Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:47 PM
Default Roof issues
So I'm editing a few downloaded community lots and I've realized the roof won't change patterns I also can't use any of the roof types. All of them are converted to the hipped roof style. Aside from autoroof being disabled and various roof patterns I don't have any mods that change anything about the roof.
Any idea what is going on?
It does randomly seem to fix it's self when I reload the game, but that's a pain when I just want to change the color of the roof.
I can post pictures if need be.
Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 9:53 PM
Have you checked if skip level markers or public/hidden room markers were used on the lot? They may prevent you from changing the roof.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 10:19 PM
There are hidden room markers! Would I need to delete them/ use that cheat that lets you unlock/ edit a lot?
The hidden room marker thing makes so much sense now, I thought my game was somehow borked. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 10:22 PM
You don't need to delete them. You can use the RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off cheat to allow building on the lot. (I think testingcheatsenabled true must be entered first.)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:43 AM
Fantastic! Way easier than deleting them, than finding them again under BuyDeBug, Thanks!