Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 3:30 AM
@nitromon... em I've got lost there. If the whole portability qualities (like usable trackpad, keyboard quality, assembly etc) does not matter, why bother buying any mobile (em...) device which then become desktop, while you can assembly a desktop far better hardware wise for the same price. Or less. huh?

*and yes, I use trackpad for the game; there's no place for mouse where I work and play (and last I actually worked with mouse on the job was long ago), so...

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:35 AM
So much information! Thank you all. I will read through all of this tomorrow and probably will have questions.

I am a mouse person, definitely. Gotta have my mouse.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:11 PM
Maybe I'm a bit late to the party Daisylee, but I can totally recommend that laptop to you on the basis that I have a similar model, that I'm writing this comment on it, and that I don't actually hate typing on it. What also helps is the snappy CPU, the unusually powerful graphics chip, the plethora of drive storage and the fairly slim shell it comes in. Then again I do have a smaller screen (with much thinner screen bezels, which looks great but terrifies me everytime I accidentally hit it against something) , a bit more RAM, a higher level GPU, and a bigger SSD. So I guess it's more a general recommendation of the line of laptops than this specific model. But I did my research and this was the best one I could find.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#30 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:06 AM
Thank you all so much. In my current situation I think I will go ahead and order that one. I have to get one asap ( long story), it is a gift and ran price by giver and was given an OK. (Phew!) I have had very good experience with BB and with HP products. Desktop at home is HP and prior was HP Pentium 4. Current and prior printers are HP and no problems. Laptop on now was from BB 11 years ago and is totally fine other than being so old cannot update.

Sooooooo then the big question will be how soon I put all of 3 on it? Yikes. Also probably will stick 4 on it and will have to figure that out as I like disks and so much with 4 is at Origin. (grrrrrrrrrrrrrr).

None of you said EGAD do not get that so will give it a try and I have learned more from reading all your posts. Thank you.

Hope original poster has found something that is working well also.
Page 2 of 2