Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7476 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
And speaking of flipping chairs, I would like for a mod that allows unplugging electronics from "electrical sockets". Useful to stop guest from interacting with tv and blasting stereos which they are obligated to use without seeking for permission of the owners.

Locking away the fridge during parties and the bookcase (+ all loose books) in all residential uni lots has become a sanity thing for me. Even more important for the bubble blowers all Pleasure sims demand. Could work for your TV and stereos too. I find it's more convenient to arrange the house so such objects are already behind lockable doors rather than dragging them there when guests show up, but that doesn't work so well on every lot, especially if funds are tight.

Edit: the computer is another one that I find really annoying, not because one guest uses it, but because everyone else tries to use it and then stomps and swears because there's "no chair."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7477 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Locking away the fridge during parties and the bookcase (+ all loose books) in all residential uni lots has become a sanity thing for me. Even more important for the bubble blowers all Pleasure sims demand. Could work for your TV and stereos too. I find it's more convenient to arrange the house so such objects are already behind lockable doors rather than dragging them there when guests show up, but that doesn't work so well on every lot, especially if funds are tight.

Edit: the computer is another one that I find really annoying, not because one guest uses it, but because everyone else tries to use it and then stomps and swears because there's "no chair."

Well, there's Pescado's autonomycontrol mod, where you can block anyone from using anything without being commanded to. I use it mostly in Apocalypse Challenges where I can have a computer to write novel on but not anything else, so I don't have to constantly tell sims to stop blogging about chess and playing computer games!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7478 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:37 AM

Computer fixes here. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 Saved my sanity.
Alchemist
#7479 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
I'd like working outerwear. Sims shouldn't freeze if they're properly dressed.
Mad Poster
#7480 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I'd like to see a mod which is probably not out of the scope of possibilities but would take a lot of work and it would probably have limited appeal (just a touch of realism) : Have random cars pass by the lot. Have it be maybe a police car, an ambulance, or heck, even a hatchback (the dirty tan car which the careers start off with) and have it so a random townie will be driving it. I doubt this can be done, but it'd be neat to see this!

Someone did this, but I cannot find the hack. No random townie driving, but cars passing by the lot.
Alchemist
#7481 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:36 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#7482 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo

Well, they ought to freeze slower than otherwise, anyway.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#7483 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
My gosh! I can't believe it. Thanks a ton ,you two. I would've never thought someone would've made this! Haha see you all later. Gotta go play now.

Runs off into the night and plays Sims 2

Oh please report back! I was thinking about a mod like that just yesterday!!!
I hope it does work great.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7484 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:03 AM
Oh boy..I cannot wait.
Thank you.

Mad Poster
#7485 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Computer fixes here. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 Saved my sanity.

Yeah, I like every part of that except "All new FT computer options are disabled for visitors on residential lots," because I really don't mind guests browsing the web for hobby stuff. I've had friends come over irl and do that; it doesn't exactly seem so strange to me, especially for sims who are less social.

Does outerwear actually do nothing at all? I think sims should still freeze eventually if they're in outerwear, but it should slow down the whole getting cold process.
Theorist
#7486 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:34 AM
Sims can freeze and die outside while wearing outerwear. It's not quick though.

Since children can bring in the mail from mailbox, isn't it possible for them to share cards with other children? That would be great if they could send notes and cards to their besties. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#7487 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:18 AM Last edited by omglo : 9th Feb 2018 at 5:31 AM.

Does outerwear actually do nothing at all? I think sims should still freeze eventually if they're in outerwear, but it should slow down the whole getting cold process.
It has no effect at all.

Field Researcher
#7488 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 5:48 AM
It has no effect at all.

Out of curioustity was your test with or without pescados 'Warmth Fixes' mod installed?

Also your post made me lol.
Mad Poster
#7489 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:12 AM
I might have to test this now since I frequently check my sim's personal temps with the batbox, and I assume the data it spits out is more exact that the little thermometer on the sim's portrait. Also I do have warmthfixes.
Scholar
#7490 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Isn't there a mod somewhere that forces sims to use the tables and chairs in a room of your choosing. Going to have to look that up ....

Yes, Inge made it. It is at simlogical under Eating (2nd mod listed on the page). http://simlogical.info/

WOW, that Take a Spin mod that is listed on the aussietopenders site is what I have always wanted! Take a spin in the car and buy Pizza/chinese food/groceries. http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/hackedobjects.htm

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#7491 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:50 PM
Chris hatch's bus mod is quite fun. I can only wonder If somebody made a subway sort of TS3'alike system where a sim enters that object and then gets to choose from (preferably limited to where the object is presented) a list of lots to travel to. Also, speaking of metro and trains, as anybody converted road into railroad tracks and have carpool/vehicles/taxi appear in a form of a train? I also wish (Island Paradise inspired, I know) for boats to appear on the road that is replaced by water/swimming-pool.
Alchemist
#7492 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Out of curioustity was your test with or without pescados 'Warmth Fixes' mod installed?

Also your post made me lol.
Without.
Mad Poster
#7493 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:21 PM
I'd like a hacked object that would regulate/take care of your sim's temperature.
Not like Inge's AC ceiling object, which pushes sims to stand under it if too cold/hot until their bar is green again, no.
With that hacked object in the room, your sim would never get too cold/hot to begin with.
It could be a..AC that you install in a window...or a mini-heater you place on the floor, or..etc.

That would be ideal for these CFE houses that consider your attic to be *outside* thus freezing in the winter, and having a heatstroke in the summer by sleeping in it...
Only problem I see is that *outside* also means..your whole lot.
(and, that I'd never be able to create that function)

just a girl
#7494 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:35 PM
I have some ideas about this. I was thinking to make it so that "inside" is not comfy by default - it reflects outside weather (taking into account a slightly stabilizing effect from the enclosed space) and requires heating or cooling to make it comfy. Social workers might not appreciate it, so I'd have to make it easy on kids, but overall I don't foresee too many problems with this.

By the way, I noticed my sims have heatstrokes by sleeping inside either. It might be something in sleeping code. I'm not saying anything about CFE attics. Don't know how they work.
Mad Poster
#7495 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:41 PM
That would be nice indeed. Do you think, adding code to the fireplaces would be possible? having one and light a fire should warm up the place...
About attics, not all of them are considered to be outside. I noticed it was the case in the house I am building now, when I tried to put a ceiling lamp..and it says *must be placed inside*
Which means, that bedroom will not be insulated. This is only true if one has Seasons EP, of course.
Many tutorials about CFE warns you that this attic place should not be a bedroom, for that reason.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7496 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:38 PM
My gosh! I can't believe it. Thanks a ton ,you two. I would've never thought someone would've made this! Haha see you all later. Gotta go play now.

Runs off into the night and plays Sims 2

Watch out, you will get lots of extra driver sims. Traffic hacks have been available for a long time now. I got my first one in 2005 or something (the one by Shaklin).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7497 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:45 PM
The cars have drivers! woah! I did not know, I have not *play* yet..just building stuff.
Are we talking about a mod that adds NPC's that you cannot remove from your game once you put that object on your lot then hit Live mode?

Instructor
#7498 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
A usable European high class tea set that would allow high class Sims to have traditional Enlglish tea time in the rose garden. I love the Japanese tea set, but it doesn't always fit perfectly....

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Goolging Regency Tea Set Sims 2 I actually found this one : https://scibirg.tumblr.com/post/159...regency-tea-set Thanks!

Ok but the accessory "mug" should be changed to match .... Does it ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7499 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
The cars have drivers! woah! I did not know, I have not *play* yet..just building stuff.
Are we talking about a mod that adds NPC's that you cannot remove from your game once you put that object on your lot then hit Live mode?

When the game calls a car for a drive past, it will call a driver. If there are two or even three cars on the lots - which sometimes happens with these hacks, the game calls for a driver for each one. If you also have, say a taxi, on the lot or maybe a school bus (or both), for every instance of a driveable vehicle, the game will call for a driver. It does not duplicate drivers. So, if you arrive on lot with a sim in a taxi and the school bus arrives about the same time (or you have another sim returning or going to work) and then you have two drive pasts on the lot at the same time, the game will call for four drivers. Even with the noregen hacks, you will get four drivers because the noregen hacks are designed to allow the game to call for NPC sims when it needs them. With four vehicles on the lot, it needs four drivers. Little Carping has ended up with six drivers I think it is even though I mostly only have one of each type of other NPC.

Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Ok but the accessory "mug" should be changed to match .... Does it ?

Yes, I think it does.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7500 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
When the game calls a car for a drive past, it will call a driver. If there are two or even three cars on the lots - which sometimes happens with these hacks, the game calls for a driver for each one. If you also have, say a taxi, on the lot or maybe a school bus (or both), for every instance of a driveable vehicle, the game will call for a driver. It does not duplicate drivers. So, if you arrive on lot with a sim in a taxi and the school bus arrives about the same time (or you have another sim returning or going to work) and then you have two drive pasts on the lot at the same time, the game will call for four drivers. Even with the noregen hacks, you will get four drivers because the noregen hacks are designed to allow the game to call for NPC sims when it needs them. With four vehicles on the lot, it needs four drivers. Little Carping has ended up with six drivers I think it is even though I mostly only have one of each type of other NPC.

Ok yes, so I will just have more Drivers in my 'Hood. If I decide to delete the cheat object from my lot, the new Drivers will stay and it won't create no character files. They are Drivers..not PT's.
Hoping this is right.

Page 300 of 576