Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 2:11 AM
Default Can't Save My World
Hello!

So I was trying to make my own version on the Springfield world by wisteriabrayan. A beautiful world it is, but if I want my game play to be more realistic, the grass, sand, and rocks need to be modified (I wish I could do the roads, but since i'm still a newbie to all of this, I don't know how to replace the roads without deleting them).

I followed the steps by simsample(thank you!) to get the world open (there was an error for me at first but then finally it worked by using the steps!) Once I had springfield open, I made the edits I wanted to make, but I keep getting this error every time I try to save it:

I only modified this much so you can see that it can be the tinest thing and it still won't save my edits:

I even tried editing on sunset valley and the only say it will actually save anything I edit, is when its a new world I created in CAW.

I don't know if maybe its something wrong with my computer, but if someone is able to help me on what i'm doing wrong or edit this world with normal sims terrain & roads, i'd greatly appreciate. I've been going at this since October, so it's been stressing me out for a while

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 2:57 PM
Could you please show a screenshot of that error scrolled over, so that we can see which bits are saving and which bits failing? Is this save or save as?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 1:00 PM Last edited by simmerLella : 16th Jan 2024 at 1:11 PM.
As for only your road issue...

B: You can edit all roads that aren't the default 1, and that road is definitely custom. But you'll need to download at least one road set to get the right types of files for replacement. The MTS forum here has a lot in some threads!

Anyway, DON'T DELETE THAT ROAD!!! Laying out new road on top of the old path can be a NIGHTMARE! Haha.

Good luck with everything.

By the way (but this is IMPORTANT) you don't want to paint over that plain blue "grass" with that real grass texture, you want to replace that texture file with your preferred grass that you added on the bottom. (And delete the texture layer you added.) You should do this with all the plain textures you need to "hide" (just replace). This will be SO quick and overall better!! You might need to reload your world after to see things correctly though.

Sims 3 ID, Origin, Twitter , etc.: SimmerLella
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could you please show a screenshot of that error scrolled over, so that we can see which bits are saving and which bits failing? Is this save or save as?

Sorry it took so long so me to respond, I was sick

here's the info!

It also won't let me open the world ever again, because of the error, so I had to make a new one and still the same error:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerLella

B: You can edit all roads that aren't the default 1, and that road is definitely custom. But you'll need to download at least one road set to get the right types of files for replacement. The MTS forum here has a lot in some threads!

Anyway, DON'T DELETE THAT ROAD!!! Laying out new road on top of the old path can be a NIGHTMARE! Haha.

By the way (but this is IMPORTANT) you don't want to paint over that plain blue "grass" with that real grass texture, you want to replace that texture file with your preferred grass that you added on the bottom. (And delete the texture layer you added.) You should do this with all the plain textures you need to "hide" (just replace). This will be SO quick and overall better!! You might need to reload your world after to see things correctly though.

Thank you! I'll do a new one and see if that works too!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerLella

Thank you so much for letting me know about replacing the textures (although some of the layers were all overe the place so I had to add grass to xsome textures that were supposed to be for desert sand or mossy dirt) , but it still won't allow me to save.

Hopefully I can figure this out some how!
Instructor
#7 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 1:19 AM
While figuring out why things aren't working is still a priority, are all of the changes you want to make texture-based? Because it would also be possible to convert the world to package and simply replace the textures in S3PE, but anything else will be CAW specific.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
While figuring out why things aren't working is still a priority, are all of the changes you want to make texture-based? Because it would also be possible to convert the world to package and simply replace the textures in S3PE, but anything else will be CAW specific.

I tried that first since CAW didn't work for me at all before, but then I kept trying with CAW and then in worked...until it didn't let me save S3PE I tried at but that didn't work so well either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 8:18 PM
So it's saving the global layer okay, but failing on the others- what do you have in that world? Are there any world objects, custom trees and so on? See if you can identify what is on the layers it's failing to save. Also, just to check- have you tried save as> and give the save a new name rather than saving as the same name?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 3:20 PM
So it's saving the global layer okay, but failing on the others- what do you have in that world? Are there any world objects, custom trees and so on? See if you can identify what is on the layers it's failing to save. Also, just to check- have you tried save as> and give the save a new name rather than saving as the same name?

Why didn't I think to save as?!! I always save as in my game so why didn't I think to do it in CAW??

As for adding items, I haven't added anything to it but the default layers CAW has provided. All I did was change the texture and it wouldn't save. I'll try again with save as and see if I get a result.

P.s. I tried editing in game, and I received an error for that too
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 4:00 AM
It's like a donimo effect at this point!

So the "save as" worked!!
but the game won't load, even thought it worked when I did edit in game from CAW. The link below shows what happens when I try to load the game.

https://i.gyazo.com/15fccba204a8d22...0f5d506cf89.mp4

I'm welcome to any other recommendations if there are any! I feel like a nuisance at this point!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 10:14 AM
What is the file size of the installed world file, and how does it compare to the EA worlds and others that you have created? Any indications that it's not complete in some way? Also, you did package it up and install it correctly, so that you have a reference in the DCCache folder?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 3:09 PM
What is the file size of the installed world file, and how does it compare to the EA worlds and others that you have created? Any indications that it's not complete in some way? Also, you did package it up and install it correctly, so that you have a reference in the DCCache folder?

It worked! I forgot to export it (since I was never able to make it to this step since it was always an error saving )

Thank you so much for all your help, I really appreciate it!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 4:45 PM
Oh good, glad it worked!