Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 2:53 PM
what is your burning question about video games?
So I kinda started a blog about video games, but in this moment I just do game reviews because I don't have ideas for articles. I would like to know what is your burning question about video games? or What's your thought about video games?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
How can something that's so fake feel so real?

you mean the graphic or the character development or something?
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 12:06 PM
my question would be "why do i have to spend even more money on these games just to get all of the content when i've already spent money just to buy the games?"

call me old fashioned, but i really miss the days when you got everything out of a game when you bought it instead of having to keep paying more and more for all of this so-called "extra" content that was most likely kept out of the game just to charge extra for. do we really need all of this dlc and so many expansion packs for games? are there any games even made today where you get everything and not have to pay extra? i heard about a game recently where you actually have to pay $10 extra for save slots, $10 per save slot... seriously? wtf
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
my question would be "why do i have to spend even more money on these games just to get all of the content when i've already spent money just to buy the games?"

call me old fashioned, but i really miss the days when you got everything out of a game when you bought it instead of having to keep paying more and more for all of this so-called "extra" content that was most likely kept out of the game just to charge extra for. do we really need all of this dlc and so many expansion packs for games? are there any games even made today where you get everything and not have to pay extra? i heard about a game recently where you actually have to pay $10 extra for save slots, $10 per save slot... seriously? wtf

Nice question! I will add this to my blog. but I think I know a bit of answers:
1. This is to make the game released earlier (in expense of quality). Earlier means more income and less decayed fanbase. They do this because companies are competiting against each other, like Battlefield and Call of Duty. Who release it first, then 'their team' shall get the reward.
2. That method keeps the game's lifespan last longer. More DLC means that the company are still digging the potential of that game.
3. It's more profitable for the company, obviously. You already know it.

This is actually a big win solution to the company. You might disappointed for hearing this that one day, every video game company will use this method.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:38 PM
I have been here a while, and why compare todays games to the shitty 2D games from the old days. I mean, if that's what you want, I see lots of those in reviews of new releases. I also make 3D objects for games at school, and people don't make games for free. I'm sure you probably would, but big companies can't hire if they don't pay.

From a financial point of view, big companies have shareholders who expect to be paid as well, I know it's a pain in the butt, but it's how the world works these days. If no one is willing to finance games, you would never have anything good to play with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have been here a while, and why compare todays games to the shitty 2D games from the old days. I mean, if that's what you want, I see lots of those in reviews of new releases. I also make 3D objects for games at school, and people don't make games for free. I'm sure you probably would, but big companies can't hire if they don't pay.

From a financial point of view, big companies have shareholders who expect to be paid as well, I know it's a pain in the butt, but it's how the world works these days. If no one is willing to finance games, you would never have anything good to play with.

Ikr! Like, why sometimes gamers are so old-school. I can't even stand with every aspect of the old game. The graphics are hurting my eyes, the gameplay mechanics are just too traditional and repetitive.
But I guess it's because the first game had ever made is 2D (pac-man, donkey kong, sonic, zelda, etc) that become legendary and brought video games to another dimension.