushioning and thick bathroom rugs) when one of the girls sort of shoved me aside to get in. Needless to say, I've learned to get out of her way when it's bedtime.

On that note, I have had the Pets Expansion pack for years. I'm wondering if I should finally download it... I want one of my Sedona locals to have a dog.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#11759 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:38 AM Last edited by lazzybum : 19th Jan 2018 at 3:50 AM.
What is the safest way to delete custom careers? I'm guessing I have to make sure no one is employed in that career before I take it out. Is there a way to show a list of who is employed in a specific career, like in SimPE?

And when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?
Mad Poster
#11760 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:46 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 19th Jan 2018 at 3:58 AM.
What's the fastest way to send everyone on a lot into aspiration failure at once? I want to see what happens.

EDIT: Figured it out. InSim has an option to set the aspiration score of a group of Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11761 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?

I've done this with a bird at least once and it worked fine. I imagine womrats wouldn't be much different.
Link Ninja
#11762 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:39 AM
I've done both, they are fine. Womrats never die though, not in my game. They are immortal little things.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#11763 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
What is the safest way to delete custom careers? I'm guessing I have to make sure no one is employed in that career before I take it out. Is there a way to show a list of who is employed in a specific career, like in SimPE?

And when moving sims into a new lot, is it safe to take their pet bird or womrat by putting them in sim's inventory?

I believe sims in custom careers just have to be at home. Personally, I will have them all quit first.
Top Secret Researcher
#11764 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:02 PM
Anyone know of a workaround for moving a ninth sim into a college dorm? I have the larger households mod and it's a nine-room dorm but for whatever reason I can't move a ninth sim into the dorm I have.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11765 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:33 PM
Try having one of the first 8 propose/move in. Some of the bigger household mods balk at merging from neighborhood view but will let you invite move-ins endlessly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#11766 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:03 PM
I think it's not allowed to invite people to move in to dorms. The workaround I can think of is to move a household out to a residence, invite ninth sim via proposition, then exit to 'hood view, move out the whole bunch to family bin and move in to a dorm. I have just recently tested moving larger families from bin to unoccupied lots - the game doesn't mind. It does mind, if a lot is occupied and you try to merge households.
Mad Poster
#11767 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:12 PM
You can propose/move in dormies to make them playable, including ones that don't live there. Why wouldn't it be allowed with playables? The mechanic that moves dormies out to make room for dates and outing members who come back to the dorm implies an expectation that they'll be invited to move in.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#11768 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. I kind of think I remember inviting someone into dorm, but recently all I got was dropped action, if I tried. Looking at code, the game has a function "Move in - Allow?" that returns false if lot is a dorm. Maybe what I remember was moving in by marriage. Marriage code looks like it can go around the test.
Anyway, if I were StrangeTownChick, I would try to invite first. Or even use teleporter mod - here's another workaround.
Instructor
#11769 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I believe sims in custom careers just have to be at home. Personally, I will have them all quit first.

Don't they still have memories attached to those careers, though?
Mad Poster
#11770 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:06 PM
Speaking of university, do secret societies generate in new empty hoods?
Mad Poster
#11771 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
The members do if you don't have a mod to suppress spawning; but if this is a custom university that started empty, you'll have to build your own secret society lot.

Mad Poster
#11772 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:36 PM
If I put in a mod that causes a reset and then load up exactly one hood before closing the game and removing that same mod, will all my hoods be reset or just the one I loaded up while the mod was in?
Scholar
#11773 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:36 PM
Just the one you loaded
Alchemist
#11774 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:46 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix, basically what Peni said, but also, when you build a custom university you should notice that you have the option to place down one of the three Maxis secret societies--they're in the lot bin. Once placed it disappears.

@Lamare, you can definitely propose/move in sims while in the dorm and @StrangeTownChick, you need to update your userstartup.cheat file to be able to move sims from the bin to a household with eight sims in it. Unless there's special dorm/uni coding that prevents it (and there could be, haven't done this in a university hood in a while), updating the cheat file should do it. I'll double check for you when I get home.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#11775 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:28 PM
Oh that great to know @Phantomknight that I don't need to build it or miss out on anything.
Page 471 of 1345