Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 11:26 PM
Default How Would You Fix: BIGFOOT!!?
It's time for the next installment of our "How Would You Fix" series, with BIGFOOT! Bigfoot was added to the Sims Universe in the Bon Voyage Expansion Pack. There are a number of ways in which BigFoot could've been improved for use in our Sims games. So, let's hear it! What do you think? How would you have implemented BigFoot? Are there changes in abilities, playability, functionality, etc. that you'd have done differently? Are there objects or items that they should have had available? Any special skills or abilities? Like, why can't BigFoot climb trees? (...do kids even climb trees anymore?). Should they have been better (or perhaps worse!) at training animals? Anything you'd liked to have seen done differently, please share!!

Remember, this is not a request thread... it's merely a discussion thread, to share ideas. But if any adventurous creator would like to take hold of any of the ideas and run with them, please: FEEL FREE!!

So let your best, your worst, your craziest, your most impossible ideas fly! Tell us what you think would've made BigFoot more enjoyable. Be sure to "Like" your favorite ideas, and as always, please continue your contributions to the previous "How Would You Fix:" discussions for Zombies, Vampires, Servos, Werewolves and Plantsims!

And thanks for playing along!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:04 AM
Having female bigfeet would have been nice
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 4:11 AM
Not to fix Bigfoot but for Bon Voyage - since Sims can't be turned into Bigfoot, I wish that each vacation hood had offered a special creature: Island vacations could have mermaids!!! IDK what Far East hoods would offer, that might be tricky...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:24 AM
Tanuki!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:38 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:41 AM.
Have genetically golden fishing and gardening talent badges. Or just fishing (gardening is a must for plantsims though).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 2:15 PM
by letting him breed and pass on the bigfoot genes.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 3:21 PM
Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) should've been able to teach sims to yodel.

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#8 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
by letting him breed and pass on the bigfoot genes.
what genes?
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 7:43 PM
...I...I don't know.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#10 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:30 PM
Knowing EA, I'm surprised (but grateful) they didn't make it so every picture with a Bigfoot in it turns out blurry. :P

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:36 AM
Actually, i think that would've been riotous! They TOTALLY should've done that! hahaha

-gE
>=)
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:57 PM
At least there is Bigfoot romance. I think Bigfoot is cute and he makes a great father. But yeah, there definitely needs to be female Bigfeet.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:30 AM
I kind of expected that there'd be more ideas for making Bigfoots better. Besides Female Bigfoots and Kidfoots... The game, it's kinda like a knockoff of "Harry and the Hendersons" and that was a shitty movie.

Bigfoot should've had a tree house, which would've required a change to build mode, allowing tree house building. I know it can be done... I have one myself, that I'm rather proud of. But perhaps they could've included swinging vines, cargo nets, and other such items to really flush out how a Bigfoot would live. I mean, I guess the chest pounding is okay. But it'd be great if they had some kind of "Call of the Wild" type thing...

Just a couple ideas to make them more fun.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:43 AM
@grinevilly - Did you see the "Look at this awesome thing" thread? There's a neat-looking treehouse there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:52 PM
There is a mod that lets him fall in love, maybe be a father? I have made "fake" sasquatch couple; with mod for females to have beards, it was funny. Yea, big foot DNA: toddlers with lots of hair, and a little beard..CUTE! But big feet (foots?) should have lots of other characteristics: always shy, always strong and messy (for REAL, like no reaction to dirt and bugs). Catch fish with hands & eat; eat bushes. Alas, a Sim is always just a Sim. All the "creature" Sims have that same restriction/fail.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:55 PM
I kind of ignore him - but I like the yodel idea a lot
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 9:28 AM
He is so fun to play, and always gives bigfoot hugs to his spouse and kids. I had one start a fish shop, with a pond in the backyard. Since his badges are all gold, it went great!

I just wish there was a way you could do teen romance with bigfeet. I want to age him down to teen and have him fall in love.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:17 PM
While this isn't about improving the bigfoot, I kinda think now how they could have gone about of how sims could 'adopt' the bigfoot:
What If instead of getting a map to the bigfoot's whereabouts hut, your sim had to camp out in the woods (like witches/vampires, but waiting they days) where there been reports (following rumours, sort of like in eastern eggs) of sightings of the possible natural habit of the bigfoot. The Player would have to put all their attention in 'catching a bigfoot', because once the creature appears at the edge of the lot, 'It/he' will run to the other end of the portal to escape (or even better, bigfoot would have unique pattern of entering&leaving the lot: just by going through any corner/edge of the lot instead of going across the sidewalk). Not only that, the lot would need to be heavily build with dozen of trees (making it hard to spot the beast) but within a very small lot (to prevent immense lag, as well making it challenging to time the pause button or capturing the bigfoot). The Player would need to initiate any social interaction to disrupt the bigfoot fleeing interaction. Once the bigfoot is stopped, the player would need to sent a sim to greet him which the action, in turn, would have the bigfoot invite the sim over to the lot. Then the bigfoot will leave the lot, leaving the sim with the "membership" card/map to the hut. The Player will have no choice (unless (s)he doesn't restarting the process) but to visit (and no other community/home lot in between) the unlocked secret lot right away. Once the sim follows the bigfoot to his habitat, the player will have to make the vacationing sim befriend the Yeti only at that right lot (If there's still the motivate to move him the creature), because again leaving the lot will result in the loss of membership to the lot and the relationship between the sim and the yeti would reset (bigfoots don't have a telephone/computer, so there would be no means of contacting each other between the stranded and civilianize land).

Oh, I haven't realize how the part of "act-fast" resembles very close to catching a ninja to ask the technique of how to teleport. Still, it would be quite fun and challenging than the easier route of found the map - now I can visit and adopt a yeti at any point of time in my life).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
While this isn't about improving the bigfoot, I kinda think now how they could have gone about of how sims could 'adopt' the bigfoot.

They can also order him in a box, thanks to SimWardrobe. ;D I had Tara Kat order one as a mail order groom...