Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 5:07 PM
CC and mods won´t show up
Hello, I installed Sims 4 base game a couple months ago. I had used it in the past but never had time for it so I deleted it. However base game runs perfectly fine, I tried playing with CC and mods because my friend recommended me to. I searched for some mods and started dowloading a few (not more than three or four). I put extracted them, put them in the Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods file and ran the game. I also had the options 'activate script mods' on but whenever I run the game it won´t show any CC or mods.

I'm working from a Lenovo laptop (Ryzen 5, windows 11, 500gb). I have the resource.cfg file inside, everything seems to be fine. But it just won´t show them.

Please help! I really like sims but it's a bit boring without the cc now that I know about it.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:18 PM
You did not receive any pop up script mods installed at all? That's odd. Try playing the game offline if it helps.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 12:28 AM
Could you provide a screenshot of the install location of the mods as well? It may just be a small detail in need of correcting

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 4:14 PM
Mods go to [Your Libraries]/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. Sorry I couldn't provide the screenshot since I'm away from my Mac.

Here's a YouTube video how to install mods:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=V7wiOIVifSM

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes