Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 9:20 PM
Locating World Lot Files
It's been impossible for me to find information on this considering the only results I get are related to help downloading house lots for the game.

I stepped away from TS4 for a few years and have since acquired a new PC. I backed up some of my TS4 files, but I really don't know how to go about putting them into a new installation of the game. What I'm really focusing on is finding the files that will copy over the world lots and builds I was working on in my old install.

Can someone help direct me to what files I should be looking for in regards to copying over past world/lot builds onto a new file installation?

I was making my own builds on lots of the worlds and want to copy those over to a new install of the game, if that makes sense. I don't know what I'm looking for in regards to the game's files, though.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outfoxy
It's been impossible for me to find information on this considering the only results I get are related to help downloading house lots for the game.

I stepped away from TS4 for a few years and have since acquired a new PC. I backed up some of my TS4 files, but I really don't know how to go about putting them into a new installation of the game. What I'm really focusing on is finding the files that will copy over the world lots and builds I was working on in my old install.

Can someone help direct me to what files I should be looking for in regards to copying over past world/lot builds onto a new file installation?

I was making my own builds on lots of the worlds and want to copy those over to a new install of the game, if that makes sense. I don't know what I'm looking for in regards to the game's files, though.

To move builds that were saved in your gallery, copy the files in the tray folder from the old backup to the new installation
To move builds in your saved games, copy the files in the saves folder from the old backup to the new installation (this will restore your previously saved games and allow you to continue playing them as well)