Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:19 AM Last edited by whiterider : 13th Jul 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Default Tutorial: Add a decoslot to a door or animated object
This is small tut on how to add a deco slot to a door with TSRW

Tools you need:
TSRW: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/

S3PE: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1025.0. S3PE plugin for TSRW: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=193.0.

Atevera's s3pi wrappers: http://code.google.com/p/s3pi-wrappers/downloads/list.

Install TSRW.
Install s3PE.
Put the S3PE TSRW plugin in the extra's folder in TSRW's installation folder.
Extract the s3pi wrappers in the S3PE installation folder.

-Clone a door with TSRW
-Go to the slot tab and duplicate the existing cntm_0 slot
-click the new slot and open it with the tiny button on the right
* tick small, medium, large and decorative in the placement flags
* fill in a unique name for the namehash(decoslotdoor).
* fill in a unique name for the bonehash(decoslotdoor_00) and write down the name aswell)
* lift the slot in the Y box(middle one at the bottom) to 1,75(should be -0,5 on x if you copied the cntm_0 slot)
* close the popup
The slot should be in the middle of the door with a height at 1,75.

-click content projects in EDIT(top bar in TSRW)
- a popup will appear
- Right click the RIG file and choose ''open as package in s3PE''
You might have to browse to s3PE.exe the first time you use this plugin
-s3PE will open with the RIG file listed
-Right click the RIG file and choose RIG editor
- A popup will appear with all joints listed
* Right click the _bind_0_doorswing joint and click add, a new joint will be listed underneath it.
* Name that new joint after the Bonehash name you got earlier from editing the container slot(decoslotdoor_00)

Positioning the decoslotjoint:
For the slot you added you chose a height of Y=1,75 and X=-0,5
But since this slot is referenced to a parent joint it already has a offset in the RIG.
In my case the offset of the _bind_0_doorSwing_double(see screenshot)
So if i want the decoslot on 1,75 i have to recalculate its offset:
* To calculate the height(Y):
1,75-1,116090=0,63391
The doors hinge joint is 0.377234 of center so i fill in -0.377234 to bring it back.
To bring the slot forward you can edit the Z(you can get a offset by editing the decoslotcontainer in TSRW's slottab, then use the new value in the RIG)
* Fix the scaling value's, set them to 1 for each axis.
* click commit and save the file.

Note,

Sometimes the X and Z axis values need to be swapped, depending on how your mesh is positioned.
Very confusing....

I included my testdoor, it is however a ep2door(doorsinglesimple)

Credits,
Special thnx to CMO for helping me out and pointing me in the correct direction, thnx m8
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Doorsinglesimple_tutorialdoor.7z (28.3 KB, 40 downloads) - View custom content
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:25 AM
Reserved for adding a container slot to a object that doesn't have one
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:27 AM
reserved,
how to setup a deco object for the use with other objects slots.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 6:37 AM
reserved,
Scaling and other cool settings
Interstellar Traveler
#5 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 11:28 PM
What a neat tutorial! This is perfect for something I have planned! Thanks Bloom!

/me runs off to complete mischievous tasks with this tutorial

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:33 PM
hey guys, I'm having a problem with my door that I made with the help of this tut I tried it with the double slider door from the base game and other doors and they worked perfectly but there is a problem even with the tutorial door that is attached with the tut you can download the door and see what I'm talking about. If i put a deco object that can be viewed by the sims if the sim inside the room he will see the object and if the sim outside the room he will see the object too. the sim should view the object from out side the door not from inside it so I don't know is there a solution for this problem or this isn't problem and can't be fixed by the game coz the door is opened in the wall. Thx guys and hope you help me

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:45 PM
Having a hard time understanding your problem ... but, i think you are saying that the deco object can only be seen from the inside of the room?
have you tried rotating the door?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 11:37 PM
i might be wrong, but it seems to me that the deco object is inside the door itself, so you are seeing parts of the plant sticking out the front and back of the door. you would need to move the deco slot forward or backward to only have it on one side of the door I'd imagine. Again, just guessing.

I'm guessing you would want to use a deco object with a flat side if you only intend for it to show on one side.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 11:37 PM
Hi BloomsBase!
Thanks for your tutorial! I always wanted to know how to clone and add bones in objects. I didn't think that it is so simple!
Now I have a few questions.
1. How can I add slots for objects, if they have no slots? For example, the windows do not have the RLST file.
2. For example, I want to clone bones and slots that is responsible for position of sim on a sofa. Will these slots function in a game? Or does interaction need to be described yet somewhere?
P.S. Actually I tried to clone bones and slots that is responsible for position of sim on a sofa. And they don't worked. But I think that I do something wrong. Or interaction really must be described somewhere yet.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 12:16 AM
1, in theory you could add a rlst file and update it with some slots, just not sure if it will work ingame.(add a entry to the VPXY file.)
2 you can edit existing sitting or laying down slots but not add new ones as i am pretty sure they have a reference in the animation files
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
1, in theory you could add a rlst file and update it with some slots, just not sure if it will work ingame.(add a entry to the VPXY file.)
2 you can edit existing sitting or laying down slots but not add new ones as i am pretty sure they have a reference in the animation files

Thanks for the answer)
I tried add a rlst file to a window. But I can't add slots in the rslt file. S3PE gives out an error:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

About of the VPXY file I did not understand how there to add something.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 11:37 PM
It is easier to import a RLST file that already has the correct settings, take one from another object.
Fix its Instance/hash/group numbers aswell.

The VPXY file needs to be updated with a enry to the RLST file, have a look at a package that contains one already.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 12:18 AM
I tried to import a RLST file from another object. But I don't know how to change Instance/hash/group numbers. I mean, I don't know where to get the values for Instance/hash/group numbers.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 5:19 AM
Double click the RLST file:

The group name is 0000000
Type can be choosen from the drop down menu(RLST)
For the instance you fill in a name, tick use resource name then hit fnv64.
It generates a instance number.

The entrie you need to add is before the footprint entry in the vpxy file
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:02 PM
It worked! Thank you very much!
Now I have a new question.
Do I need to add new bones for these slots? Or not necessarily?
I usually don't add new bones in other objects. I just clone slots and I fill in a unique name for namehash and I change bonehash on 0x000000 and I change flags on necessary to me in TSRW program. But I may be wrong.