Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7451 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 5:45 PM
I wish CH's Market Stalls had nicer meshes. Like some of the converted 4t2 market and food stalls I've seen.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7452 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:24 PM
Lamare, I sincerely apologize for that. I knew I was most likely going to get it wrong, because I always do if I don't look up how to spell things.

Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
while testing the calendar, I came to the conclusion that some lots take longer to process to the next level. I noticed in particular that one lot I tested on, that had fruit trees and garden plots took a lot longer, so that indicates it depends on how many changes it has to implement (change material etc) in that particular lot, as to how long it takes for the season to change. I am sure that it is also dependent on how many things are there that change at a certain time, lot size, number of sims, and what ram/processor are like.

That's interesting, because in my experience the day has taken the longest to advance on a lot with a single sim and no garden plots or fruit trees! Now I'm worried what would happen if I had 6-8 sims and an actual farm/orchard!
Mad Poster
#7453 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:39 AM
It'd be great, especially for setting the mood on owned lots, to be able to 1.) turn on the TV and have it stay on after a Sim stops interacting with it, 2.) not have other Sims changing the channel (I'm tired of the TV in my sports bars getting moved away from sports, or the TV over a toy area in a public building showing something other than the kids channel), and 3.) still have Sims able to autonomously decide to watch TV.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#7454 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:02 AM
Maybe TVs with set stations--like the speakers--could be made? That'd also be lovely for unowned lots.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7455 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:36 AM
That's funny @Rosawyn goes to show our games all work differently!
Mad Poster
#7456 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:10 PM
Not sure about this one but, you know the interaction : * Do you want to stay the night?* I'd like it to be under friendly and not taken as a romantic advance..
And about sleepovers, I'd like my children & teens to be able to ask their friend if they want to stay the night..without being romantic.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7457 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Not sure about this one but, you know the interaction : * Do you want to stay the night?* I'd like it to be under friendly and not taken as a romantic advance..
And about sleepovers, I'd like my children & teens to be able to ask their friend if they want to stay the night..without being romantic.

I thought there was a totally platonic stay the night option already?
For children, I use childrensleepover by Squinge.
Mad Poster
#7458 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:14 PM
Like I said, I was not sure we had a platonic or romance.
This mod by Squinge is incompatible with Inteen. So I'll pass! but thank you, now I know it has been done.

Mad Poster
#7459 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
I'm not 100% sure on the platonic option either, so I guess maybe we should check that one to be sure.
Mad Poster
#7460 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM
It would be interesting if the assault rifle from SimWardrobe was made autonomous under very specific circumstances (only against enemies/furious, and probably only when in low aspiration, and personality-based as well). Would add a bit of a dice-roll to the game.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7461 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:30 AM
Taking note irl of my son's elementary school "diploma," I wonder why sims don't even get high school diplomas. All they get are university diplomas. Seems a bit odd. I think it would be cute to have some sort of system where a child aging into a teen could earn an elementary school diploma and a teen aging into a YA or adult could earn a high school diploma. Not just an object to hang on the wall, but one that when viewed would give a popup with their name and some text like, "This is to certify that Lucy has completed the elementary school curriculum and is therefore promoted to high school," or some such. Elementary school diploma could be more colourful but be a simple piece of paper, while high school diploma would look more serious/official.
Mad Poster
#7462 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:49 AM
I never got a high school or elementary diploma. Getting into Uni was based on exam results.
Mad Poster
#7463 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM
Would be nice to automatically hide 0/0 relationships from the panel. It can get quite cluttered after playing a Sim for some time.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#7464 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:25 AM
I had never heard of elementary schools diplomas until late in my high school years. But I wouldn't mind high school diplomas for sims. Especially for the ones that I don't send to university.

AKA. Anora Acadian
Mad Poster
#7465 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Would be nice to automatically hide 0/0 relationships from the panel. It can get quite cluttered after playing a Sim for some time.

This might help. http://modthesims.info/d/155086
Lab Assistant
#7466 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 3:53 PM
I'd like to see something like PBK's hunting mod with more modern weapons. Although I will admit that watching my 1940s-50s era hunters go after a duck or deer with a sword or a spear is nothing short of hilarious.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7467 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:02 AM
and what would you want them to have? abilities of some sort?
Perhaps an always full influence bar so they could "influence" people's minds?

Perhaps they learn faster, come with a gold robotics badge, like plant sims have a gold gardening badge?
Mad Poster
#7468 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:51 AM
I'm sure that if you could make such a mod that you could make it search for vampirism or alienism as a trait before conferring abilities. There's a flag in there somewhere.
Alchemist
#7469 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 8:15 PM
giving abilities to certain character types might be possible. plantsims automatically get gold gardening badge when converted or when toddler plantsim transitions to Adult.
Mad Poster
#7470 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:39 PM
Something that takes weather and temperature into account when deciding which table a Sim eats at. I've seen them go out on the back porch in the middle of thunderstorms to eat their dinner. That's a bit absurd.

Mad Poster
#7471 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:49 PM
It took me most of a winter in my current rotation to realize I should turn all the outside chairs backwards to stop them from using outdoor tables. Hadn't considered thunderstorms, tho; that could be really annoying. It's one thing to turn chairs around at the start of winter and turn them back at the end and quite another to flip them around each time it starts raining.
Mad Poster
#7472 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:53 PM
Wouldn't it be nice then, to have a mod that simply flip the chairs upside down and sits them on the table?..Like we did at school.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7473 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:02 AM
Isn't there a mod somewhere that forces sims to use the tables and chairs in a room of your choosing. Going to have to look that up ....

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7474 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:06 AM
Kind of like choosing where to sit? I would wish for such flexibility.

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I want a mod which makes aliens more than just "Sims with green skin". It's a shame that Maxis didn't expand upon all of these alternate life states later on.. It irks me that 3's options for the life states (especially ghosts) are vastly superior to 2's.

I might not be much of a help (until I feel really motivated to jump into modding wagon that I have plans to improving all life states), but what I do [in vanilla] is exclusive-fy aspiration rewards, like thinking cap and the skill vacuum, to aliens so that they look unique with those gadgets they brought from their planet or were gifted after growing up.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Something that takes weather and temperature into account when deciding which table a Sim eats at. I've seen them go out on the back porch in the middle of thunderstorms to eat their dinner. That's a bit absurd.

Yeah. That's how I personally would do it.

And speaking of flipping chairs, I would like for a mod that allows unplugging electronics from "electrical sockets". Useful to stop guest from interacting with tv and blasting stereos which they are obligated to use without seeking for permission of the owners.
Mad Poster
#7475 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
*deleted*
Page 299 of 576