Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#676 Old 28th May 2016 at 1:38 PM
It's been a while, but I'm still playing!

My main Widespot is sort of stalled out at the moment, because I'm not quite ready for what's due to happen next, but here's a looooong recap under the cut:

Because I'm dreading going into that Widespot, I'm playing around in another one - Veronaville with an attached Widespot RFD and Sim State. I'm going less by sim wants there, more by a plot that's developing in my head, but I'll save that story for later because I'm all typed out now.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#677 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Felicia1066 : 16th Jul 2016 at 1:08 PM.
So. This new neighborhood combo I mentioned in my previous post, Veronaville/Widespot/Sim State.

And that's where the 'hood is currently sitting, after four played one-day rounds.
Mad Poster
#678 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM
This is pretty much gold from beginning to end but ROFLMAO at the dog version of Junior!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#679 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 3:05 AM
My obsession to add a beachlot in every hood.. lowered the terrain enough to fit 2 Widespot Marina and Widespot Marketplace, what sells fruits, veggies and fish, owned by now an elder Rocky Beech (I forgot to put the pic of Rocky in my dropbox, so I'll add it when home)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#680 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 4:14 PM
More on my Veronaville/Widespot:

Rambling character thoughts:

Yeah, that's my mental view of the Widespotties. Anyone else have a different one?
Mad Poster
#681 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 2:19 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 8th Nov 2016 at 2:29 PM.
Random question: Peni, what were Beulah, Lana, Angel and Sandy's maiden names?
Mad Poster
#682 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 2:30 PM
I hadn't picked one. There aren't any other puns that go with it, so anything that sounded good to you would do.

The fact that Beulah means "married" might take you somewhere, I suppose.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#683 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 7:45 PM
How about Beulah Bays, Angel Falls, and Lana Cane? Someone already came up with Shores for Sandy.
Field Researcher
#684 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 9:51 PM
I recently started playing again, and it's full of drama. I post the details on my tumblr as anaticula-ana, but here's a quick rundown of round one.

Beech: Sandy found out she was pregnant and while buying a pregnancy test ran into Beulah. Panicking she claimed the test was for Virginia. Not realizing the Virginia was dating her son Scot, Beulah spread the rumor around town that Virginia is expecting. Quite a shock for her when she found out Virginia is dating Scot. Sandy has been avoiding Rhett. She only slept with him because she felt Hamilton wasn't paying enough attention tot he family, while Rhett constantly flattered her. Eventually she gave in to him. She has not told anyone she is expecting because Hamilton had a vasectomy shortly after Rocky was born, so that whole town will know she cheated. Daytona believes that Virginia is expecting and is ignoring her. Hamilton is oblivious to everything. Virginia told him she's never woohooed with anyone so he believes her. Virginia recently told her mom that she knows about the baby.

Hart: Rhett doesn't realize Sandy is expecting. He's focused on his music career. Which means he has a guitar, occasionally practices, and posts online about how he is an awesome rock star. Val has figured out Mary is expecting and has promised to marry her. She'll be moving in with him soon and there will be a wedding. He would rather be single, but he grew up in a time where when you got a woman pregnant you did the RIGHT THING, which means marry her if you or single or pay her off not to tell your wife if you are married. Candy has informed Junior that they are getting married and moving downtown without telling his mother. If he disagrees she will make his life hell. Goldie is trying to get her dad's attention.

Mann: Rich is still working and has no intention of retiring any time soon. He is putting pressure on Junior to have a son for him to hand the empire over too as Junior has decided to pursue a career in media as opposed to being a criminal. Lana is raising attack dogs. She has two doberman pups she's training and will be selling their security services soon. Junior does all the local media and he doesn't do it well at all. But he is trying. He's half in love with Mary and scared of Candy, but he's not sure if he can choose her over his mom. He was going to propose to Mary on Lana's orders, but she and Val got engaged first.

Land: Homer and Beulah own the local general store. They also both have jobs, which means Mary has been running the store. The don't know who they will put in charge now that she's leaving to get married and have a baby. Should they call Dixie home from college or can they have Scot run it after school. Or should one of them quit work to focus on the store. Mary took maters into her own hands and proposed to Val when Candy suggested it. She doesn't like Candy, but is glad she convinced her to tell Val about the pregnancy. Dixie is loving college, and is having a blast. Scot is working up the courage to kiss Virginia (I can't remember if he was originally supposed to be dating Virginia or Goldie and set him up with Virginia in my head, so now he better ask her out on a date). River and Delta are pestering their parents for a pet.

Weiss: Penny adopted Danny and Sarah Critter and the family is training them. She wants to work for SCIA, but is waiting for her background check to go through, which takes a few months. Most likely it'll be after she has the babies before she can get in. Skye plans to retire to look after the babies as he doesn't trust Rhett at all and refuses to allow him on the property. Woody alternates between playing with the dogs and daydreaming about dating girls. So far he has failed at every romantic interaction.
Field Researcher
#685 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:10 PM
Isn't Dixie fun to play at college? What a girl!
Mad Poster
#686 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 10:41 PM
@Peni:
In order to get through this most traumatic election, I've put your Widespot into my game.

The itinerant madness ought to distract me while I'm recovering from the shock.

But I'll be darned if I can come up with some suitable names for the babies...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#687 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 11:48 PM
(Hugs.)
Fortunately, lots of people have already named them.

Also fortunately, pun names are by no means required, though people seem to really get into doing it.

Mad Poster
#688 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 7:58 AM
Unfortunately, I discovered Widespot was causing a conflict with the Uberhood Marka made me. I think the problem is the Uberhood took the place of the original Veronaville, and was named n003. Widespot was n1003. This wasn't the first hood with which it conflicted. So, I had to remove it. I'm sorry. It was a fun little hood, and I loved the story line you wrote.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#689 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:17 PM
What?
Widespot is named PGWS. How on earth did it get N1003? That's not even the standard protocol - it's five characters, not four.

Field Researcher
#690 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 2:44 PM
The Widespot kids are pretty fun in Uni. I usually rush through it because it lasts so long compared to my other houses, but they add lots of good stuff to it. Names can be tricky I think last time I had: Atlantic and Pacific Beech, Nickle and Dime as Penny's kids. Valli, Lovie, Dovie, and Richard III for the Mann/Land/Hart children (Mary married Junior in that version and they raised a ton of kids together, might have had more than these four, but that's all I remember right off.) I know that Dixie had a kid or two, but I cannot remember what I named her. Maybe Daisy? I have to come up with new names for this round as I don't want to use the same ones.
Mad Poster
#691 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
What?
Widespot is named PGWS. How on earth did it get N1003? That's not even the standard protocol - it's five characters, not four.

I don't have a clue; I wish I did know. I was kind of established in Widespot. All I know is that once before I tried to restore a hood (still trying after my horrible introduction to all the ways windows 10 tries to destroy the game), and Widespot went away. I downloaded a fresh version and put it in and lost Belladonna Cove which I still haven't found because I don't know it's number.

When I put in the uberhood, it didn't show up. So I downloaded a fresh version, and took a look at the numerical identifiers to be sure there was not a duplicate anywhere. I noted the N1003 and the PGWS, but didn't think they could be the problem. Nevertheless I took out the numerical one, left in the PGWS, and still no uberhood. It was only after removing the PGWS that my hood finally showed up.

So there's a conflict, and I'm heartbroken about it. But since it's something to do with the two custom hoods, I doubt it will show up again for anyone else.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#692 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 3:37 PM
Ugh, that's weird. What happens if you attach a Widespot RFD subhood? (Obviously use a test hood for this, back up first, etc., if you decide to spend more time figuring this out.)

I wonder if it would help to change the UID in SimPE before starting to play it?

This may be a Windows 10 problem, in which case there's no way for me to research solutions. But something about Widespot must be creating a vulnerability to whatever stupidity Windows 10 is pulling on it. Does this happen with other player-made hoods? Do we need to add a step to the process?

If you or anybody else out there can look into this, it would be a public service.

Mad Poster
#693 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 6:36 PM
Oh, it's a windows 10 problem, for sure. It has played havoc with all my hoods. Most were just absolutely gone when my son finally got it working, including most of of the defaults. I tried to remove all of them and have the game generate new ones, but got a hood with absolutely no hoods at all. Since then, I have gotten a few of them working and Widespot was one.

Mad Poster
#694 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 7:44 PM
Try removing SecuROM. Leefish has a thread about it, which like an idiot I didn't bookmark, but apparently a lot of Windows 10 problems are directly a result of SecuROM, and I think it had something to do with neighborhoods borking up.

Mad Poster
#695 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 7:52 PM
Windows 10 dropped its support for SecuROM. It's a good thing in the long-run (SecuROM embeds itself so deep in the system it opens a lot of back-doors for viruses and the like) - not so good when you want to play games.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#696 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Try removing SecuROM. Leefish has a thread about it, which like an idiot I didn't bookmark, but apparently a lot of Windows 10 problems are directly a result of SecuROM, and I think it had something to do with neighborhoods borking up.

I found these two links which might help.

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5961
Field Researcher
#697 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:53 AM
My Veronaville/Widespot threw me a curve ball when Miranda Capp tried to fix the sorority trash compactor and got electrocuted to death. Her BFF and cousin Juliette tried to pleade with the Grim Reaper, but lost. So now I have to figure out what to do about this... Miranda was Goneril's heir - which she didn't want to be, lovely potential cause of conflict - she was one of the six kids Albany wants to marry off, and I had tentatively planned on hooking her up with River (rom/fort), who wants five top businesses just like Goneril and could be the one to take over hers. Now... well. This leaves Desdemona as the heiress, which is a much less dramatic situation, since she gets along well with Goneril and has a suitable prospective husband lined up in Rocky.

But... Hal, who resents Goneril as much as Miranda did, but was friends with his sister, has Paranormal as his LTW career. There's no way he wouldn't resurrect Miranda, at least I can't think of a reason. (Perhaps this would even be the reason why he picks that career?) So I could go with that not happening until Desdemona is established as heir, and play out a conflict over that. Except Miranda didn't want to be heiress, and Goneril was only trying to force her into it because she was the Eldest Daughter and that's how it goes in the Capp family, so who would the drama come from? Desdemona? Alternatively, I could have Hal resurrect her in secret, not telling anybody (except maybe Albany, if he's left Goneril by then), and then play out a story of how death has changed Miranda. (Aspiration change, at a minimum, possibly doing the "not paying enough" resurrection so her personality is reversed.) She could change her face and her last name, live in Widespot where she wouldn't run into so many Capps... although inevitably someone would find out eventually, and then it becomes a question of whether they can be convinced to keep the secret.

In other news, I have something like eight or ten pregnancies, some of which are due Any Second Now (Heather/Ashley, Candy/Romeo, Bianca and either Junior or a pollinator), some halfway through (Dixie/Joshua, Goldie/Kevin, Allegra/Tybalt) and some very new (Mary/Consort again, Tiffany/Puck, Virginia and either Woody or Junior, possibly Brittany/Hamilton). Richard III just became a toddler and looks exactly like Junior, except with Bianca's brown hair, and possibly rounder cheeks, although that may just be the toddler stage. The Hartlet girls have just had their child birthdays and are getting ready for their first day of school. Desdemona (kn/pl) and Delta (pop/fam) are newly minted teens. Jane Stacks and Martin Ruben have graduated and are setting up house together, along with Jane's fiancèe Tina Young, the Science hobby leader. (Martin's going to be their sperm donor, but they'll probably also adopt a child or two; maybe they'll get a boy to balance out the all-girl-ness of the Hartlets.)

Kevin and Goldie threw a wedding party, inviting their Greek brothers and sisters as well as Goldie's family. A good time was had by all, and nobody commented on Goldie's maternity wear. (Well, she wasn't the only one wearing that!) Homer walked by halfway through in his uniform, just checking in. Dixie and Joshua, however, didn't get around to a wedding this time around, because she spent all of the energy she had on dragging herself off to work so she could get a promotion to Pro Party Guest. It's not her LTW, but she had the want, and who am I to deny her?

Virginia, still thoroughly messed up in the romance department, went on a trip downtown, where she proceeded to jump into a photo booth with both Junior and Woody, and when she came home she was throwing up. I guess I'll find out when the kid is born who the father is. Meanwhile, Woody at college has rerolled his aspiration at the end of sophomore year, and is now knowledge/pleasure and has made a commitment to Juliette. Hermia has come to college as well, and is already engaged to Scot. Juliette will graduate at the end of next round, which would leave Hermia alone at Tri Var now that Miranda is gone, so they're scouting for a pledge. There's Sam Thomas, although she and Hermia don't really get along so far, or I could send Sadie Wilkie and/or Viola Toyonaga to college, or maybe Vanessa the cheerleader or Heather the cow mascot. (Her name is Heather Love, she's a romance sim, and the cafeteria worker is also a romance sim with the last name Love who I could easily set as Heather's mother in SimPE, so that might make an interesting addition to the neighborhood...) Hal, Rocky and River have two more rounds in the neighborhood before going to uni, and Hal (pop) and River (rom) are both single, so... We'll see.
Mad Poster
#698 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
My Veronaville/Widespot.....

Your 'hood sounds amazing, now I really want to play a Veronaville/Widespot of my own! Which university/universities did you attach to it?
Mad Poster
#699 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I found these two links which might help.

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6688

http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5961

Okay, feeling better (post chemo) and up to answering. Peni, you have mentioned Securum a couple of times to me. And, RoxEllen, I read the helpful links you sent me. Here's my problem. This computer and accursed windows 10 are so wonky that I am honestly loathe to try anything at this point. The info I read said it was hard to find the right no cd crack because there are so many dodgy websites out there. I have UC. I'm not asking you guys to do any research for me, but do you happen to know a dependable place for me to get what I need?

Field Researcher
#700 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Your 'hood sounds amazing, now I really want to play a Veronaville/Widespot of my own! Which university/universities did you attach to it?

I've got it hooked up to Sim State, and it's worked great so far. I think my favorite pairing is Goldie Hart and Kevin Beare, although Brittany Upsnott and Hamilton Beech fascinate me, too. But ever since Land Grant University came out, I've been seriously tempted to play that somewhere - I kinda want to do Strangetown/Widespot/LGU at some point - but since I already have two Widespots, maybe not right now.
Page 28 of 32