Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:39 AM Last edited by DizZyDiceS : 27th Jun 2017 at 10:25 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
[FIXED] Launcher's Welcome tab is blank and I can't log in
FIXED: Hello guys. I'm not sure if there's any thread like this made before, but I'll try my luck.

I recently installed the Sims 3 in my computer (to be more specific: The Sims 3, World Adventures and the 1.67 update) and I wanted to download a bunch of Custom Content.
I downloaded the folder Mods from this site as usual, placed it in My Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 3 and I proceeded to download the Pose Player: http://modthesims.info/d/438706
I also downloaded a few poses, animations and other CC like hair etc.
Now, when I went into the game to use any of the things downloaded, they just don't show up. I tried using the CC filter to find the pose player or the other items, nothing.
I have no issues with the CC that I downloaded as .Sims3pack and installed via launcher. I can see those, just not the .package ones that I put in Mods (I extracted the files from the archives before putting them in the Packages folder inside Mods, don't worry).

Any suggestions or ideas why this might be happening?
I've never had this issue before. At all.

FIXED#2 issue: Another issue I noticed is when I open the game launcher, nothing comes up on it any more, it's blank on the Welcome tab. Up until 10-15 mins (before I made the thread at first) ago it was fine, it came up with stuff on it. I could log in and all, now I can't log into the launcher or in-game any more saying that the password is incorrect when I do it straight in the game. But I can log-in on the site though... I have no issues with the password there.
Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:45 AM
You need a resource.cfg file inside the mods folder.. perhaps it's in there, but I suggest you can try reading the page linked below and see if that helps:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 2:47 AM Last edited by DizZyDiceS : 27th Jun 2017 at 4:32 AM.
I do have the resource.cfg file inside it
Mind you though, now that I think of it, I THINK I replaced it by accident with another one that came with one of the CC.
I don't even know how I managed to screw that up, to be honest and how I replaced it. (I know it sounds stupid enough, it's 3am )

So basically, if I'd just redownload the Mods folder and move the things back in it, it should work?

Edit: Alright, that worked. CC came up.

EDIT #2: Another issue I noticed to have is when I open the launcher, nothing comes up on it any more, it's blank on the Welcome tab. Up until 10-15 mins ago it was fine, it came up with stuff on it. I could log in and all, now I can't even log into the launcher or in-game any more. I can on the site though..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 10:18 AM Last edited by igazor : 27th Jun 2017 at 10:58 AM.
If the Launcher issue is still plaguing you, try clearing InternetExplorer's cache, cookies, and de-select retaining cookies for Favorites. It must be IE, not Edge or other browsers. Even if you never use IE yourself or have never set up Favorites, the game uses those resources and they easily get clogged up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If the Launcher issue is still plaguing you, try clearing InternetExlorer's cache, cookies, and de-select retaining cookies for Favorites. It must be IE, not Edge or other browsers. Even if you never use IE yourself or have never set up Favorites, the game uses those resources and they easily get clogged up.

OH MY, that worked
Thanks so much! I had no idea about all that until now. Thank you!