Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#4451 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 11:18 AM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 6th Mar 2019 at 11:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Use MogHughson's "Apartment Lots - Any Incoming Calls?" to fix the novel-writing phone calls.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420659

To get rid of the annoying 4pm low friendship calls, use Pescado's phone hack (for AL, use the OFBp2+ version).
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1479.0.html

To get rid of other annoying phone calls, try some of these mods by Cyjon:
http://www.cyjon.net/node/110

It won't eat walkbys. You have to greet passing sims and give them access to your lot before they become eligible to be eaten. The cowplant also won't eat anybody with very low hygiene. I haven't played a lot with a cowplant in a very long time, though. The last time I did, it was on a Secret Society lot and only dormies were available for it to eat. I'll have to try playing a base hood lot and inviting some playables over to see whether the cowplant is that picky in my game.

According to this old thread, some simmers had a cowplant eat visiting playables eaten or at least try to, so apparently visiting playables should be as much at risk as any other type of sim once they've been greeted.
http://modthesims.info/t/479362

I have all of those but not the annoying 4pm call fix as I do need them sometimes. Guess I need to change the loading order for the mods if Mog's mod is supposed to fix the apartment novel thing. Those Cyjon mods you linked are absolutely favourite of mine, and many other of his/her!

Nope, it won't touch playables at all. Greeted, ungreeted, with perfect hygiene or not. Not even when I use 'make selectable' and direct the playable to grab the cake. I have tried, with and without mods. Only the playables that belong to the active family that I direct to grab the cake, will be eaten.

@Charity Oh, okay.

Cornu-what? I probably do not. After a google search, is it the fruit horn thing in the decorations? Well, TIL.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#4452 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 2:03 AM
The motive ratings on furniture. Like I want my house to be styled East Asian (for an East Asian couple), but all the furniture with the theme is low motive. All my houses look the same because my darn fortune sims will not stop whining!
Forum Resident
#4453 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
@Charity are those defaults? i'd love to get that USP guy

@MeowMixPls The SPS (Sims Parcel Service) and the Policeman that Charity shared are VanityDeMise creations from BackAlleySims. I grabbed all of Vanity's uploads right before BAS folded so I have the SPS clothing file, but I think her link for the required mesh was likely dead at that time as I didn't get it. The SPS package is called VDeM-SPS-Bl-GPboots.package and in it the footwear piece is called "martins" so I would venture to guess that it might use a Bloom or Gothplague DocMartins adult male mesh.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#4454 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:53 AM
Cornu-what? I probably do not. After a google search, is it the fruit horn thing in the decorations? Well, TIL.

Yes, the fruit horn.

Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
@MeowMixPls The SPS (Sims Parcel Service) and the Policeman that Charity shared are VanityDeMise creations from BackAlleySims. I grabbed all of Vanity's uploads right before BAS folded so I have the SPS clothing file, but I think her link for the required mesh was likely dead at that time as I didn't get it. The SPS package is called VDeM-SPS-Bl-GPboots.package and in it the footwear piece is called "martins" so I would venture to guess that it might use a Bloom or Gothplague DocMartins adult male mesh.

Sorry, I forgot that I hadn't actually shared these publicly, just via PM for someone who asked. Here you go. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/975013/
Field Researcher
#4455 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:44 AM
I really don't like the Lifetime Aspiration Meter.

I find that my sims go platinum way too easily - even with CJ's mod to make it more difficult. I know that I can use the batbox to break perma-platinum, but I still wish that there was a way to knock my sims who too early in life maxed out their aspiration meter back to 0.

Also, the benefits drive me crazy. I never use the ones that change their moods as I find this also makes the game boring and challenging in a different way - now none of them ever want to go to sleep or need to just sit and watch tv forever to get them out of the red. But I do like the aspiration specific benefits (mostly). I wish there was a way to skip some of the benefits and still unlock others further up the line.

Slightly unrelated, I am thinking I am going to get CJ's mod the prevents getting the friendship bonus from having a good reputation as I think this also makes my game way too easy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4456 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM
Crashes that bork my lot grrr. I can't think of anything but to move them all out to the family bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4457 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I find that my sims go platinum way too easily - even with CJ's mod to make it more difficult. I know that I can use the batbox to break perma-platinum, but I still wish that there was a way to knock my sims who too early in life maxed out their aspiration meter back to 0.

You might give this mod a try: http://modthesims.info/d/610897/no-lta-permaplat/ . It stops sims from going permaplat when they fill their LTA meter. You'll still need to unset anyone who has already achieved it, but it will prevent any others from doing it in the future.
Alchemist
#4458 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 6:11 PM
I really don't like the Lifetime Aspiration Meter.

If you stop playing their wants, doesn't that stop it? I don't play wants and my sims are regularly on the verge of a breakdown, no problem.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4459 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:19 PM

OH AND ANOTHER BIG ONE!

Somebody had a one-sided crush on my sim. My sim was flirting with their future wife. Then this barely a friend sim comes to slap which results in my sim getting a memory of getting caught cheating!

Just use the memory manipulator to remove the memory.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4460 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:31 PM
Grrrr, being able to tell my employees to harvest plants. They water and tend, but no harvest. I have the hack to make sure the inventory goes into owners stock too.
Field Researcher
#4461 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
If you stop playing their wants, doesn't that stop it? I don't play wants and my sims are regularly on the verge of a breakdown, no problem.

I've really been enjoying playing want-based style lately. Also, when their wants are so obvious, I've never really been like, naw, you want to go swimming and there is a swimming pool right there, but you gotta stay outta it until the want goes away.

It's more typical for me to intentionally cheat to send my sims in the red when something bad happens so that they experience some unhappiness.

Maybe I will go back to no LTW perma-platinum.

I just find the game too easy to make my sims happy!!!
Alchemist
#4462 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:15 AM
I've really been enjoying playing want-based style lately. Also, when their wants are so obvious, I've never really been like, naw, you want to go swimming and there is a swimming pool right there, but you gotta stay outta it until the want goes away.

It's more typical for me to intentionally cheat to send my sims in the red when something bad happens so that they experience some unhappiness.

Maybe I will go back to no LTW perma-platinum.

I just find the game too easy to make my sims happy!!!

You could play fear based instead. I gave my sims bad memories once on purpose. I just felt that a red memory of your child dying should last longer than your memory of roaches, you know? :P
#4463 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:12 AM
You can't keep a child home sick without a mod. You can call an adult out of work, but you can't call a child out of school...? Ok.

I am also peeved by people kicking trash cans, and idiots who stomp on bugs and get themselves and others sick. Thanks Kevin.
Mad Poster
#4464 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Symphony of Destruction
You can't keep a child home sick without a mod. You can call an adult out of work, but you can't call a child out of school...? Ok.

I am also peeved by people kicking trash cans, and idiots who stomp on bugs and get themselves and others sick. Thanks Kevin.

You're right. We would need to be able to call the school to let them know, our kids are sick and will be missing classes today.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#4465 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:05 PM
Small appliances which will only go on countertops. Makes decorating SO hard. I don't care if it works, I just want this to look pretty!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Field Researcher
#4466 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM
@joandsarah77 that specific save got destroyed. but would his reputation suffer from being caught? even if false. how about the gossip system? I do like having gossip, I don't flush the gossip memories, to me it is part of the storytelling.

@Sunrader Fear-based sound fun! HHm, is the a mod that could unlock both 6 wants slots and the 4 fear?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4467 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 11:04 PM
Could do, but not if you tossed the save and he didn't get caught.

The reason for flushing gossip is because it can become corrupted. Flushing it doesn't stop them from gossiping and it soon builds back up.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4468 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Small appliances which will only go on countertops. Makes decorating SO hard. I don't care if it works, I just want this to look pretty!

Even with the moveobjects on cheat?

You could always get a counter OMSP.
Mad Poster
#4469 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:47 AM
When pet runaways are brought back by strays or even pack leaders, and it gets glitched so you have to make the runaway a stray, then bring the pet back and clear stuck runaway with the batbox. Real hassle.
Forum Resident
#4470 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:58 AM
The fact that "boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true" allows you to turn all objects at an angle but not all objects can be used at an angle and today I found it annoying - sure there is mods to fix some of it but most times its like... just annoying how limited this game can be. I love the game, but man I can feel sometimes I'm used to sims 4-

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#4471 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Even with the moveobjects on cheat?

You could always get a counter OMSP.

The problem with counter OMSPs is that they're nearly impossible to grab. Then once you get them on top of another one, they make that one completely impossible to grab. So it takes at least ten minutes to get the thing where you want it, if you don't just get frustrated and give up. Not exactly productive when trying to put a teamaker on every table in a restaurant.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#4472 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
The problem with counter OMSPs is that they're nearly impossible to grab. Then once you get them on top of another one, they make that one completely impossible to grab. So it takes at least ten minutes to get the thing where you want it, if you don't just get frustrated and give up. Not exactly productive when trying to put a teamaker on every table in a restaurant.

For something like that it might be worth changing the object placement in the "Init" BHAVs. You may want to make sure it's ok to use food on the table at the same time, too, if it's to be functional.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...1062#post691062
Lab Assistant
#4473 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
@Sunrader Fear-based sound fun! HHm, is the a mod that could unlock both 6 wants slots and the 4 fear?

You can add these slots with the SimBlender. If you want to have 4 fear slots, there is a maximum of 6 for want slots. With 3 fear slots, up to 7 want slots are possible.
Mad Poster
#4474 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 10:06 PM
Invisible recolors of objects that still cast a shadow.

Side note, how hard is it to delete the shadow? Is this a creator oops or an EA oops?

Is it something I could do with For Dummies style instructions, and if so, does anyone know of any?

Also, why does a rug that sits on the floor cast a shadow in the first place? (AL apartment door. You can't see the shadow without the invisible recolor, so . . . why?)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#4475 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Putting stuff in folders doesn't always help. I currently have 298 folders and now I have trouble finding which folder I want!

Plumbbobtoggle has a set of Maxis-Match Collection Icons. (I just found it yesterday!) Maybe more descriptive icons will help you find what you're looking for?

I really don't like the Lifetime Aspiration Meter. I find that my sims go platinum way too easily - even with CJ's mod to make it more difficult. I know that I can use the batbox to break perma-platinum, but I still wish that there was a way to knock my sims who too early in life maxed out their aspiration meter back to 0.

Coriel_Muroz, I'm not sure which CJ mod you're using--I assume Slower LTA Gain, but I guess it could be Fragile Permaplat? If not, maybe try Fragile Permaplat, too. Also, be sure you're using Doc Doofus' Slower Aspiration Benefits, too, because that cuts down the points that certain milestones and wants give to the bar, which also helps it fill slower. I'll also mention a newer mod, which I'm loving so far: Nopke's Growing Up Wants Panel. Instead of making the extra wants and fear slots university bonus, sims gain them when them grow up (which is how it should have been, imo).

Now I know at first it seems like this mod is unrelated, but think about it for a second. With this, depending on the timing of certain life events, sims actually have a better chance of receiving that fourth fear slot. Idk about you, but I rarely have college drop outs in my game, and I've yet to have a sim actually get expelled (there's been a few close calls, but so far my sims always seem to want to pull their grades up at the last second). Anyway, this means I've never had a sim get four fear slots. Now, sure, I could just assign the slot to my sims, but I'd like to have it occur naturally. With Nopke's mod, not only is there a bit more risk involved at each birthday, but then we as players can have some control over things, too. In other words, for me, it means that I actually will have a reason to play to a sim's fears and/or to watch the timing of certain life events, since with the mod, sims don't automatically get rewarded just for going to college. I mostly play to sims' wants but sometimes there's no big want to fulfill just before a sim grows up and they're in the green or neutral. Now there can be consequences for that (other than a shorter lifespan) and I'll have to work (a little bit) to make sure the sims I want to overachieve get their extra wants and slots. Maybe this is something to consider for you?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 179 of 274