Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 5:03 AM
Default Start to Finish TS2 to TS3 Object Conversion Tutorial
Hi! I made this tutorial because I could not find a single source tutorial that told me every step I needed to convert a TS2 object mesh to a TS3 mesh.

There are a few out there that presume you already know some of the steps and they leave those out. Then there are tutorials to make a brand new TS3 mesh, and FAQ's and tid bits here and there, but not a specific 'start to finish' tute that covered every step. Hopefully this will help other users and we will start to see more great TS2 content converted to TS3.

I put it on the wiki so other people can clarify points that I missed, add content for products I did not use, upgrade for newer software versions, etc. I invite improvements and multiple authors. So, if someone wants to write the steps for Blender and Gimp, please do so and add them to this tutorial!

I used Simpe, S3OC, s3pe, Milkshape and Photoshop.

Get your tutorial here:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ersion_Tutorial

Moderators - if this is not the correct place for this, please move it. Thanks.
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 1:12 PM
I have a question (I am not sure this is the right place for it.. ) that for conversion of sims 2 accessories to sims 3 should I follow this tutorial?? I am trying to convert some weapons from TS2...

I am Fire...I am Life Incarnate...I am the PHOENIX!!!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dark_jean
I have a question (I am not sure this is the right place for it.. ) that for conversion of sims 2 accessories to sims 3 should I follow this tutorial?? I am trying to convert some weapons from TS2...

Sorry! I did not see our question until now.

Yes, you can use this as a base for any object conversion. Of course, you'll have to find a suitable object in TS3 that can carry the extra functions that you'll need. This tutorial was for an inanimate object conversion and one where you'd want to convert the textures as well as the shapes.