Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:55 PM
Default Help with referencing DLLs with with Microsoft Visual C3
I can't reference DLLs and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried using both the 2008 and 2010 versions, but neither works. I've googled as well, but I still have no idea how to fix this. The only advice I could find was talking about the 2005 edition and I didn't understand it at all.

The error I get when I try to add DLLs as references is ".dll" could not be added.Please make sure that the file is accessible and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
What are the steps you take before you receive the error?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:03 PM
I'm using Sims 3:Creating a game compatible Visual Studio project as tutorial. After I finish step three, I move on to step four and it's when I try to add the references that the error pops up.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 9:29 PM
Will it let you add any references at all, like if you try to add them one by one?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM
No, not at all. I tried each one separately. It figures my luck runs this way.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:55 PM
Maybe you you didn't export them out of S3PE correctly?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 11:24 PM Last edited by pandaseal : 24th Jul 2010 at 11:36 PM.
That's a possibility. I'll try it again.

ETA: Okay, now S3PE won't even open the files correctly.

Quote:
Could not load file or assembly '23648256 bytes loaded from s3pi.ScriptResource, Version=1001.3.14.25911, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Bad IL format.
----
Stack trace:
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
at ScriptResource.ScriptResource.get_Value()
----
Stack trace:
Unknown1: 0x02
Unknown2: 0x00000009
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#8 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 11:49 PM
Did you export from Grid (correct) or did you right-click on the resource and select Export (incorrect)?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:36 AM
The second one. I tired re-exporting and now the files load. Thank you so much for all your help.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#10 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 1:31 AM
No problem.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]