Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 7:57 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Haven't played in awhile and I get this message about my mods and game version on startup
So I haven't played Sims 3 in quite awhile and today I finally decided to play it again after so long. But when I tried to start it up today, I get the following message:

I'm pretty sure my mods are up to date with my game version (1.67) and the only things I can think of that I touched at some point was this mod that gives you more potions (I removed it for reasons I stated in the comments of that mod; it causes Elixir Stores to have an error attempting to load the items for sale listings at least 2 times when you play a file per game session) and my NRaas mods (which are up to date as well).

I'm not sure what to do, as I fear if I click Continue the game will bug out my saves and whatnot.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 8:58 AM
That message means you have a Core Mod in particular that does not match your game's patch level. There are only five TS3 Core Mods in common usage, unless you have created your own (sounds like not the case), it must be one of these provided you don't have a broken installation. Other mods and forms of CC cannot throw that error message.

NRaas ErrorTrap - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. Both are considered "current." There is a special version for 1.67 Steam installs.
NRaas UntranslatedKey - Current version is for 1.67 only (this is mostly for developers).
CmarNYC's XCAS - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. There is a special version for 1.67 Steam installs.
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. Both are current. Consort does not provide a special version for Steam so those of who use this mod on a Steam install must put up with accepting the risk (there really is none).
AwesomeMod - The current version is compatible with both 1.67 and 1.69.

The danger isn't with the 1.67/69/Steam mismatches, because once you get past the different internal build numbers, the game files are exactly the same. The danger is if you are on 1.67/69/Steam and have an older than this Core Mod in play. Or if you are on an earlier patch level, 1.63 or prior, and have a newer Core Mod in play. Then the difference in game files goes much deeper and can cause serious game corruption if played through.

To make the warning stop appearing, make sure you do not have a 1.69 Core Mod in place for a Patch 1.67 game and that you aren't mixing up the Steam vs. Non-Steam versions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That message means you have a Core Mod in particular that does not match your game's patch level. There are only five TS3 Core Mods in common usage, unless you have created your own (sounds like not the case), it must be one of these provided you don't have a broken installation. Other mods and forms of CC cannot throw that error message.

NRaas ErrorTrap - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. Both are considered "current." There is a special version for 1.67 Steam installs.
NRaas UntranslatedKey - Current version is for 1.67 only (this is mostly for developers).
CmarNYC's XCAS - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. There is a special version for 1.67 Steam installs.
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness - There are different versions for 1.67 and 1.69. Both are current. Consort does not provide a special version for Steam so those of who use this mod on a Steam install must put up with accepting the risk (there really is none).
AwesomeMod - The current version is compatible with both 1.67 and 1.69.

The danger isn't with the 1.67/69/Steam mismatches, because once you get past the different internal build numbers, the game files are exactly the same. The danger is if you are on 1.67/69/Steam and have an older than this Core Mod in play. Or if you are on an earlier patch level, 1.63 or prior, and have a newer Core Mod in play. Then the difference in game files goes much deeper and can cause serious game corruption if played through.

To make the warning stop appearing, make sure you do not have a 1.69 Core Mod in place for a Patch 1.67 game and that you aren't mixing up the Steam vs. Non-Steam versions.

Could be ErrorTrap as I don't use the other mods you listed (unless other NRaas mods such as Traveler/etc. on patch 1.69 while the game is 1.67 could also do this). My game isn't the Steam version either.

I thought you could use the latest NRaas mods on patch 1.67, huh.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:06 AM Last edited by igazor : 11th Oct 2017 at 12:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl
I thought you could use the latest NRaas mods on patch 1.67, huh.

You can. The latest version of ErrorTrap is v100. There is a Patch 1.67 release of ErrorTrap v100 and a Patch 1.69 release of ErrorTrap v100. Someday ErrorTrap v101 will be developed. We will at that time provide Patch 1.67 and 1.69 (and Steam) releases of v101 when it becomes relevant.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Patch167
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Patch169

The 1.69 release isn't better or more advanced than the 1.67 release. It just accounts for the correct build number in the patched game files.

Functionally speaking, there is no difference between the two patch levels once the game gets started up and is running. There is therefore no difference between the two (three if we count the one for Steam) releases of ErrorTrap v100 except that they each account for the different internal build numbers.

All of the other NRaas mods, except UntranslatedKey, don't need special versions for 1.67 vs. 1.69 because they are not Core Mods.