Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7876 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
I never said I agree with this site's rules, though I'm not sure I understand your reply @SneakyWingPhoenix

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I could see the rule being lifted for a social group, but we don't want people flooding the WCIF forum or constantly PMing creators to make such-and-such for them.

Well, the creator who take requests has its own *thread* within the WCIF, so in theory, if members respect the no requests policy, the WCIF should not be flooded with requests. And about PMing the creators...then what's the point of having its own thread for that only purpose if members don't dare Pming? Constantly, I admit would end up being annoying, but there will always be annoying people on this planet.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7877 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:21 AM
I meant creators not on the list.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7878 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Sorry for returning to topic, but this whole thread is a bit ironic and contradicting: considering, regardless how you paint it, it is a thread with the title in mind asking to indirectly make a request. Can that redundant rule be somehow a bit uplifted, ay? :D

I have to disagree. Requests are sometimes posted here, but most of the posts are just people dreaming out loud. There's a rather clear difference in tone and phrasing between the dreamers and the request-ers. The spirit of this thread is quite different, at least in my eyes.

That said I don't personally take issue with a social group about requesting, since I can just choose to not read it. But I sincerely hope MTS never changes it's request-rules, because we get enough of that even with the rule in place.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7879 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 3:51 AM
Heheh I've been guilty of requesting stuff too... generally from Chris Hatch. Also got lotsa ideas for various mods to turn Sims 2 into Sims 2.5 XD
Mad Poster
#7880 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 3:59 AM
Nothing wrong with requests as long as they are phrased politely and directed at someone that's stated they are willing to receive requests

Mad Poster
#7881 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:13 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a modified play-tower that looks like a treehouse and that only has the 'hang out' option (perhaps enabled for children as well, though the animations might glitch).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7882 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 5:02 AM
Instructor
#7883 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:46 AM
How about a hack that will make the cars stop at Stop Signs and Stop Lights in the neighborhood and have them drive through your lot while in the lot. Not just for deliveries. Just random.
Mad Poster
#7884 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 10:56 AM
I'd like to see a hack that would allow one to set the parameters of all the settings various things have on a lot at once: ACR, Lot Sync Timer, Visitor Controller, etc.

Kind of like a super bat box.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7885 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I could see the rule being lifted for a social group, but we don't want people flooding the WCIF forum or constantly PMing creators to make such-and-such for them.

Than apply that rule there instead of whole forum? And creators is constantly being creator is what the rule actually recommends/suggest on doing, as you can't make a post for all creators to stumble upon? @yavannatw I mean pming it's ineffective, as you can send one message at a time. You could kinda be missing a lot by dm a particular mod, as you can't know for certaintly (like I don't) what skill in programming they do have or do they care at all with any interesting on taking and trying out doing such hack concept.

Okay, I see it working, is open a dedicated spot child-forum for the request, like The Challenges where the thread has to be revised/preview when going through submission stages, and If the request is polite enough (not demanding) and clearly formatted, than it shall be accepted and whoever creator (is that what you call modders) stumbles on it, could start working on it (or multiple of them, making more effective and maybe those creators could compete with one another to show skill). There is always a way of handling and acting on this idea than simply having a close-mindly rejecting it.

Sorry for my bad english btw.
Mad Poster
#7886 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:29 PM
It's worth the try. I can totally see it working too.

Alchemist
#7887 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 1:31 PM
The rule states that you can pm a certain group of members - the ones who've already agreed to take requests, and you're only supposed to contact one creator at a time. So no we're not supposed to be constantly pming creators. The reason creators who join that thread are required to have uploads is so that requesters can find out what sort of skills they have in advance.

MTS has been around for a long time. Maybe the owners have their reasons for not allowing requests, and it has nothing to do with being close-minded. There are other boards that do allow requests. And the thing is, most of those requests go unfulfilled. Requesters are lucky to find one person who wants to help, so the idea of creators competing sounds interesting, but it's probably not going to happen. Most people have limited time and a backlog of their own projects.
Mad Poster
#7888 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
How about a hack that will make the cars stop at Stop Signs and Stop Lights in the neighborhood and have them drive through your lot while in the lot. Not just for deliveries. Just random.

Lucky you! http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608066

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7889 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64

For the second part of that, there are already several versions of a hack around that do exactly that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7890 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Requesters are lucky to find one person who wants to help, so the idea of creators competing sounds interesting, but it's probably not going to happen.

It would be a waste of everyone's time. MTS does not allow duplicates of existing uploads, unless a long time has past since the last one, so whichever creator finishes first is the only one that gets to share their version, which means it wouldn't be a matter of skill, but a matter of speed. And speed does not tend to go hand in hand with skill or quality content.

Mad Poster
#7891 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 1:43 AM
Also, it would be kind of unpleasant for the other creators who put their time and effort into it only to be told that sorry, it wasn't as good as someone elses.
Mad Poster
#7892 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:07 PM
Though I came across duplicate content not once. I mean I seen three invisible recolors for the driveway thing by different members uploaded. And by no means I wish to imply that they must rush it, but whatever. Really have no insight on a matter has haven't really explored everything in this very own fanbase forum. Though I do feel like there loads of others to try out submitting content even when they're late to upload in this hack site.
Forum Resident
#7893 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 4th Apr 2018 at 7:45 PM.
I don't know if it's technically possible, but I had an idea for something. Basically the uniform for the staff at a restaurant could be dictated by the lot class. So if it's low you'll get servers and hosts wearing that diner-style server outfit, and if it's high they'll wear the usual fancy clothing.
Alchemist
#7894 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
It would be a waste of everyone's time. MTS does not allow duplicates of existing uploads, unless a long time has past since the last one, so whichever creator finishes first is the only one that gets to share their version, which means it wouldn't be a matter of skill, but a matter of speed. And speed does not tend to go hand in hand with skill or quality content.
I was thinking it would work like other boards, where everyone would post their offerings on their tumblr, with links in the thread but now that you mention it, I could see people rushing to be the one to upload here.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Also, it would be kind of unpleasant for the other creators who put their time and effort into it only to be told that sorry, it wasn't as good as someone elses.
That's all part of joining a competition though. People seem to have a lot of fun with the calendar contests, sim decorating contests etc.

Back on topic, I posted a WCIF for a mod that lets Sims to build skills while at work, but it doesn't look like that exists.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7895 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:17 PM
MTS had a requests forum ages ago. There will never be another again. It was filled with over the top requests that very, very few creators could make, and the things that were made were never appreciated by the requester.

The first rule of the social groups is to follow all site rules. So making a social group for requests is indeed against the site rules.
Mad Poster
#7896 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:31 PM
What competition and why competition though? I've seen this a lot oh these forums, I don't like that...never did in fact. If everyone shows respect and get off their pride, you don't need to *compete* This is ridiculous, sorry. I doubt competition was the idea SkeakyWings had when thought about the request thread.
On April first, I saw we were divided in 2 teams. My first thought was : Cute! I wonder what are we supposed to achieve together...
Some other members : Let's beat the hell out of the others!

Chill out people, we are here to have fun. Creators love to create, some of them likes to gifts others, like me, like Michelle, like Gummi etc..and I am not naming every other one.
Thank you @HugeLunatic for the explanation. This is something I wondered about for a while. Now I know why MTS won't allow them requests.

Mad Poster
#7897 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:32 PM
But a social group for brainstorming and suggestions would be ok, wouldn't it? And the posters would have to have some basic understanding of how Sims 2 works, and that for Pete's SAKE the mod-makers are NOT MAGICAL XD
Mad Poster
#7898 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:43 PM
Well, I agree with you because I thought so. Seeing that I cannot access the Social group anymore, tells me it has been removed, so..apparently No! It is not OK.

Alchemist
#7899 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
What competition and why competition though? I've seen this a lot oh these forums, I don't like that...never did in fact. If everyone shows respect and get off their pride, you don't need to *compete* This is ridiculous, sorry. I doubt competition was the idea SkeakyWings had when thought about the request thread.
On April first, I saw we were divided in 2 teams. My first thought was : Cute! I wonder what are we supposed to achieve together...
Some other members : Let's beat the hell out of the others!

Chill out people, we are here to have fun. Creators love to create, some of them likes to gifts others, like me, like Michelle, like Gummi etc..and I am not naming every other one.
Thank you @HugeLunatic for the explanation. This is something I wondered about for a while. Now I know why MTS won't allow them requests.

Except that he was thinking about competition and that's why everyone was talking about it. See below.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Okay, I see it working, is open a dedicated spot child-forum for the request, like The Challenges where the thread has to be revised/preview when going through submission stages, and If the request is polite enough (not demanding) and clearly formatted, than it shall be accepted and whoever creator (is that what you call modders) stumbles on it, could start working on it (or multiple of them, making more effective and maybe those creators could compete with one another to show skill). There is always a way of handling and acting on this idea than simply having a close-mindly rejecting it.

Sorry for my bad english btw.

Some people want to compete, or engage in a bit of joking about teams. They find it fun. As long as it's respectful and people who aren't interested aren't forced to participate, what's the problem?
Mad Poster
#7900 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 7:04 PM
Sorry about this, Sneaky did mentioned it.
Some people want to compete, sure. Some. What's wrong about it? Go read Gummi's and Charity's last posts. I personally would have no trouble offering to make anything for anyone, if I judge I can do it, but if competition comes in, I would leave it to those who loves it.

Page 316 of 580