Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#401 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 10:28 PM
Those sunset pictures are stunning!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#402 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:40 PM
Thanks for the comments
And I've updated the first post!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#403 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:29 AM
Amazing as always!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#404 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 8:12 PM
Wow this is such a beautiful world! Sorry if this has already been said but is there a download for it yet? I'd really love to play in this world, it looks so amazing!
Mad Poster
#405 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Wow this is such a beautiful world! Sorry if this has already been said but is there a download for it yet? I'd really love to play in this world, it looks so amazing!

You can see from the bird's eye view it is about half done.
Mad Poster
#406 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:38 PM
I'd like to point out that it has been made available before; the version I have is only about 1/4th done. I don't remember if Nilxis put it out for beta testing or if he just sent it to me in particular, but I've played in it and it was already an absolute spectacle despite the relatively small footprint. Uranesia is such an intricate world that at less than a third of it's intended size (minus quite a bit of map space taken up by water), it already feels just as big as most other worlds. I've also played in Ziwa Blonde, another one of his worlds, and I remember it seeming abnormally large as well.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#407 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
And I guess you have also noticed the new waterfalls I've created. The big one is inspired by Angel Falls in Venezuela. On top of the cliffs I'll create the Great Jungle.

Any chance you might be building some ancient tombs using the TS4 to TS3 conversions by Sandy? :lovestruc
https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...utdoor_15.shtml

The kids of tommorrow don't need today,
when they live in the sins of yesterday...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#408 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:24 PM
Hi, sorry for the late replies!

@zoe22, as daisylee and GrijzePilion have said the world is not finished yet, but I'm glad you like it so far
@GrijzePilion, I only sent it privately to a few people, but yeah that was a long time ago and now the world is much bigger. I'm very happy you felt like that about Uranesia (and Ziwa Bonde!), Sims 3 maps are actually very small, but still I always try to make my worlds feel a bit real scale-wise, so thank you for your words
@Yuiri, thank you for the suggestion! If I need new objects for the buildings in the wild areas I might use some stuff from there.

Field Researcher
#409 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:10 PM
I just want to say... WOW!

The detail you are putting into this is unbelievable. I could never create something like this. It is well planned out too. Quite impressive. If Sims 3 Store had made this it would easily had over cost 30 bucks (or 3,000 simspoints) .

Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep up the good work!
Theorist
#410 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:06 PM
To those with the testing version, how does slowing down time with NRaas Relativity affect the sky? Does the planet pop back and forth when you do that? I’m suspecting it does. I normally use Relativity speed set at 4 which can make night skies look a bit weird as I’m sure some of you have noticed.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#411 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:24 PM
@Goodywood, thank you so much
@tizerist, I've never tried this mod but I'd like to know too, I can try it someday.

UPDATE TIME!

If you have been checking my tumblr page, you know that lately I've been working on the wild areas of the world. The wild areas are the places that haven been barely explored (or not explored at all) by the inhabitants in the city or by the Pirates. These are going to be very mysterious areas, with lots to discover, so in the next updates I'm not going to be showing a lot of details that would spoil these surprises. But still, I've got things to show, so here we go:

That's all for now, I hope I'm able to post new stuff soon!

Field Researcher
#412 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 1:38 AM
I love the distance you have put between the main settlement and the pirate settlement, it gives your sims the motivation to explore! The birds look amazing, as does everything else of course, and this altar looks just perfect, sinister and beautiful at the same time. The terrain changes look stunning and very natural :lovestruc

Always love your updates
Mad Poster
#413 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 3:54 PM
The forests look amazing as usual! Love how lush it looks.

Are you making any new Speedtree trees?
Mad Poster
#414 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 2:04 PM
Can I just say, I love how much 'nothing' there is. It's a big mysterious island with a jungle on it, so it wouldn't make sense to cram temples and settlements into every corner of it. I'd love to go explore the jungle sometime and maybe find little tidbits around it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#415 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 8:08 PM
@simsmidgen, thank you so much for your comment!

@jje1000, thanks I actually have never used speedtree! Most of the trees are recolors, and the ones I added most recenty are these ones (also recolored): https://architectural-sims.tumblr.c...-ts4-conversion

@GrijzePilion
Quote:
so it wouldn't make sense to cram temples and settlements into every corner of it

Exactly! Like you say, it's not that there's nothing in the jungle, it's just something different.

Test Subject
#416 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Tigrezki : 23rd Dec 2018 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I have new ideas
Ah, Uranesia so amazingly beautiful! I have been following this topic for a year or even more. Love it! I think it's amazing to work out the details. I can't wait to play in this town.
And though I say so, I don't want to rush you. It is better if you work long and work well than if you do everything hastily.
What am I waiting for? I really want to Uranesia there were a lot of tombs! I love them in Sims 3, but there are very few tombs in the game. I have completed all quests and tombs, and all hope for Uranesia. More tombs to the God of tombs! Small and big, tiny abandoned houses and giant tombs of the dead kings! Too bad Sims doesn't have caves.
I'd also like a lot of secrets (little and big!) and gathering places! I want to find interesting things everywhere. Precious stones, insects, animals!
Speaking of animals. What about stables?
I also have an unfinished cat head for sim. It works like hair. I can finish this and create a sim with this head. Something like a goddess, maybe? I know, I know, the cat goddess was in the religion of ancient Egypt. But we can make our own!
Or she's a cursed recluse living in the deep jungle. She's half a cat because of the curse. And no one knows, whom she was before: someone says, that cat, and someone, that human. Maybe she's a witch who put a curse on herself because she was wrong about witchcraft?
(Sorry for my English, translation was done by translator (thanks, Google!). Yes, this city is expected in many countries)
===========
Update, haha
And again returning to topic animals: they after all there must be, I think. What are their colors? After all, if the world is fantastic, then the animals can be unusual. Also, since there's a place to dye fabrics, maybe make a winery somewhere? Since the climate is tropical, the grapes will probably grow well. Or not grapes, wine can be made from other fruits.
Mad Poster
#417 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 8:11 AM
"Uranesians don't venture into the Jungle because they believe it's cursed and full of spirits. Here the priests and priestesses of the graveyard temple make offerings to the spirits of the Jungle so they don't use their powers against them."

Love this idea. I hope I have a Sim brave enough to explore these areas.
dodgy builder
#418 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 5:41 PM
How funny, and what a nice shape on your island. It looks very much like a tropical vulcanic island. Very realistic. Great work
Mad Poster
#419 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:32 AM
Hope we have an update soon!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#420 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 11th Mar 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Hi everyone, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates and the late replies, I'm coming with a new update but first I'm going to reply to your comments:

@Tigrezki, thanks for the nice words, I'm glad to read that
Quote:
I really want to Uranesia there were a lot of tombs! I love them in Sims 3, but there are very few tombs in the game. I have completed all quests and tombs, and all hope for Uranesia.

Uranesia is going to have a decent amount of tombs, but they will not be independent tombs, everything is going to be interconnected as part of the challenge, and that will allow you to learn about the history of Uranesia and beyond, as well as discovering the secrets and mysteries that the island hides

Quote:
Too bad Sims doesn't have caves.

Uranesia does have some caves! I've posted some pictures here in some of the updates, here's one, for example: here

Quote:
Speaking of animals. What about stables? And again returning to topic animals: they after all there must be, I think. What are their colors? After all, if the world is fantastic, then the animals can be unusual.

I decided there was going to be only a few animals in the city, cats and dogs only, so no stables. Horses can be tricky with routing, and also due to the steep terrain Uranesia is not the most suitable place for horses or other big animals. However the wild areas are going to be richer in wildlife, both in quantity and variety. Color-wise there will be a little bit of everything, since this world is only semi-fantasy there will be some unusual colors, but nothing too extreme.

Quote:
Also, since there's a place to dye fabrics, maybe make a winery somewhere? Since the climate is tropical, the grapes will probably grow well. Or not grapes, wine can be made from other fruits.

There is already a farming area with a farming center, and also a lot where the "water of Uranesia" is produced. You can read more about it in these updates here and here

And finally, I don't think I understand what you mean with the cat goddess Is that something you want to make for yourself?

@daisylee
Quote:
Love this idea. I hope I have a Sim brave enough to explore these areas.

YES! Get the courage from wherever you can, because the jungle needs to be explored

@Volvenom
Quote:
How funny, and what a nice shape on your island. It looks very much like a tropical vulcanic island. Very realistic. Great work

Thank you And I'm very glad you say this because even though I wanted a volcanic shape since the beginning, I had also sculpted a lot of areas like plateaus, so it's been hard to shape it all in a way that still looks volcanic.

NEW UPDATE

This new update is a bit like the previous one, focused on the landscapes. Like in the previous update too, I'm not posting everything I've made so far, but I wanted to clarify that I'm keeping some things a "secret" not only for the sake of not showing absolutely everything and thus leaving room for you to explore the world yourselves (which is something I always do), but also because this stuff I'm hiding contains key information for the challenge and the tomb system I have in mind, so I'm talking about huge spoilers. With that being said, let's move on to the pictures:

As always, I hope you like it, but opinions and suggestions are welcome!

Mad Poster
#421 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:16 PM
This is looking amazing! Can't wait to try it out one day.
Scholar
#422 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 9:44 PM
Another incredible update! I love the amount of detail going into this world, including the backstory. Everything about this update is inspirational but those coral reefs are truly spectacular. I have so much love for this world.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#423 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:24 PM
I’m really close to speechless here. You have done such an astounding job with this world so far! I adore looking at and taking pictures of the scenery and landscaping of worlds in the game, and everything in this world is breathtaking. Simply beautiful.

You’ve done a really great job
Instructor
#424 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 10:31 PM
The coral reefs really are perfect I really like the distant terrain too! Can't wait to see the volcano fully sculpted and painted. This will be the best world in the simming history I am sure

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
#425 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 1:29 AM
Stunning! That sky is gorgeous! And the water looks like yummy blueberry KoolAid!

:lovestruc
Page 17 of 22