Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 11:58 PM
Weird Visual Glitch CAW
Hi guys, I started to create a world in CAW and after a few days into it, there was yellow all over my map. I didnt cared and assumed that would just appear when I was on CAW, but after I Exported the world to play test, it was there yet. I'll put a picture of it

[IMG][/IMG]

I've check the chunk borders to see if I used too many types of textures, but no.

Also noticed that it deppends of where's my camera. For exemple, once i moved her, the glitch also change where it appears

To top it all, when I painted under trees and some paths, I got this weird black thing around the area, witch also happend in other lots and regions

Anyways, I know it was a lot, but I'm hopping to get some help because I was really enjoying the process and wanted to put the world up for dowload later...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 2:20 AM
Oh yikes! I have never had those issues so am of no help and hope someone else has some ideas. I do like your world a lot and hope you can find solutions to these problems. I am assuming you have googled to see if anyone else has had these issues?
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 3:59 AM
It definitely looks like something is giving up in terms of rendering.
Do the issues move/change when closing and rebooting CAW, or do they remain permanently baked into the world?

The former would have me lean towards a hardware performance issue, while the latter would be more like corruption / some kind of errored textures within the project.

Do you have any backup of the world from before the issue appeared? It may be worth experimenting with to see if you can find what triggered this to happen. If not, you could try moving the project folder to a safe location and reinstalling CAW.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 8:45 AM
What files do you use as terrain paints?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Sep 2023 at 11:01 AM
There are some things to try in these threads:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5717792
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5172746
Also, check you aren't using more than 8 textures per chunk.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 12:17 AM
So, I tested a few things. I was able to recover older backups from my bin and it looks like it has something to do with the grass textures I used. Here's a pic of my versions '0.8' and '0.9' when i added them

Main textures I used were taken from the ea files, worlds like Twinbrook and Isla Paradiso...

But back to my present version, when I crank up the 'detail transition distance' = no yellow. When I low down = yes yellow.

So for now I'll try to mess with the textures and use others to see what happends.
Thanks for the response so far, i'll be back with the results
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
What files do you use as terrain paints?

Only the ones that came with CAW and a fe;w from other ea worlds like Twinbrook and Isla paradiso.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Oh yikes! I have never had those issues so am of no help and hope someone else has some ideas. I do like your world a lot and hope you can find solutions to these problems. I am assuming you have googled to see if anyone else has had these issues?

I did, but don't find nothing really. But, hey, glad you liked so far. I'll try to post around here when I upload.