Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#451 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 2:40 AM
I'm technically already doing this in Strangetown lol

Nervous Subject and Bella Goth are married, Vidcund married Erin, Lazlo married Crystal

Circe had an affair with Vidcund and had his baby...

Alien babies everywhere...

yeah
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#452 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 6:36 AM
I'll be starting this in Riverblossom Hills, but since I enjoy playing my own legacies, after I've finished up the original character's storylines I may start incorporating my own families into the mix. I'm not going to do this in a set rotation or anything, just play whichever family I decide until I want to move on to the next one. Sticking to rotations is what tends to kill my other gameplays, because some families I just don't have any ideas for until I set their 'plots' in motion through other families.
Instructor
#453 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:46 AM
I'm doing a challenge similar to this, with Marka93's beginning hoods. I'm started with Pleasantview and planning to do all the premade hoods.

Families that are in Pleasantview so far:
Goth
Bachelor
Broke
Caliente
Oldie
Pleasant
Marsh (soon to be Burb, when William Marsh dies)
Lothario
Dreamer

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
#454 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 6:29 AM
I recently booted up the ultimate collection and was looking for something like this to do.

I've only just gotten through my first couple rotations between households, but so far:

Goth: Luckily for Cassandra, Don left her at the altar. She was devastated at first, but quickly jumped into the arms of Darren Dreamer and they got married. They have twins, newborns, Arabella and Mordecai. I was originally going to have Darren take the Goth last name, but considering the state of the rest of the Goth family, she deserved a clean break. Mortimer married Dina, and they were quite happily in love, so it seemed, until the moment Dina knew she was pregnant with a Goth heir, and Mortimer mysteriously died. With Alexander off to college, majoring in mathematics, Dina moved in Don Lothario. The two are running the Goth mansion, living in the lap of luxury, and have various men and women in and out all day. They are engaged, but no one knows if they have intentions to ever truly tie the knot. Don stuck with his medical career, and Dina's lifetime wish is to become a world-class dancer, so she picked up a career in dance. Also living in the mansion is Don's toddler daughter Dharma, born from an alien abduction.

Broke: Brandi gave birth to a son she named Tripp, but Beau is clearly her favorite child, and the other two tend to be sorely neglected. Beau is a wonder child, he's maxed two skills, has straight A's, and his aspiration meter has never left platinum. Dustin was really getting in with the wrong crowd, and Brandi disapproved of his less than legitimate career choices. She recently sent him off to military school (La Fiesta Tech, majoring in History). He doesn't know it, but he's in for a big surprise when he gets home.

Dreamer: Dirk is still a teen, living at home. He intends to convince Lilith Pleasant to go to the same college as him, but Cassandra and Darren hope he will venture out on his own, and find someone more suited to him.

Pleasant: Mary-Sue caught Daniel cheating, and she promptly moved out. (I figure the house was probably his since he has the cushy job.) With the bickering going on between the twins, their parents decided to separate them, and Mary-Sue took Angela with her. The two live in a small house down the street. Their lives are more peaceful, and they're getting along rather well. Lilith was left to live under the watchful eye of her father, but it seems it was Angela who could have used more watching. The teen is heavily pregnant with Dustin's child. While Daniel and Lilith are not on good terms, Lilith is getting better grades without the drama. Daniel is an Elder now.

Nina Caliente is lonely without her sister, but is very focused on her career. I haven't really decided what to do with her yet. I'd like her to pass on the Caliente name, but with who?? Don seems the most obvious choice.

Burb: I haven't done much with the parents, but Lucy is a teen now, and her best friend is her cat. She's very close to Lilith, but she has eyes for Dirk! If the two hit it off, Lilith may have a problem on her hands.
Lab Assistant
#455 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 5:05 AM Last edited by SenPain : 11th Feb 2019 at 5:06 AM. Reason: coding mistake
I recently finished what I would say is one rotation for Riverblossom Hills. The plotlines might not be as maxis intended, there are some creative liberties.

Greenman
Jason, Rose, and Daisy were pretty happy. Daisy aged up and grew into a romance sim. Rose popped with a pregnancy after getting a job. She gave birth to a baby girl named Lily. For a while, Jason chased the plantsim dream. That changed after Lily's first birthday when he decided to follow wants for his child. After Lily aged up Rose was fired and this caused a total melt down- she spawned another baby and then de-plantsimed herself. Her son was named Rowan, who aged into a knowledge sim like his stepfather. He and Daisy moved out into a household of their own while Jason and Rose began trying for a new baby.

O'Makey (1)
The first O'Makey household is the one already placed, with Gabe and Jules. Jules spent a lot of her time trying to steal Jacob back from Sandra. She actively avoided Patricia though Patricia kept making attempts to befriend her. -- After the Wan's rotation I came back here and had Gabe propose to Patricia.

Roth
Stella lost her job and took it a whole lot better than Rose. She leaned heavily on Morty for aspiration support and this made their relationship grow. She rolled the want for another child and their marriage came back into full swing as she got another job in the Music field. She popped with a baby and Sandra and Jacob's relationship began to hit the rocks. Their new baby's name is Sara Roth.

Wan
Patricia invited the O'Mackey's over quite often, and used this time to grow closer to Jules and to cook and woo Gabe. While she would be doing things with Jules, though, ACR had the great idea of having Cleo all over Gabe. I directed her toward the possible romance with Leod McGreggor and even after that had taken off she still pursued Gabe when he visited.

Viejo
This family had a pretty standard playthrough, no real drama. Andrew is befriending a girl he met online, but there isn't romance in his life.

McGreggor
Leod threw a party and the next day wanted to marry Cleo. He did so and they went camping. It was a short time after they got home that Cleo had the first set of twins in Riverblossom Hills, Farah and Lachlan.

O'Mackey (2)
Alexandra was moved in alone on the edge of town. She adopted two cats named Kim and Heidi. She's become friends with Mona and Andrew Martin. She lives a pretty quiet life so far, considering she's a dread pirate.

Ramaswami
They had a pretty standard week, and right when I had decided to change Priya popped with a pregnancy.

I have moved the teen love triangle into college (SimState U) and after seeing what happens in a dorm for the first year or two, I am going to let them pursue their separate paths to graduation and see how their plotlines develop. I also really want to follow the plotlines of the SSU College sims, as I've never actually bothered with them before, so it might be interesting.
Mad Poster
#456 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 4:24 PM Last edited by marka93 : 15th Feb 2019 at 4:37 PM.
Default The life and times of Pleasantview.
The life and times of Pleasantview.

Don Lothario:

So ends the first day for Don, now off the the Goth household.

Goth Household:

Caliente Household:

Broke Household:

Dreamer Household:

Pleasant Household:

Well that is the first day for all families, now on to the real game play that I like.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#457 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 11:05 AM
Last night, I had a dream that I was playing The Sims 2 (more specifically, Pleasantview) and it made me realise how much I miss the game. Sadly, I no longer have The Sims 2 so I can't play this challenge properly. However, I do have The Sims 3 and I had the idea of recreating the Pleasantview characters with that game. I'm gonna try and stay true to the original town as possible; recreating the houses as best as I can, establishing relationships, etc. To also make it feel as close to The Sims 2 game as possible, I will be turning Story Progression off, and taking turns to play each family, as I used to do. I will also delete all of the Sunset Valley default characters (it would be weird having a young Mortimer Goth and an old Mortimer Goth in the same neighbourhood) and try and match the layout of the town. The only things I won't be able to do is change the NPCs and change Sunset Valley to Pleasantview, but I'll try my best It obviously won't be the same, but I think this will still be fun for me to do
Mad Poster
#458 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by citizenerased
Last night, I had a dream that I was playing The Sims 2 (more specifically, Pleasantview) and it made me realise how much I miss the game. Sadly, I no longer have The Sims 2 so I can't play this challenge properly. However, I do have The Sims 3 and I had the idea of recreating the Pleasantview characters with that game. I'm gonna try and stay true to the original town as possible; recreating the houses as best as I can, establishing relationships, etc. To also make it feel as close to The Sims 2 game as possible, I will be turning Story Progression off, and taking turns to play each family, as I used to do. I will also delete all of the Sunset Valley default characters (it would be weird having a young Mortimer Goth and an old Mortimer Goth in the same neighbourhood) and try and match the layout of the town. The only things I won't be able to do is change the NPCs and change Sunset Valley to Pleasantview, but I'll try my best It obviously won't be the same, but I think this will still be fun for me to do

Have a look here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7118801

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#459 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Have a look here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=7118801

You have no idea how many hours you've saved me! Thank you so much
Test Subject
#460 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 11:25 PM
Ugh, it's really annoying; I was doing a normal gameplay rotation of 1 Sim week per family, like I would have done on The Sims 2, and Lilith (just Lilith, not Angela for some reason) aged up into a young adult before I even got to play the Pleasant family. I know you can alter the speed of the aging process, but I don't know if it's too late for me to do that now.

Note to self, you should never have gotten rid of The Sims 2.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#461 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 10:38 PM
@citizenerased

The Sims 3's "normal" life span is too short for me as well.
I always set it to "Long" and adjust the toddler life span a little.

Then it should be TS2 alike.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#462 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:55 PM
You could also download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. It is a website that only uploads officially announced abandonware, primarily classic and older games. It is not piracy.
Test Subject
#463 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 6:37 AM
I'll play this challenge in Pleasantview!
Page 19 of 19