Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#12751 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:14 AM
Interesting question about burglars. Not the same thing, but if they get into a house that's "poor" they just say something like "Boy, you're so poor there's nothing to steal. Get a job ya bum".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12752 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 11:18 AM
I won't be surprised if they can teleport.
Mad Poster
#12753 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:53 PM
I've had homes that, for story line reasons, had no door. Burglars just kind of walk around and around for awhile. Then they disappear.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#12754 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:29 PM
I presume that locking the front door doesn't keep the burglar out?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12755 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:32 PM
Nope. I'm pretty sure no NPCs are really affected by locked doors.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#12756 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
I mean, think of it logically. What if a burglar just gave up when encountering a locked door? No, the burglars have magic lockpicks.
Mad Poster
#12757 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I've gotten in the habit of making a note in the sim's biography panel as to what they majored in and who their professors were.

Where would I find that? Can I actually make notes or is it like the family story that I'm supposed to learn how to take pictures and post, thus making me learn something and bloating my game?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#12758 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 3:52 PM
Go to the UI and open up the personality screen, the one where you see the sim's character points and fitness state. In the upper right corner is an icon of a notepad. Click that to open the biography pop-up, which is just a blank pop-up you can type in. Well, not quite blank. Most premades already have text there, but you can type over it. CAS and born-in-game sims to whom the player has not yet given a bio will have filler text, something along the lines of "This sim has no bio."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#12759 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
I have an apartment lot with a communal kitchen and eating area. How do I get sims to eat their meals in that common area? Currently Ophelia hikes all the way back to her apartment to eat on the couch. I'm suspecting this is the behavior caused by a hack but I'm not sure.

I only have a communal kitchen in my apartment lots. They never take food back to their room because the room doesn't have table and chairs or kitchen stuff, the communal area does. I know this is odd, but I make apartments more like communes where the private part is really undeveloped and all the action takes place in the communal area and all the residents have close relationships. One option.
Mad Poster
#12760 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:23 PM
I've read about many people doing just that. Using that little Bio note pad thing to store info about their sims. Never did this myself, but I understand how useful or helpful it can be, to a player who needs it..
Ok, I'll go back to bed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#12761 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I only have a communal kitchen in my apartment lots. They never take food back to their room because the room doesn't have table and chairs or kitchen stuff, the communal area does. I know this is odd, but I make apartments more like communes where the private part is really undeveloped and all the action takes place in the communal area and all the residents have close relationships. One option.

Side question, do you know any way around the 'four playable households per apt lot' limit?
Mad Poster
#12762 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:03 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 20th Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM. Reason: forgot one
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Where would I find that? Can I actually make notes or is it like the family story that I'm supposed to learn how to take pictures and post, thus making me learn something and bloating my game?

You don't need pictures to add to a sim's biography or to add to the household info box. You will need to add pictures from the in-game camera if you want to add info to the neighborhood album or to a family album.

I've mostly stopped putting notes in the neighborhood album since some of them get set to read-only for no apparent reason and some have gotten completely reset (all text is lost and pictures have to be set up all over again).

The personal bio can be tricky to keep open while you're trying to type in it, so I don't usually keep much info in it - the sim's university major and professors - not much else. Mostly I use the household info box that you get when you click on the family's house from Neighborhood View.

If I have a story that I'm keeping track of, I have Notepad or Wordpad open and write up a "journal" in that. This is one of several reasons I run in windowed mode. It's possible to switch between windows when running the game full screen, but even on a very good computer, Windows doesn't like when you do that.

EDIT: Almost forgot - there is also an editable box that pops up when you change neighborhoods or subhoods. This is also a good place to put neighborhood notes.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12763 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Side question, do you know any way around the 'four playable households per apt lot' limit?

Pretty sure, this is hard coded and cannot be changed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#12764 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:52 PM
RoxEllen, have you tried the Storybook Reader? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=60033 It's old, but it still works. Several times when my album's gone wonky for whatever reason I've found I could still open it with this, for reading purposes; though I still have to start a new album to read in the game.

Gwynne, nope, that four-playable-households limit on apartments has defied everyone's attempts to mod. You'd probably need access to the source code to do it. Sorry.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#12765 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 9:56 PM
RoxEllen, I don't know why I haven't done that - adding notes on screen instead of scrawled notes in a physical notebook which gets messy really fast. Thanks! I do use the neighbourhood view to add their occupations. I had too many mayors and that way I can now see who does what without entering the house (or referring to my new spreadsheet).
Scholar
#12766 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Do burglars ever enter anywhere besides the front door? I usually put security alarms by the exterior doors, but it just occurred to me that I've only ever seen them enter through the front door like a normal guest.

They may enter through the garage, if they are planning to steal your car. (You did put a burglar alarm on either the garage or the car, didn't you?)
Mad Poster
#12767 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Do burglars ever enter anywhere besides the front door? I usually put security alarms by the exterior doors, but it just occurred to me that I've only ever seen them enter through the front door like a normal guest.

They will use whichever door is the front door (except for garages, as pointed out above), so if you placed a back door after the front door they will use that since the game considers it the main entrance.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#12768 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:00 AM
I am trying to use this Mod MQ_Animal_Incest_Mod.package, by Monique. However even though the pets will woohoo when asked by one of my Sims, I have never had a Pregnancy.

Most recently I tried something like three times in a household of 6 Sims and 4 Pets, with BO - Unlimited Sims.package loaded and
my startup cheat has these lines:
uintProp maxTotalSims 20
uintProp maxTotalHumans 12
uintProp maxTotalPets 8

Is it really that hard to get Pets Pregnant or is there something else wrong maybe?

On a somewhat related note it was mentioned that The Sim Manipulator could remove the Family bit from Pets, but I have not been able to find it, can someone tell me what menu has this command?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#12769 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:05 AM
I was mistaken - I checked the Manipulator and couldn't find anything about the family trees. It was on the InSimenator instead. Sorry about that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#12770 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:40 AM
Thanks, @Phantomknight and @AndrewGloria! Knew I must have missed something!
Mad Poster
#12771 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 7:54 AM
Question: I have a cloned Rod Humble as a townie. For some reason, on any lot where there's a Visitor Controller, no matter what settings it has it'll immediately zap him if he appears. There's no prisoner token in his inventory. What's going on?

Mad Poster
#12772 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
RoxEllen, have you tried the Storybook Reader? http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=60033 It's old, but it still works. Several times when my album's gone wonky for whatever reason I've found I could still open it with this, for reading purposes; though I still have to start a new album to read in the game.

I haven't used albums in several years. The old save in the screenshots above had some very large albums that got me worried about whether there was a limit to how much stuff I could safely put in there, so I switched to keeping a journal in notepad and taking screenshots with Irfanview. I don't remember ever having a problem with a family album going wonky other than one where I didn't realize that the vacation photo albums were buggy and viewing them could reset the family story. I never used the neighborhood album for much other than a few notes to myself about which mods and CC to use or remove with a specific hood.

Thanks for the link though. I can extract the old family albums that I did make and back them up somewhere safe. It will be nice to be able to read them without having to go load the neighborhood they came from.
Mad Poster
#12773 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I mean, think of it logically. What if a burglar just gave up when encountering a locked door? No, the burglars have magic lockpicks.
Except that almost anywhere in the Sim universe, the burglar would only have to go to the next house to find an unlocked front door. Because, no matter what sort of neighbourhood they live in, Sims almost never think of locking the door before they go to bed. I always thought it remarkable that Veronaville was a place where everyone left their doors unlocked, despite the neighbourhood's reputation for being dominated by feuding between semi-criminal families. But then, they don't lock their doors in Pleasantview, or in Strangetown or anywhere else I can think of.

I suppose that, if they know the burglar will get in anyway, why waste time locking the door? I wonder if putting the wardrobe against the door would stop the burglar getting in.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#12774 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
EDIT: Almost forgot - there is also an editable box that pops up when you change neighborhoods or subhoods. This is also a good place to put neighborhood notes.

I'm using Phaenoh's Pleasantview remodel with some CAS sims and, uh...

This is a mess, but a beautiful one.
Instructor
#12775 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question: I have a cloned Rod Humble as a townie. For some reason, on any lot where there's a Visitor Controller, no matter what settings it has it'll immediately zap him if he appears. There's no prisoner token in his inventory. What's going on?

Maybe try to reset all setting in Visitor Controller to default and see if Rod Humble will be still zapped to disappear. Also you could try summoning him with sim manipulator or insimenator to see if he's still immediately sent out.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Page 511 of 1339