Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
"aura of jesus" ROFL !!! i stole a guitar from the Hart household.. i know i know no tips.. still cool tho

All and all, no good.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:22 PM
1. Can we go through people's garbage. If we do can we sell any seeds that end up in their inventory that way? Or does it have to sit there for their entire lives?

2. Can we hire a babysitter? I was thinking of doing this challenge but trying to do it while raising a kid with a single parent, but I need a babysitter when my Sim is off lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:56 PM
Yes, You can sell the seeds, and you can hire a babysitter

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:14 PM Last edited by bille_182002 : 9th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM.
I was wondering how I put the house needed in the new town. and how do I get my sim to steal things, my sims doesnt have an option to steal anything.
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM
Just started it. My sim just made her 1st friend and procceded that night to steal her rug, sofa and stereo i think i was pretty lucky there
Only thing i worry about is the bills.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#56 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
Billie: You can only steal between 7pm at night and 6am in the morning. Click on the floor near an object (not ON an object) and click "Swipe Something..."

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:00 AM
I was just wondering where we stand on the happiness points? are we good to get the discount diner, etc? And are we ok to mount and display the fish we catch?
Am havin a blast wi this, great challenger Mr :D

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrAlex
I love trying to get a flat screen tv and ending up with yet ANOTHER wall lamp. Hurrah, my home is like the aura of jesus.

Bwahaha! I feel your pain, my sim (named Imma Steelytt, great minds think alike) is constantly nicking ceiling lights and outdoor spotlights. And sinks, for some reason. At one point I was trying to get her to steal an incredibly expensive sports car and she kept walking around it to complain that she couldn't pick up the porch steps. Then she whined that she wanted to achieve the "Master Thief" aspiration.

I said "You've got a LONG way to go, honey."
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:33 AM
I, too, have an army of lights... and flamigos.
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:49 AM

Oh good, you're actually getting something of VALUE this time!
"What, that clunky old laptop? HA! I'm taking these fabulous curtains!"

*sigh* We left the Alto house with matching curtains and a lamp, retailing at $735...

At least he doesn't have trouble taking cars. I have 8 so far!
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
Default Hm .... specification question
Do I read it correctly that spending money on classes, meals at the restaurant or visiting theater or sport events (if one has to PAY) is a no, no?

When you say to be able to buy things that one cannot steal ... does this include wallpaper and floor tiles or are those excluded?
Instructor
#62 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:00 PM
not sure about the class's

and i think you can buy wallpaper and floor tiles since you can't steal them

All and all, no good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#63 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:57 PM
lilmissmanderson: You can buy any of the happiness trait things And yeah, you can mount any of the fish you catch, or the jewels you get cut

htf: No, you cannot spend money on classes or restaurants, you must mooch for your food! Or steal it from somebodies vegetable patch! But you can buy wallpaper and floor, as you can't steal these

Alex
xoxo
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:38 PM Last edited by shadohart : 10th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM.
Young Adult to Elder?
Maybe this was in there, but I missed it: when does the game end? When they become an elder?

Here's my opening and back story:

Yes Yes Yes!!! Becca Davenport is finally free of her overbearing parents; free of school and whole borked Bluewater Village experience! The moment she blew out the candles and left her teen years behind, she slapped her mother, whipped her father's ass and moved out. Her final parting shot was to kick the gnome and knock over the trash can on the way to the taxi. Her disheveled parents sobbed and waved as they watched her cackling in the back seat.

They had only themselves to blame for her mooching, kleptomaniac, evil genius personality. What self respecting parents leave a toddler locked in an unfurnished attic - throwing her a bottle when she cried or changing her only when she soiled herself? She had to teach herself to walk and talk when she was a child. She fended for herself as she grew up; stealing what was needed to survive. No parties or birthday cakes celebrated her progress from infant to teen. She had to mooch enough money to buy the cake that marked this pivotal point in her life. They were not good parents by anyone’s standards.

Becca didn't even look back as the taxi pulled away. This life was dead to her. They were dead to her. She cut herself off as if her childhood had never existed; wiped clean. It was a new life for her and nobody would ever even know she had parents. Her stewing thoughts were interrupted by the arrival at her new home.

Walking into her new digs, she looked around and rubbed her hands together. Becca chose Sunny View as her target because it was a beach town and that means money. Lots of it to be mooched and swiped. She briefly considers joining the local crime syndicate but discards that idea. She's a loner and that's exactly the way she'll become the best thief in the world. Her plan is simple: steal from every family and business in town. By the time she's old enough to retire, she should have a great life set up for herself here.

An evil smile crosses her face as she looks at the empty spaces in her monochromatic home. This place needs stuff! She decides to begin gathering her new belongings tonight - why wait? Now however, it's time to freshen up and get a snack. Becca heads across the street to meet the neighbor. Why dirty up her own bathroom or eat the food in her fridge when the schmucks around her have everything she needs?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:11 PM
Shadohart - I absolutely love that story! It is my own challenge come to life and even better!

In regards to your question, the game ends when you sim passes away

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 9:33 PM
Having guessed that the game ends (coughs) "naturally" I am very curious to see if all my jogging doe spay off in terms of an elongated lifespan.

As for loot ... well, one just has to be patient .... your Sim is going to steal anything that is arount the object you desire .... get all the stuff around it and ultimately it will be yours. Shame the gym cannot be used anymore but I so wanted that TV .....

On a sidenote ... any takers for chairs ... or mounted Deathfish?

About the only thing that is predictabel is a car theft, er, borrow. So far I have gotten all cars I aimed for and sometimes my Sim even uses one ... tomorrow I will invite a friend over with her car parked outside ... I am curious if the friend reacts in some way or even drives home in her own car.

(On another sidenote I truly hope Gunter Goth hasn`t aged this fast because his home is more or less empty now ....)
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
I tried to steal a car and stole a light that was nearby. ='[
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM
So far this challenge is uber fun! My girl, Samantha Shady, loves to mooch and cackle evilly. (I LOVE the evil cackle...not to mention the evil slumber and evil bath...)

She also has a thing for stealing chairs and lights. Apparently, you can never have enough. But watch your gardens, kids, she's getting pretty adept at harvesting all your hard-earned onions.

Her new pleasure is taking candy from babies....
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Amsterdave : 11th Jun 2009 at 3:47 AM.
In the 'Evil' trait description, one of the features says:
"Your Sim doesn't mind a lack of light. A dark lair is welcome!"
PFFFT!!

Has anyone married yet??
I'm assuming you subtract the $$ that he/she moves in with? What about stuff in the inventory?

I can't decide whether a spouse would be more of a burden or a help. My house is in shambles cause he never has time to clean lol. I want Kenny Kniver to have a child though so he can pass down his evils ways > muahaha!
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:46 AM
Me again Can we use the omnibush to duplicate books n stuff to sell?

As lazy as a rug on vallium
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrAlex
You CANNOT however grow vegetables on your own lot.

You can't plant seeds.
Nice job getting lvl 10 though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#72 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:26 PM
lilmissmanderson: No you can't, sorry

Keep going guys, some of you should be nearing finishing the challenge soon, I know I almost am. Then we can get some scores up!

Alex
xoxo
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:36 PM
Innocent is my sim and she is having fun. Unfortunetly she doens't have too many houses to steal from and for some reason her house is looking more and more likea gym (and the gym is looking more and more like an emtpy wharehouse). Muhahahahahah!!!!!

Not another signature.....
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:46 PM
I'm so loving this challenge! I started mine last night, and so far I've managed to steal:

- The Huge white statue outside the museum
- A desk Lamp from the Goth's
- A couch from the Goth's
- A chair from the Library
- A computer from the library (no table or desk though lol)
- A wall Lamp
- A ceiling Lamp
- A ground spotlight
- Some curtains

To go with my Mooch/Evil/Klepto I picked Friendly, and Schmoozer, it's working out really well. I've gotten quite a bit of money from mooching, and made a few friends rather quickly.

Here's my sim for the challenge:

Neko Diamini

EDIT: Are we allowed to fish and such? It wasn't in the rules, but I was sorta looking to fill my time between schmoozing and stealing.
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Hey guys,
my "klepto king" just became an adult and we have sooo much fun togethershe already robbed half of the neighborhood and there's just 2 newly moved-in families so far :// what about you??
MrAlex, I have a question for you. if I want to have a husband for her, what should I do with the money which he might bring with himself? And what about the inventory stuff?i know someone else had asked this before me but i didnt see any answers for that (sorry if I'm an idiot and there are some answers lingering somewhere:D)

Funny story: One night a burglar came into her house, but she managed to call the police in time so they could catch her. Guess what was my sim's first desire when she saw the burglar? Mooch her off with money, of course!! :D:DI rofl when saw that. Kinda ironic, ins't it? I even did a printscreen of that to show you but i forgotten totally later.
Anyway, I love this
Page 3 of 13