Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I tend to be kind to Cassandra ... maybe because she seems to be a misfit. I see her raised in a constricted household, haunted by ghosts (who fortunately for her, are now in another lot!), and not always Casper-like ghosts. She seems a little lost to me initially, and Don provides her with hope, even if it's false hope.

Cassie is happy. And I like making her happy.

Yep. She usually is very happy in my game... she has a big family and she loves it, not to mention her nieces and nephews from Alex.

Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
What makes her special to me is her links to Greek mythology.

The name Cassandra is that of the daughter of the Greek mythological queen named Hecuba (To which one of Goth Sr families cats in The Sims 1 Unleashed was named after). Cassandra was also known under the name of Alexandra. Alexander, Cassandra's brother, has the male version of this name. As most know Alexander was the name of the Macedon Empire ruler which famously conquered Egypt.

In Greek mythology Apollo granted to Cassandra prophetic abilities, but then when Cassandra refused him, Apollo had cursed Cassandra and made it so no one would believe her prophecies even if said prophecies were true. In that she became associated with tragedy. As most know, in The Sims 2 the default Maxis story dictates that under certain circumstances Cassandra Goth suffers great tragedy if her engagement with Don Lothario falters.

And that's another reason I love Cassandra. Greek mythology ties? Yep, I like this character already.

I have way too many reasons lol
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
genetic compatibility? personality/zodiac seems to fit that.
hair color; only if in turn-ons/turn-offs.
skin color, eye color; not an issue in shipped version.

I never clarified, sorry! I mean genetic compatibility as in for children so their kids don't look horrendous. She had the cutest little boy with Don once (I named him Dexter cause my aunt suggested it, lol) and I love him still (Looking for his picture
Alchemist
#53 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 9:46 PM
you seemed to explain in post #50.
different offspring of same characters can have different faces.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 11:20 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 8th Apr 2019 at 1:16 AM.
Hmm... I actually never played the Goths in TS1. That said, in my game, Cassandra wound up marrying Darren Dreamer (something I've grown to regret). She had 2 children with him. When Darren died and the kids went off to college, she moved back to Goth Manor, where her brother Alexander had settled down after college, with his new bride.

[Note: in order to be able to send Alexander to college without losing the Goth fortune to an empty house, in my game, Mortimer adopted a child. He just happened to die that very night, and the social worker dropped off the orphan, who was orphaned again. I couldn't leave this kid, so I wound up having Alexander build a Servo to look after him... His name is Jeeves1000, and he and the adopted child kept the Goth Manor, awaiting Alexander's return]

Alexander and his wife reluctantly welcomed Cassandra back home. They both focused on their careers, and wound up starting a family rather later in life. They had twin boys named Alastair and Barnaby. Barnaby was popular and well-liked, but Alastair was a bit... odd. He liked to do strange things, and didn't have many friends.

Skip ahead to adulthood, being twins, neither boy was assured to inherit the Goth Estate, as it had always previously gone to the eldest male. Alastair always believed that he was born first, because his name started with A, while Barnaby begins with B. Barnaby had a girlfriend and was likely to produce an heir, meaning that the estate would more than likely pass to his brother since he had no desire to marry.

Alastair was angrily contemplating the loss of his rightful inheritance, whilst gazing through his grandmother's telescope, as he often did... One night, he spotted something in the sky... Was it a comet? A meteor? What was that? It seemed to be getting closer!! And moving in a strange, unnatural way! Suddenly, a blue light appeared and slurped him up into the heavens, and he presumed that his grandmother had come to whisk him away.

Sometime later, Alastair returned home, but he couldn't tell if he was gone for hours, weeks or years. His memory was foggy, and he began getting nauseous. Every morning, he felt sick to his stomach. He noticed he was also putting on weight. Something wasn't right. He thought he felt movement inside him. He had seen that Simgourney Weaver movie and began to suspect his days were numbered. But at least the creature inside him, after bursting through his chest, would eat his relatives and prevent them from running off with what was rightfully his!

Well... nothing burst out of his chest. I dont want to tell you WHERE it came out of, but suffice it to say, it was NOT a pleasant experience for Alastair. He realized he was now the proud father of a grotesque green little alien creature. What to do?! Alastair hid the baby, only telling Auntie Cassandra about the child, so she could help care for him, as well as to hide him and keep his very existence a secret! She would be the mother he never had...

The child, named Cornelius, was only allowed out at night, after everyone else had gone to bed. But he would HAVE to go to school eventually, Cassandra insisted. Alastair painted the child's face behind some heavy makeup and made him wear a hat so he wouldn't stand out so much. Incognito, they sent him to school. But he was always whisked out in secrecy, then whisked back in and hidden in his room, behind a secret panel in the Goth Mansion. His father told him of the evils of sims in the world, and how they would never accept him, and would come for his money, even family! it was RIGHTFULLY Alastair's, and meant to be passed down to Cornelius, upon Alastair's death!

Cornelius had alien intelligence, and began to take an interest in natural science... in particular, the horticulture of the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii. Eventually, he obtained and raised a specimen. It was around this time, his Uncle Barnaby's w grew suspicious and one night, discovered the green young man... So he had his plant eat her. His decrepit old Auntie Cassandra was in her last days. He knew the secretion of his plant would be the fix! So he gave it to her, re-energizing her and restoring some of her pep!

Uncle Barnaby and all the cousins were frantic, looking for yet another LOST Goth. Unfortunately, as they stumbled upon clues, those clues led them, one by one, to the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii. First, Uncle Barnaby. Then the cousins, one by one. Alastair kept telling Cornelius NOT to feed his family to the plant! He had had enough of these hijinx and warned Cornelius, one more time and he would be out of the will! And then Alastair happened a bit too close to the plant himself and was no more.

Cornelius allowed one cousin to survive, to be the family figurehead and pass along the name through his children, but always when the time came, he would be gobbled, and the juice would be shared between Cornelius and Cassandra, who never had any idea where it came from, but found it rather tasty and almost... intoxicating. She'd rather not ask, because she'd rather not know.

For generations upon generations, Goths would vanish. Cassandra, the only KNOWN Goth to live in the Manor for so long, had an ungodly long life as an elderly widow. Everyone always assumed she was some kind of witch, who was busy murdering her family, but no one could ever prove it. She always seemed to have an alibi. No one ever found out about the existence of Cornelius, and people just stayed away from that crazy old lady, living with one surviving Goth, to further the bloodline, and their servo-butler Jeeves1000, who was programmed NEVER to squeal on the family!

The End!

Thanks for the fun opportunity to post this story... It hasn't all happened yet. I'm still in the process of making it all go down. That's why certain names (like Barnaby's wife and the cousins) are missing.

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 27th May 2019 at 5:06 AM
Usually, in my various Pleasant view games I have Cassandra marry Don, and they have kids and stay married; Don and Cass get married and she discovers him cheating on her and they divorce; or Don leaves Cass at the altar and she marries/dates someone else. I've only had her marry Darren once.
One time, I had Don and Cassandra get married, but their relationship wasn't good enough so Don left her at the altar. I had Cassandra drink poison and watched her die. Mortimer and Alexander were grief-stricken.

Edit: I always change her clothes and hair and sometimes I change her glasses or don't have her wear any.
Page 3 of 3