Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:14 PM
Hey there!

It's my first time actually giving a random legacy challenge a try (after the usual legacy challenge was too boring to me after a while), but I'm getting a bad conscience here. My first heir now found a new soon-to-be-spouse after the game suddenly removed her actual love interest after their first date. Now I'd like her to marry her spouse. The spouse though has no lot to live on so far and therefore has 20.000 Simoleons she'd bring into the household.

Is that legitimate? Because 20k seems freaking much to me! Or can I just 'remove' some money again? (If so, how?)
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by L4Z42
Hey there!

It's my first time actually giving a random legacy challenge a try (after the usual legacy challenge was too boring to me after a while), but I'm getting a bad conscience here. My first heir now found a new soon-to-be-spouse after the game suddenly removed her actual love interest after their first date. Now I'd like her to marry her spouse. The spouse though has no lot to live on so far and therefore has 20.000 Simoleons she'd bring into the household.

Is that legitimate? Because 20k seems freaking much to me! Or can I just 'remove' some money again? (If so, how?)

I didn't realize sims could bring money in at all in the sims 4, I've never had any do so! I'd say ditch the money if it feels too cheaty to you, it really is a lot. I'll try to figure out exactly what situations you get move-in money for, and whether is has to be disallowed or not.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Forum Resident
#53 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
I didn't realize sims could bring money in at all in the sims 4, I've never had any do so! I'd say ditch the money if it feels too cheaty to you, it really is a lot. I'll try to figure out exactly what situations you get move-in money for, and whether is has to be disallowed or not.

They don't bring in any money, if they have more than one person living in their household, if they don't than they bring in 20.000 (if they don't live in the world). When you go to 'manage households' you can also see all people not living in the world and they sometimes have families/roommates. Pinstar has added a new rule to his legacy challenge (spouses should not bring in any money) and that can be easily done by making sims you want to marry part of another household via 'manage households'.
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger88
I'd say ditch the money if it feels too cheaty to you, it really is a lot. I'll try to figure out exactly what situations you get move-in money for, and whether is has to be disallowed or not.

Great, thanks! I had that without a legacy challenge before and the 20k sort of ruined my gameplay then since, well, I could practically build a little villa with that money plus the one I already had in that household.. Wouldn't want my challenge to end in generation 1.

Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
When you go to 'manage households' you can also see all people not living in the world and they sometimes have families/roommates. Pinstar has added a new rule to his legacy challenge (spouses should not bring in any money) and that can be easily done by making sims you want to marry part of another household via 'manage households'.

Thanks for that, I didn't know that! That might help me, too. I wasn't aware you could add sims to households that aren't 'actually' in the world yet. And to be honest, I was too scared that she'd be gone again right away when I edit the world or something.
Instructor
Original Poster
#55 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
They don't bring in any money, if they have more than one person living in their household, if they don't than they bring in 20.000 (if they don't live in the world). When you go to 'manage households' you can also see all people not living in the world and they sometimes have families/roommates. Pinstar has added a new rule to his legacy challenge (spouses should not bring in any money) and that can be easily done by making sims you want to marry part of another household via 'manage households'.

Sounds like we should go along with Pinstar, then. I'll make a note of it in my list of updates, there should be a big update to the challenge in the next few days.

My sims blog
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:56 AM
Eep okay, so I failed my first Generation.. but rather than starting over I'm just gonna continue. It -was- a hard generation, and I managed to meet most of the parameters, just not the aspiration side of things (except for Lily) and 2 of the kids grades.

Upon my founders death, my new Heir decided to pack up and move to a new lot to build her own home with what money the family had at the end of Gen 1. The house is pretty bare, but it has all the necessities~ Anyway, I wasted no time in getting Lily pregnant, so the 3rd Gen has already been born, and this is what I rolled:

Marital Status:
Couple (Yay finally! :D)
Children: 4 (Will be a breeze this time!)
Primary Career: Tech Guru(Start-up Entrepreneur) – No additional money-making opportunities. *
Secondary Career: Treasure Hunter – Dig up rocks and sell what you find. (For the partner/spouse :P)
Fun: Perfect Attendance (Rerolled due to previous Generation having same goal "Partier")
Generation Goal: Party King/Party Queen – Host every kind of party with a gold medal in each.

Also, as far as blogging goes, I've decided to stop doing a chapter-by-chapter kind of thing and just move to tumblr. This way I'm not spending more time writing their story than playing the game, and I can still capture my favorite moments as they happen. My old blog will be where I keep all the information about my legacy. For example, bio's and goals etc!

New 'Blog': Sim-metry (Corny, I know xD)
Information Page: Here
Test Subject
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:21 AM
I started a legacy once already, but my save got messed up and I got all sad, so I've decided to start with a fresh roll.

full house (Founder is Madilyn Matthews who lives with her brother Kai, and his wife and brother-in-law, Kamila and Ari Zimmerman)
5 children
Primary: Culinary(Chef) - No additional money-making opportunities. *
Secondary:
unemployed
Space Explorer – Build your own rocket and take to the stars, selling what you bring back from your travels.
Painter(Patron of the Arts) – May sell crafted paintings.

This has been really difficult so far! I hate controlling so many adults. Good thing about the sims 4 is they seem to do a bit better when left on their own I've got 4 of the children so far, now I just have to wait for the oldest to grow up so Madilyn can have her last child(who is also the heir). I'm having difficulty with the children. I am so glad I didn't roll the perfect children goal. I have yet to complete any aspirations or get to an A grade, even though I've been trying.

Kai hasn't been able to do much with the Space Explorer job as there is not enough money to fix the rocket ship he broke on one of his first explorations!

I have a question. When my heir ages up to young adult, do I have to move his/her mother out? What about the 3 helpers? I read through the rules and couldn't find anything. sorry if I just missed it.
#58 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigger's awesome rules on page one
11. The next generation's heir comes of age when they age up to YA. At that point, you are officially in that heir's generation, though restrictions from the previous generation continue to apply until that generation is complete. To complete a generation, all parameter goals must be completed and the next generation's heir must have come of age. Unless stated otherwise, all goals and fun objectives begin when the heir comes of age and end when the heir's generation is complete. Once a generation is complete, sims of that generation(including the heir, spouse and any helpers) may move out, though this is not required.

My question is, if those sims stay, are they allowed to continue on with their rolled careers?

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 2:52 AM
Thanks, ShakespearesSunshyne! I don't know why I couldn't find that.

I hope they are allowed to continue with their careers, because money.
Instructor
Original Poster
#60 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShakespearesSunshyne
My question is, if those sims stay, are they allowed to continue on with their rolled careers?

Yes they can!

My sims blog
Test Subject
#61 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:19 AM
So, this seems like the perfect way for me to approach playing The Sims. Unfortunately, I haven't played any of the titles previous to this one, so I'm pretty sure my generation is doomed.

Here is my first roll:

Almeo

Generation 1 - Nathalie
A - Marital Status (13 - Couple)
B - Children (10 - 5 children)
C - Career (3 - Conventional Career)
C1 - (10 - Criminal [Oracle])
D[1] - Spousal Career (6 - Unconventional Career)
C2 - (3 - Freelance Musician)
D[2] - Spousal Career (1 - Conventional Career)
C1 - (13 - Culinary [Chef])
D[3] - Spousal Career (3 - Conventional Career)
C1 - (15 - Tech Guru [eSport Gamer])
D[4] - Spousal Career (3 - Conventional Career)
C1 - (5 - Painter [Master of the Real])
D[5] - Spousal Career (3 - Conventional Career)
C1 - (2 - Entertainer [Comedian])
E - Generation Goals (7 - Deadbeat Parents)
F - Fun (9 - Half Siblings - each child must have a different parent)
Gen succession - Modern patriarchy, merit

Right, not a problem? 5 kids with 5 different parents? Nathalie's commitment issues have already got her in trouble with beau #1, but hopefully she can get him moved in with a kid before she drives him away.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:18 AM Last edited by lilliandulcia : 24th Sep 2014 at 6:56 AM.
Previously, in my random legacy...

Generation 3 has started! I decided to wait until my heir (she was an only child) aged up to teen before posting about this generation. Generation 1 was a success, all goals were fulfilled. My original heir passed away in the children's room, with gen2 heir crying, and gen3 heir snoozing. I decided to find gen3 heir a "boyfriend" as a child and have them grow up together to eventually become a real couple. Edit: I think I forgot to put a picture of my gen 2 heir as an adult here. Here's her and her twin brother, doing what they do best.

Here are my rolls:

Marital status: Couple w/ Help. (Finally, my sim is allowed to get married!)
Number of children: 1 (another only child)
Primary career: Gardener (my first unconventional career)
Secondary careers: Carpenter (for the husband, another unconventional career) and Writer(Author) for the help (Not sure who will be the help this time, she doesn't have any siblings)
Generation Goal: Collector (I think I might do postcards)
Misc Fun: Hobbyist (I hope I remember to do this, it is always the hardest for me)

I had the issue with my sim bringing in 20k simoleons. I ended up buying 4 rocket ship things and putting them in the family inventory to make up for it. However, my sims are pretty much rich already. They have 70k simoleons. Painters earn so much money! I think I will redesign their house soon to try to use some of that up.

Since I had complained about the sims getting an A and completing their aspiration, I want to give an update. It really wasn't that hard with my only child sim. She got an A and completed the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration (and in the about 2 days left until age up, I made her become bffs with her future husband). I think it helped that she was the only sim I had to take care of. I think two things could help with the perfect child aspiration: One, it could apply only to the future heir (so if the person hasn't decided on the heir, they need to work on completing it for the other children anyway). Or two, child sims could only need to complete the aspiration and not get an A. The reason I think two is a good idea is because your grade as a child carries over to teen years, so if your sim gets an A as a child they will pretty much be handed an A as a teen, which means teens don't have much to work on for the perfect children challenge. It is mostly for children. So requiring an A by adulthood rather than requiring it before they become a teen could be a good adjustment. Of course, it could remain as it is, but I think a lot of people will fail the challenge.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:42 AM
This is exciting!! I also had to take a good, long break from my TS3 random legacy because of bugs with the game and the EPs and everything. And I really love TS4 so far, so I'm pretty excited to start playing. Thanks, tigger89

My Rolls are:
Mixed single w/ Help
2 children
Criminal (Boss)
Unemployed
Idle Careers
Gourmet

I feel like it's going to be a tough first gen... Unemployed AND Idle Careers, oh man.

BTW if you write down your household funds before moving in a sim, if they bring in the 20k you can get rid of it by turning testingcheats on and using "money {amount}" to restore the funds to their pre-boosted state.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
Generation Goal: Collector (I think I might do postcards)

Whatever you do, don't do fish. I'm convinced fish is the hardest thing ever. I'm down to the anglerfish, rainbowfish, pirahna, tilapia and catfish, with less than a week until generation 2 comes of age, and I just can't seem to get any of them.

Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
Since I had complained about the sims getting an A and completing their aspiration, I want to give an update. It really wasn't that hard with my only child sim. She got an A and completed the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration (and in the about 2 days left until age up, I made her become bffs with her future husband). I think it helped that she was the only sim I had to take care of. I think two things could help with the perfect child aspiration: One, it could apply only to the future heir (so if the person hasn't decided on the heir, they need to work on completing it for the other children anyway). Or two, child sims could only need to complete the aspiration and not get an A. The reason I think two is a good idea is because your grade as a child carries over to teen years, so if your sim gets an A as a child they will pretty much be handed an A as a teen, which means teens don't have much to work on for the perfect children challenge. It is mostly for children. So requiring an A by adulthood rather than requiring it before they become a teen could be a good adjustment. Of course, it could remain as it is, but I think a lot of people will fail the challenge.

I actually can't get my sims to age up with an A when they're teens! It always bumps them back down to a B for me, it's a huge pain. I think that's reasonable, though. I honestly don't know why it's so hard for a lot of people, but I guess my playstyle is just super-efficient or something. I've been playing a lot of sims 2(which requires a great deal of time management when moving people out of the house in the morning, especially if you only have two bathrooms) recently, so maybe that has something to do with it. So, perfect children now requires a B grade as a child, and an A grade as a teen.

Changelog:
1. Made another pass through the aspirations list, I think I got all of my "more?" and "check?" notes removed. Nature aspirations are doable with any rolls, however you will have to mass-delete(or sell and cheat the money away) massive amounts of collectables if you choose to pursue them - you've been warned. Let me know if you see anything funky here.
2. Added a link to the awesome random.org
3. Bringing in money when you move sims into the family(for spouses or help) is no longer allowed. Use the "testingcheats on" and "money x", where x is the amount you want to set household funds to, to remove any unwanted money that sims bring with them. If you've already benefited from this in your legacy, don't worry about making it right, just avoid it in the future.
4. Finalized allowed money-making activities for the following conventional careers: criminal(oracle), criminal(boss), culinary(chef), entertainer(comedian), entertainer(musician) and writer(journalist).
5. Tweaked the unconventional careers around. Made Freelance Musician and Freelance Comedian slightly more awesome, and merged Master of Frogs with Treasure Hunter for now. If your sim was a Master of Frogs, they are now a Treasure Hunter.
6. Altered the deadbeat parents goal to be more specific. Parents may not use the mentor or encourage interactions on their children to help them skill, help them with their homework, or read books to them.
7. Altered the Party King/Queen goal to allow for extra party types introduced in expansions/DLC and mods(like the destination party mod). You now still only have to host the 4 parties, picking randomly from your available options if you have more than 4 choices. More fair for everyone!
8. Altered the Perfect Children goal. Children now only require a B in school, and teens require an A.
9. Added a new goal: Midlife Crisis
10. Added a new fun: My Precious

My sims blog
Scholar
#65 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:20 PM
I rolled this....
11: Friendship is Forever – Beginning when the heir is a child, they must make one new good friend every week. This friendship must be maintained through subsequent weeks, and may only be ended by the death of the friend.

My problem is I rolled 5 kids. I haven't chosen an heir yet. My oldest child is now a teen, my 2nd will age up to teen in 3 days and the youngest is a baby due to age up within the next few hours, and the other 2 don't exist yet.
So does this disqualify the oldest from being the heir now? and probably the 2nd and 3rd kid as well.
Unless I've misunderstood the requirement, my heir will most likely be dictated to me by who's left and still young enough to fulfill this.
Or, does it mean if you've chosen your heir in advance or by some system it starts as a child, and if not it starts when the heir is chosen (it doesn't sound like that reading it, but if it is this could it possibly be re-worded?)

Also, without some mod to force more kids and teens to be generated, starting as a child is not fun. I tried on my oldest child as soon as she aged up, it was all old people, most of them have died and been replaced with adults, there was one random child, who aged up a day or 2 after my child met her, and the only other child I've seen around (apart from siblings) is one I had to move in myself just so she had a friend her own age. I now have a similar problem with lack of teens and her previous friend is still a child.
Unless some changes are made to the unequal age group population, having your small child hang out with a group of adults on a regular basis feels a bit weird after a while.
Until Maxis (or more likely a modder) fixes this 'issue' could it be changed to start with YA? One good friend a week still sounds like a lot to me starting with this age group. (I don't know how many people would agree with that though, my sims are usually loners, this is the worst one I could possibly have rolled lol)
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:36 PM
I'm a huge fan of this challenge. I've adopted it as my go to play style for the Sims 3 because it honestly helps keep my interest. I was super excited to see you convert it for the Sims 4 and have started a legacy challenge with it! I present the Bastille Legacy, a Berry Sweet Sims story set in the small town of Wafer Creek. All towns have secrets, but the small towns have the darkest ones. A prologue is just up for now, but the first chapter is in the works and should be out in the next few days.

My Parameters are as follows!
Heir: Iolite Bastille
Helper: Hyacinth Bastille
Marital Status: Mixed Single /w Helper
Kids: 3
Heir Career: Painter (Master of the Real)
Helper Career: Secret Agent (Diamond Agent)
Goal: Expansionist
Fun: Perfect Attendance
Instructor
Original Poster
#67 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I rolled this....
11: Friendship is Forever – Beginning when the heir is a child, they must make one new good friend every week. This friendship must be maintained through subsequent weeks, and may only be ended by the death of the friend.

My problem is I rolled 5 kids. I haven't chosen an heir yet. My oldest child is now a teen, my 2nd will age up to teen in 3 days and the youngest is a baby due to age up within the next few hours, and the other 2 don't exist yet.
So does this disqualify the oldest from being the heir now? and probably the 2nd and 3rd kid as well.
Unless I've misunderstood the requirement, my heir will most likely be dictated to me by who's left and still young enough to fulfill this.
Or, does it mean if you've chosen your heir in advance or by some system it starts as a child, and if not it starts when the heir is chosen (it doesn't sound like that reading it, but if it is this could it possibly be re-worded?)

I didn't even think about people with large families who didn't pick their heir until they were teens. That is a bit complicated. With small famlies you could just make sure that everybody gets one a week, but that's crazy with 5 kids. I'll make a note to change it so that it starts as soon as the heir is determined or at childhood, whichever comes later, but no later than the first week of YA for the heir.

Also, without some mod to force more kids and teens to be generated, starting as a child is not fun. I tried on my oldest child as soon as she aged up, it was all old people, most of them have died and been replaced with adults, there was one random child, who aged up a day or 2 after my child met her, and the only other child I've seen around (apart from siblings) is one I had to move in myself just so she had a friend her own age. I now have a similar problem with lack of teens and her previous friend is still a child.
Unless some changes are made to the unequal age group population, having your small child hang out with a group of adults on a regular basis feels a bit weird after a while.
Until Maxis (or more likely a modder) fixes this 'issue' could it be changed to start with YA? One good friend a week still sounds like a lot to me starting with this age group. (I don't know how many people would agree with that though, my sims are usually loners, this is the worst one I could possibly have rolled lol)

Have them make friends with their parents or siblings. As long as they're not already "good friends" at the start of the week, it counts. You can probably get at least two weeks of making friends with family, by which point they're at least teens and it's less strange.

My sims blog
Scholar
#68 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
I didn't even think about people with large families who didn't pick their heir until they were teens. That is a bit complicated. With small famlies you could just make sure that everybody gets one a week, but that's crazy with 5 kids. I'll make a note to change it so that it starts as soon as the heir is determined or at childhood, whichever comes later, but no later than the first week of YA for the heir.

Have them make friends with their parents or siblings. As long as they're not already "good friends" at the start of the week, it counts. You can probably get at least two weeks of making friends with family, by which point they're at least teens and it's less strange.

Thank you One of the bonuses to having 5 kids was a good selection to pick an heir from.
I wasn't including family, that's good to know that they count, and you're right, that would make it less weird and also fill some of the time before hunting down strangers lol.
Scholar
#69 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigger89
I actually can't get my sims to age up with an A when they're teens! It always bumps them back down to a B for me, it's a huge pain. I think that's reasonable, though. I honestly don't know why it's so hard for a lot of people, but I guess my playstyle is just super-efficient or something. I've been playing a lot of sims 2(which requires a great deal of time management when moving people out of the house in the morning, especially if you only have two bathrooms) recently, so maybe that has something to do with it. So, perfect children now requires a B grade as a child, and an A grade as a teen.

It's not exclusive to an A, they get bumped down one on any grade they have when they enter high school (a B as a child becomes a C when they age up and enter highschool) if you want them to enter high school with a B (?) they'll have to get an A in grade school to do this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 1:06 AM
It's not exclusive to an A, they get bumped down one on any grade they have when they enter high school (a B as a child becomes a C when they age up and enter highschool) if you want them to enter high school with a B (?) they'll have to get an A in grade school to do this.

That makes me feel better about altering Perfect Children. It's much harder to get an A in high school, especially if you're trying to track down a good boyfriend/girlfriend, get started with your adult skills, and maybe even work a job. The homework also seems to take much longer, on top of all those other commitments, even with help from a parent. So allowing people to squeak by with a B as a child if they can't quite make the A is balanced by them having to work harder in the teen lifestage(to get from C to B as well as from B to A), which has more stuff going on in general, but less mandatory stuff. Let's see how it works out for people, teen still seems a bit empty(especially if you cut out having a job), but it'll probably get filled with mechanics from later EPs.

My sims blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:27 AM
Important rules adjustment! Currently, there exists a bug where your sims will earn retirement pay twice each day. If this affects you(you'll know because you get the pop-up twice), use "testingcheats on" and "money x" cheats(where x is the new amount you want the family funds set to) to fix the issue. When the bug gets fixed(either by EA or through a mod) this will no longer be necessary. It's okay to keep one payment of retirement money for each sim, though - no need to get rid of it all!

My sims blog
Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:47 PM
First time playing this challenge and the sims 4!
I got:
Marital Status: Couple with help
Number of Children: 3
Primary Career: Carpenter
Secondary Career 1: Career Hopper: Entertainer(Comedian), Tech Guru(Start-up Entrepeneur), Culinary(Chef), Astronomer(Space Ranger), Painter(Patron of the Arts).
Secondary Career 2: Space Explorer
Generation Goals: Idle Careers
Miscellaneous Fun: Runs in the Family

Well this is going to be hard... Six people in the household, two adults with unconventional careers and one that can't get too high in his/her job because he/she had to switch between jobs. And I can't help them with their jobs...

2 quick questions because I haven't played the sims 4 yet so I don't know:
1. Do sims get whims to travel space? Do I need to buy a rocket first for them to have it?
2. If sims are creative does that mean that they are better at woodworking?
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:54 PM
I started an entire new save because of some .. issues (damn this game !), and I thought it would be great to start out with a random legacy challenge. It was my favorite one for the sims 3, so !
This is my roll :

Couple
3 children
Cybercriminal
Fishersim
Deadbeat parents
Moody

I rolled one a week ago and it was much harder so I gave up .. This one might be fun ! Even though I do not have a lot of experiences with this kind of jobs. We'll see.
Inventor
#74 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM
I have a storyline for a Sims 4 RLC bouncing around my head, but I have a rules question about it before I actually start things.

The storyline deals with the half-sister (same father, different mothers) of the founder from the Sims 2 RLC I'm working on. Each sister believes the other dead, as the war from the prologue of my Sims 3 RLC (I'm combining all three games into one world) has extended into their homeland. The Sims 2 RLC would start with the sister that stayed in the occupied capital and the Sims 4 RLC would start with the one that left. The problem, however, is that when she left, she eloped with her teenhood love - who happens to be Johnny Zest. Since this is Gen1, am I allowed to just use CAS to move them into the same house, since they knew each other beforehand? And what am I supposed to do about Johnny's skills? He starts with a level 2 in Comedy and I rolled Freelance Comedian, so should I just cheat them away?

Thanks for making this challenge and I'm looking forward to playing it!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Instructor
#75 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:56 PM
I would like to try this but I don't know if I did everything so please correct me if I am wrong

my sim (no name yet) is
1 Single
2 must have 2 kids
3 Writer(Journalist) - May publish all book genres(self-publishing), and write articles.
4 Idle Careers - May not make an effort to advance in your heir's, helper's and spouse's careers, including school. If the career goals happen to line up with aspirational goals, that's a happy coincidence, because you may advance in aspiration freely. Autonomous actions are also acceptable. If you've rolled an unconventional career that has no tasks that sims will perform autonomously, you may only perform tasks for it if your sim has a whim to do it or if they do them autonomously.
5 Fixer Upper - May not purchase new objects if they break this generation. You must fix them. I don't care if you have no handiness skill, if you want to shower today you'll get to work, won't you?
Page 3 of 26