Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#4476 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Plumbbobtoggle has a set of Maxis-Match Collection Icons. (I just found it yesterday!) Maybe more descriptive icons will help you find what you're looking for?

This link seems broken for me. Do you have them or know another place I can get them? I was just thinking I needed to make some more. These would be great.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4477 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:48 PM
The link worked for me just now.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#4478 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
The link worked for me just now.

Thanks for the heads up. It must have been that browser vs. box issue. In Firefox, it says the file has been removed. I switched to Chrome and got it.
Mad Poster
#4479 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:01 PM
I hate that toddlers can only ask their parents about stuff. The nanny should be able to..read them a book, play with for different toys, bring them on the riding llamas...
My toddler could ask the neighbor! But not his own Nanny. What a shame.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4480 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM
Nopke's Growing Up Wants Panel. Instead of making the extra wants and fear slots university bonus, sims gain them when them grow up (which is how it should have been, imo).

This looks like something I have to have; assuming it does not use the baby-to-toddler grow-up, the first one it counts is toddler-to-child. Which makes for 4 grow-ups it will work on, and the earliest one that can result in 2 want slots is the teen-to-adult. But since it STOPS the college addition of want & fear slots (I think in Junior year), does this mean that if they go to college the automatic change from teen to young adult doesn't trigger this to do anything (or DOES it?). And then when they get out of college they transition to adult does that trigger the addition of want and fear slots, and 2 locks (like the college perk does)? But doesn't getting a 2nd want slot, a 2nd fear slot, and a 2nd lock, all at once, conflict with the description of the mod?

Alchemist
#4481 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 8:31 PM
Well, grammapat, Nopke said in the comments that "A Sim has to grow up at least three times to get two want slots. ...this mod never adds two slots or locks at a time, and never adds a want slot two times in a row." But @Nopke is still active, so if you have any questions, you should ask.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
#4482 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM
Also, be sure you're using Doc Doofus' Slower Aspiration Benefits, too, because that cuts down the points that certain milestones and wants give to the bar, which also helps it fill slower. I'll also mention a newer mod, which I'm loving so far: Nopke's Growing Up Wants Panel. Instead of making the extra wants and fear slots university bonus, sims gain them when them grow up (which is how it should have been, imo).

Thank you for these suggestions Phantomknight. Do you know if Doc Doofus' Slower Aspiration Benefits works with AL? I definitely want to try it.

I have also been considering Nopke's Growing Up Wants Panel. I get what you're saying in terms of how it could help the issue I am having. plus might really enhance my wants-based play style I've been embracing of late. For some reason, it seems like a big change so I'm still debating it.
Alchemist
#4483 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 9:25 PM
It is a big change and it's totally understandable that you'd want to take some time and think about it before downloading a mod. I do that sometimes and I definitely considered whether it'd be fair for some of the older sims in my hood before I installed it. Ultimately, I decided that because I was playing with premades and my adults and elders weren't going to get extra want slots and locks without some cheating anyway, and because I was looking to restructure my education and job system and find a way to make university and its perks non-mandatory and instead a privilege for overachievers, etc., I would try the mod. You'll have to decide what's right for your hood.

Doc Doofus' Slower Aspiration Benefits does work with AL though; I have all EPs and I don't have any problems, though I'll confess that I don't spend a lot of time watching the lifetime meter, lol.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4484 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 9:40 PM
Gerrrr.. beds to download that don't tell me how comfy they are (since isn't that the whole point?!). Collections with a huge number of recolors (for me, that's anything over 5) that don't have a picture in Clean Installer - so I can't tell what to delete. Just as irritating, when the downloads page shows all the colors - with names - and I open it with Clean Installer only to find the names don't match. So that means more clutter of things I will never use.

Mad Poster
#4485 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 10:27 AM
Plumbbobtoggle has a set of Maxis-Match Collection Icons. (I just found it yesterday!) Maybe more descriptive icons will help you find what you're looking for?

Those are nice and I grabbed them (can never have too many folder icons ), but a big part of the problem for me is that the game only shows six collections at a time. The "pages" are so small that it's hard for me to tell where I am.

It would be nice if there was a mod for the collections screen like the one that Chris Hatch made for CAS so that more rows and columns would show at the same time. Maybe make it look like the "organize collections" dialog - 8 rows x 3 columns. That would help a lot. Of course, this assumes that it's even possible to mod that part of the UI.
Alchemist
#4486 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Those are nice and I grabbed them (can never have too many folder icons ), but a big part of the problem for me is that the game only shows six collections at a time. The "pages" are so small that it's hard for me to tell where I am.

It would be nice if there was a mod for the collections screen like the one that Chris Hatch made for CAS so that more rows and columns would show at the same time. Maybe make it look like the "organize collections" dialog - 8 rows x 3 columns. That would help a lot. Of course, this assumes that it's even possible to mod that part of the UI.

Agree. I use them a lot so I tend to reorganize them for whatever I'm doing at the time to put the useful ones first, but yeah. And, yes, thanks for linking the icons. I was down to making A, B, C, D because I didn't want to take time to make better ones. :P
Mad Poster
#4487 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 5:57 PM
Here are some other sets that I already had. You might like them too.

http://modthesims.info/d/108695/new...by-request.html

http://modthesims.info/d/123761

http://decatsims2.blogspot.com/2016...collection.html

Here are some more that I found from an internet search:
Career collection icons - http://rockethorse.tumblr.com/post/...eally-dont-know

Puppetfish made three different sets
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...8&gs=0&u=413098

The Medieval Smithy has some that are text only. These don't look specifically medieval and would look nice in any game.
http://themedievalsmithysims2.blogs...tion-icons.html
Scholar
#4488 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:14 PM
Sims who spend all day wanting to see a ghost, then lose the want as soon as it gets dark! Admittedly I don't generally lock it, since it doesn't contribute towards any major goals, but it just annoys me that it only appears when it can't be filled.

I guess I should just interpret this as Sims thinking it would be great while there's no chance of it happening, then chickening out when confronted with the real possibility.
Mad Poster
#4489 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 9:23 PM
That's Maxis humor for you...
I personally hate cc hair that change style when you change color. But then, I cannot really complain. Do I make cc hair? no?..then I'll just shut up.

Mad Poster
#4490 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Sims who spend all day wanting to see a ghost, then lose the want as soon as it gets dark! Admittedly I don't generally lock it, since it doesn't contribute towards any major goals, but it just annoys me that it only appears when it can't be filled.

I guess I should just interpret this as Sims thinking it would be great while there's no chance of it happening, then chickening out when confronted with the real possibility.

I get the same thing with teens who suddenly decide they want a cell phone. When they finally arrive at the store, they apparently decide they didn't really need it after all.
Inventor
#4491 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 8:08 PM
Ah man, that gives me flashbacks, RoxEllen. I had that situation before I knew anything of getting rid of or refreshing wants with cheats or mods. I remember this pair of teen sims I had once. They rolled a want for cellphones. No problem, send them off to the store. They get there and suddenly they decide they want to eat mac and cheese, and cereal, and other such things that they cannot do at the shops. Fiiiiine, send them back home. As soon as they get out of the car "We want cellphones!" What... but... sure, ok, back to the store. "Nope, mac and cheese!" Yaaaaaaaaaaaargh. They went a very long time without getting any cellphones, as I refused to unlock their college wants to lock that one or continue the back and forth dance!
Top Secret Researcher
#4492 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:18 AM
There's no way of having the grid on while doing terrain paint. Most of the time I do want it off, but if I'm trying to make a path that's a straight line, I need it! Dirt floor tiles and more expensive and don't have those nice soft edges, and they won't go on sloped terrain either. Normally I'd plop in some low fences to use as a guide, but this family's quite poor so it'd take ages to save up for something I'd only use for a minute or two.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4493 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:40 AM
@StrangeTownChick You place down some cheap floor tile on either side and wherever you don't want the terrain paint then you spray.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4494 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@StrangeTownChick You place down some cheap floor tile on either side and wherever you don't want the terrain paint then you spray.

If the terrain is flat, but if it is not, putting floor tiles down will flatten it. Removing the floor tiles won't put back the terrain as it was. 5$ floor, or 5$ fence...

#4495 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 3:49 AM
Maybe this is more than just a minor pet peeve, but I updated my game, and it added townies I didn't want to my neighborhood!! I'm not sure if I should keep playing or start a new game altogether.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4496 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 4:04 AM
Most times if the path is straight its on flat ground since hills etc don't normally have straight paths. In that case, you need a light hand and to be ready to use the CTRL key a lot to undo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4497 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
My pet peeve right now: when I have a household I'm playing in a "minimal intervention" sort of way rather than micromanaging, letting the sims wander around and interact with each other and write in their diaries if they feel like it, and they keep bloomin' going to bed. If they're well cared for and all their needs are in the green most of the day, as soon as evening rolls around, when Energy is their lowest motive even though it's not nearly bedtime yet, they can't be left unattended for a second or they'll go to sleep, then be up again before midnight.

Okay, clean up after dinner, then tell a joke to Andrea Hogan. No, don't go to bed! Talk to Andrea while I check on what your son's up to. Oh, you've finished chatting? Don't go to sleep in Grandpa's bed, go and admire Andrea because I need you two to be friends. Okay, great, that did it! Don't go to sleep in your son's bed, you could do literally anything useful instead. Maybe pull up that single patch of weeds? Then do what you like. Only don't go to bed, it's still only 8pm...
Mad Poster
#4498 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pebblerocker
My pet peeve right now: when I have a household I'm playing in a "minimal intervention" sort of way rather than micromanaging, letting the sims wander around and interact with each other and write in their diaries if they feel like it, and they keep bloomin' going to bed. If they're well cared for and all their needs are in the green most of the day, as soon as evening rolls around, when Energy is their lowest motive even though it's not nearly bedtime yet, they can't be left unattended for a second or they'll go to sleep, then be up again before midnight.

Okay, clean up after dinner, then tell a joke to Andrea Hogan. No, don't go to bed! Talk to Andrea while I check on what your son's up to. Oh, you've finished chatting? Don't go to sleep in Grandpa's bed, go and admire Andrea because I need you two to be friends. Okay, great, that did it! Don't go to sleep in your son's bed, you could do literally anything useful instead. Maybe pull up that single patch of weeds? Then do what you like. Only don't go to bed, it's still only 8pm...

I hate how sim children's energy need goes down so fast that they come home from school and go to bed.
Alchemist
#4499 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I personally hate cc hair that change style when you change color.

This is fixable; I learned about it when I started to clean up my download folder this year. It's either cuz the hair isn't familied, or because there's too many hairs in the family--I believe there can be only one of each color in a family. So if you're used to downloading Pooklet'd hairs, for instance, you might notice that the color actions are grouped by family. The four (or five, if there's a custom in the family) swatches in one family should be linked so that when you change a sim's hair color, they have the same hair in the different color selected by default. But a swatch from family 3 won't/shouldn't automatically be linked to one from family 1 because you can only have one color in each family--one blonde, one red, one black, one brown.

So if you have multiple blondes or reds, etc., of the same hair, you have to pick which shades to family together, but you can totally link your hairs up otherwise. I get unlinked hairs often after I delete all the shades/swatches I don't like, because the remaining colors are often from different families. But it's pretty straightforward to fix in Wardrobe Wrangler. Just copy the family number from one hair to all the other hairs you want to be linked (remember, one color per family). As a side note, I believe hairs with similar family numbers will show up together in the catalog. Anyway, the process should be the same in simPE, but if anyone needs exact locations, let me know and I'll dig up a tutorial.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4500 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 12:31 AM
Thank you very much. This is very useful especially the second part of your reply
The thing is, with all the cc hair I do have, you'll understand how I do not feel like fixing anything ! That would take me ages...
And most of what I have of Pooklet is all fine. It is all the others...lol

Page 180 of 275