Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM
I just had a thought, do you think this could be related to her IF never developing to the walking stage? She spent the most time in the playpen of all the children, so I thought she didn't play with it enough. Could it be stuck aging?
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Thanks, Nitro. Zafira might be my favorite, she's the youngest and the only one that looks like her mother. More importantly, she looks a lot like my real life daughter, and while I know Zafira is nothing more than a program and some pixels... it feels wrong.

Anyway, I was looking through my saves folder and found that I had a backup file from January 7. So I renamed it and started it up. It seems like I'm loosing a lot of game play, but it took me a while to realize that the game was always crashing on the same day. I loaded it up and things are really weird. when sims stand in a certain spot in the backyard they act like they could be at any part of the house. I had one sim walk to the spot and port into the upstairs bathroom to take a shower, then she stepped out of the shower and was in the back yard again. Then she took a step and ported back up to use the toilet. The whole time she was getting cold moodlets. Another sim stood in that spot and then levitated to the ceiling when I selected her, she had the action "sleep until fully rested..." showing a bunk bed. There's a similar place on the inside where they'll interact with something that is outside as if they were there too. I took out my mods/packages/build and mods/packages/buy. I don't care if my house looks weird! I just want things to work!

Did you use any building cheats while building the house? That almost sounds like CFE run amok.

About the imaginary friend thing, you could try completely purging the IF from your game, they're super buggy. Here's instructions on how to: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Imaginary+Friend
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM
@orose I didn't use any cheats, there was a door there that disappeared when I took out the CCmerged files from a bunch of custom worlds.

Would deleting just the one IF be possible? I want to make the other two real.
Scholar
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
-The game kept crashing yesterday on the first loading screen. I took my "scripting" mods folder out, while leaving in the NRAAS, and it resolved and loaded. I was able to play until Zafira's birthday and then needed to quit. Now I get to play "Find the problem mod"

-I deleted Zafira's IF and used her to discover the "Make Real" potion to give to her brothers and now their IFs are real. There are currently 1 EM, 1 AF, 3 TM,4 TF, 1 CF, and 4 dogs in my household. Kill me.

-I changed Mom's LTW

-I demolished and rebuilt the house, the weird CFE like glitches remain, though diminished.
Instructor
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
-The game kept crashing yesterday on the first loading screen. I took my "scripting" mods folder out, while leaving in the NRAAS, and it resolved and loaded. I was able to play until Zafira's birthday and then needed to quit. Now I get to play "Find the problem mod"

-I deleted Zafira's IF and used her to discover the "Make Real" potion to give to her brothers and now their IFs are real. There are currently 1 EM, 1 AF, 3 TM,4 TF, 1 CF, and 4 dogs in my household. Kill me.

-I changed Mom's LTW

-I demolished and rebuilt the house, the weird CFE like glitches remain, though diminished.

1- Do you have any mods that affect birthdays/aging? The 50/50 method is definitely the best for this, but if you have any hunches about mods that might be causing the glitch, I've found it usually pays to follow up on them.

2- Holy hannah that's way too many sims for me to keep track of. I micro manage mine though, lol. I really need to start up a wishacy save or something- let them figure their lives out without me xD

4- Have you checked if the lot itself is glitched? I've only had this happen once or twice before, but there have been times when I've had to completely demolish a lot and start fresh because of some glitch in how it was placed, or for this other weird glitch where the game thinks there's something on the lot even though you can't see it. I forgot the particulars of what was going on, but I had to use the bulldoze icon twice, once to get rid of what was actually on the lot, and a second time to get rid of what the game thought was on the lot.
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:20 PM
1 None that I'm aware of; but I put the folder back in, removing the last 2 scripting mods I'd put in and it loaded up. Thank god for the "My Links" tab! I was able to check what the last 3 things I downloaded was and took out the two that hadn't been updated in a long time.

2 It's a lot of skill grinding so I set one up doing something, then the next and so on. I mostly let the dogs and the parents run on free will though. Mom is driving me nuts though! She's become obsessed with the sandbox all of a sudden! Dad mostly wanders around route failing and randomly cleaning. The dogs get sent to hunt at like 4 AM and they are the main earners. This tires them out and keeps them out of the way for the morning rush.

4 I have not. I'm willing to live with the CFE glitch for the moment. I'm not building another house right now.
Page 2 of 2