Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2017 at 9:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Digital Expansion Pack Missing From My Origin Game Library
Hello, I never seen this before happen to anyone's Origin before. but today it just happened to me. I have The Sims 3, used to have all of the expansions and have two stuff packs, which are still in my game library. On Friday, when I went to launch my game, where I saw a pop-up in the launcher saying Explore new features, I don't know what it said but it's this message will come up if you installed a new expansion on patch 1.69. The last time I installed a new expansion was in March. However, two of my packs were unticked from the list, which were Fast Lane Stuff, and Showtime, one of the packs I got back March. However, luckily those two packs are still installed and are still in my Origin library. Though I didn't notice at the time, I now know that Pets is missing from my Origin library, more on that later. Let's continue on how it got to this point. Today, I got a message in game saying, some items have been replaced, something like that. I just thought that the same two packs were just unticked, which fixed the warning coming up. However, I wanted my sim to buy a computer as he had the money to. But when I entered Build & Buy Mode to that, I noticed the Pet's icon was missing from the categories section.

I quickly saved my game and the first thing I did is launch cmd and type in WMIC and then I typed in diskdrive get status, just in case my hard drive was on it's last legs. The results were OK across the board. The next thing I checked is to see if Pets was checked. I then noticed that Pets was not there, nor checked or unchecked. So I had a look in my Origin library and I didn't see Pets there are all. The weird thing though was that my game wasn't acting too weirdly, as I have mods in there and your game can do weird stuff on you if you install, uninstall or patch the game if their still in there. The most important thing is that I didn't click remove from game library, I can 100% confirm that.

I bought Pets & Showtime at a third party website called CDKey Direct as where I'm living, Ireland. you have to be 16 to get an adult account on Origin. However, I'm only 14, so I can't get access to the store or update the FIFA database, as I also own FIFA 17, though I'm old enough to still play the game. But Showtime is still in my game library, which I bought from the same site. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them, but if it did happen to you, let me know. Also please help me with this issue if you can so we can resolve it together.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st May 2017 at 10:14 PM
There are many players reporting issues with Origin not showing all of the games and packs installed through it and clearly still on the players' hard drives, with the effect for TS3 in particular that random packs just aren't available for loading at startup. It's happening to players of other games installed through Origin as well, the reports are all over the EA forum and its Answers/HQ boards. The culprit seems to be the most recent Origin update of a few days ago; EA is "investigating."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:52 PM
Thanks for telling me about that as I didn't know. Though, however all other games such as FIFA 17 and The Sims 4 are showing up fine in my game library. But i do remember that I got a message saying cloud storage not available when I did try and launch FIFA 17, one of my other games yesterday evening.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved in a few days and my game will be back to normal again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:12 PM
From what the advisors are telling players on the EA Answers HQ board, you may need to contact EA Customer Support by chat/phone or whatever options they offer in your area to rectify this sooner. The latest Origin update seems to be kicking up false positive TOS violations that are each (slowly) being investigated, with the promise that legitimate registrations will be restored. But for that to happen all by itself rather than reporting them may take a very long time, if it ever does.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:57 PM
The New Origin update came out today and the issue still persists. And I did see a forum user saying they got an email back from EA saying that their key was taken from their account due to a changeback, though they bought it from a third party website, like me.

However, the weird thing is that they would have also taken away my Showtime key as I bought it at the same site as Pets at the same time https://www.cdkeydirect.com/

Though, I didn't get my mother to get in touch with EA yet, I will ask her to do it tomorrow when she's off
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hf29032003
The New Origin update came out today and the issue still persists. And I did see a forum user saying they got an email back from EA saying that their key was taken from their account due to a changeback, though they bought it from a third party website, like me.

However, the weird thing is that they would have also taken away my Showtime key as I bought it at the same site as Pets at the same time https://www.cdkeydirect.com/

Though, I didn't get my mother to get in touch with EA yet, I will ask her to do it tomorrow when she's off

If your account has been flagged by EA as a potential TOS violation, then I'm afraid that no combination of Origin updates or reinstalls is going to help. It means that your usage of this license is blocked on the EA end, on purpose, and they are the only ones who can explain why or what you need to do/purchase to get unblocked. Most of these blocks are turning out not to be "false positives," they are purchases from unauthorized resellers. We have no idea why EA is being so selective about all of this and not communicating what is happening to their customers properly, but I'm afraid they are within their rights to rescind those licenses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
I agree, I think it could be a TOS violation. However, I checked the forum again and most of the people, who posted within the last 24 hrs have bought their games from Ebay, which makes sense as Origin charges you €39.99 for one expansion, that's crazy for an 8 year old game. While other marketplaces such as G2A, CD Keys Direct, Amazon and Ebay sell them at there respectable prices.

But there's answers that EA have to clarify. Firstly, if there was a change to the TOS, why didn't they tell us about it? Because they want to make more money? We don't know. And lastly, why is it really only effecting the Sims 3 I've been seeing? I bought my Sims 3 Pets and Showtime from the completely same website in the completely same transaction, which I mentioned a couple of times before.
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 4:31 PM
I purchased University Life and Island Paradise through Origin. My computer crashed and I had to re-install everything. However, when I tried to install these two expansion packs, it showed that I didn't own them. I contacted Origin and they changed it so that I can download it, but after hours telling me that it downloaded, it does not download into the Electronic Arts Directory and the packs are not playable in Origin either.

I uninstalled my base game and installed it through Origin to see if that would help, but when I tried to run the super patch, it told me the base game was not installed. I went to Electronic Arts directory and could only find some files there.

I uninstalled it again and re-installed it from the disk. Now I am unable to resume my game with all the other expansion packs. Is there a way I can link the newly installed base game to my existing expansion packs, or do I have to re-install all of them?

Also, is there someone who can help me with the installation problem of the University Live and Island Paradise as I really would like to play with them, but I don't want to buy them again through Origin.

I noticed last night that there are a lot of Qt5 dll files in my Origin directory. I don't know if it should be there or not. I have Python and PyQt installed on my PC. Could that be the reason the two expansion packs does not install correctly as it sees the Qt5 files and the goes bezerk?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:01 AM
Although Origin is supposed to be able to manage mixed disc and Origin digital installs, it does sometimes fail pretty hard at doing so. But Origin installed base games and EPs (not the disc installs) don't usually go into the Electronic Arts folder in Programs, they usually land in Origin Games. The EPs often show up in sub-folders by number, so EP01 instead of World Adventures, etc.

The EA SuperPatcher is supposed to be for Patch 1.67 installs only, so that means disc installs. It's not meant to be run on Origin installs at all, as of Jan 2016 or so Origin handles the patching with no choices given and brings the level up to 1.69. Forcing a downpatch that way will often break the install.

This is all assuming we are talking about a Windows install. On Macs it all works a bit differently as there is no Patch 1.69 for the Mac version.

Still assuming Windows, at this point I would suggest uninstalling everything, first the EP/SPs then the base game, clean the Registry with a tool such as the free version of Piriform's CCleaner, and start again.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:36 PM
I am having a similar issue with pets. It is listed as installed on Origin but won't show up in the launcher. Started when I removed Supernatural from the game as I got sick of the zombies. I have reinstalled supernatural but no pets, have uninstalled the game a couple of times, no pets, have uninstalled origin, no pets. I am out of ideas, if I click on repair then nothing happens, if I click on pets it tells me I need the base game installed, go back to the base game to repair nothing changes. I have been in touch with origin but get no reply. Tried buying a disc on ebay but that hasn't arrived. Anyone got any ideas?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puddycat
I am having a similar issue with pets. It is listed as installed on Origin but won't show up in the launcher. Started when I removed Supernatural from the game as I got sick of the zombies. I have reinstalled supernatural but no pets, have uninstalled the game a couple of times, no pets, have uninstalled origin, no pets. I am out of ideas, if I click on repair then nothing happens, if I click on pets it tells me I need the base game installed, go back to the base game to repair nothing changes. I have been in touch with origin but get no reply. Tried buying a disc on ebay but that hasn't arrived. Anyone got any ideas?

If you suspect that something related to your account is under investigation by EA, or that they just need to reset something on their end to allow Pets to be unblocked again which also happens sometimes, then you require a real time conversation with Customer Support. That can be by way of online chat or a telephone callback, depending upon what's available in your country and timezone. It's not usually something they can do by exchanging messages in any way.