Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alidana325
I cant do it I don't get it! Can you PM me and help!?

I have the exact same problem,and its true its differnt 4rom the one in da pics ,i also did download mine from ambertation.com so i think u have to download a new one.Hoped it helped...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Yes, if you convert an elder clothing mesh to adult, then the adult is going to be shaped like the elder. The clothing mesh is laid over the body mesh. That's why most people would rather convert adult to elder rather than the other way around!

dear faylen,
My SimPE does not look like that and i want it to work so badly!!!! So could u tell me wat version is that? so i can down load it! :lovestruc i BEG U
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#78 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 11:31 AM
PhoenixDiv2 - Faylen is no longer active here so I'll answer you - that is an OLD version of SimPE - it's not available anymore. But this same method still works - you still select the Property Set in the list, and modify the "age" line in Plugin View, hit Commit, and save. The appearance has just changed a little, not the steps you do.

Also, can you please type out whole words - "you" instead of "u" and whatnot. Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#79 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
PhoenixDiv2 - Faylen is no longer active here so I'll answer you - that is an OLD version of SimPE - it's not available anymore. But this same method still works - you still select the Property Set in the list, and modify the "age" line in Plugin View, hit Commit, and save. The appearance has just changed a little, not the steps you do.

Also, can you please type out whole words - "you" instead of "u" and whatnot. Thanks.

HystericalParoxysm-I think it works now!I will pay you back somehow!!!!!!!THANK U !!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#80 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:19 AM Last edited by PhoenixDiv2 : 25th Feb 2010 at 8:33 AM.
Oh i guess it didn't work ...instead it showed a top of completely nothing
Can a SimPE expert help me!PLEASE!I know I'm asking a lot but please!!!

Edited:I meant the top was invisible and i think I did the x's wrong.Maybe i did a small x instead of a big one (X) i just complain a lot...
retired moderator
#81 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:21 AM
You must've done it wrong - this is a super simple tutorial and tbh, I don't know how one can explain it much easier/simpler than this. Try a different outfit, perhaps, and make sure you're doing it on an adult/young adult one (not child/teen/etc.) or it won't work. You said it was working, and then you say it's not - what was working, and what is not working now? I don't know what you mean by "instead it showed a top of completely nothing" - I can try to clarify if you can explain what the problem is, but without being able to lean over your shoulder and click your mouse for you, it's kinda hard to help.

Also, again, can you please type out whole words - and if you have something to add or change about your post, you can just click Edit rather than making a new one. Thanks.
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:44 AM
Converting
I meant the top was invisible, and i dont know why.Oh by the way,why cant teens, kids ,toddlers etc. doesnt work?Im just wondering because i want to test it out for experiment y'know?
retired moderator
#83 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:33 AM
Well, you must've changed something incorrectly if the top went invisible.

It doesn't work for the other ages because the 3D model and skeleton for those other ages is different. You have to actually modify the 3D model to refit clothes between any other ages but adult/young adult/elder or it'll look awful - totally wrong.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#84 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 10:43 AM
yeah i know wjat u meant,and the invisible top i experimented it with a child,maybe that's why!
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 9:20 PM
Awesome and super-clear tutorial. Thanks! I might want to use this to make my little nightgowns available for YA's also.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 5:59 PM
Thanks you so much for the tutorial! :*
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 5:52 AM
Will this work for outfits like Gypsy outfit, you know the ones you have to press Shift-N to see?
Field Researcher
#88 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:47 AM
Thank you! This has brought much joy for me right now as the bodyshaped people are starting to age. So few of their clothes show up for elders, but with this they can still have their clothes.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 2:15 AM
... Umm... how do you convert teen to adult? o__o" Without the little gap between the neck and the head? Is there a tutorial for that too?

♥ Wolfie ♥

"Gathering from his behaviors, he is very immature and hates to lose... just like me."

~ L from Death Note (virtual cookie if you guessed right! xD)
Site Helper
#90 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wolfie_sims_94
... Umm... how do you convert teen to adult? o__o" Without the little gap between the neck and the head? Is there a tutorial for that too?
From the first post:
Quote: Originally posted by Faylen
Please don't ask about converting Children or Teens - it simply won't work.
At the very least, this is the wrong thread. You might want to start your own.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
At the very least, this is the wrong thread. You might want to start your own.

Thank you, I didn't see that in the first post. o_o

I've seen teen to adult conversions many times before, and have not been able to find a tutorial yet. I'll try to look around some more, but if anyone finds anything, do tell me.

♥ Wolfie ♥

"Gathering from his behaviors, he is very immature and hates to lose... just like me."

Site Helper
#92 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 6:12 AM
Field Researcher
#93 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 6:02 PM
Actually, Faylen is active here, she's just not Faylen anymore because she's not a moderator. Heh. (Waves!)
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 5th Sep 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
This might be useful:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,77752.0.html

Thanks for that. I found this one extremely helpful, however, as I am more of a visual learner.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=12916.0

♥ Wolfie ♥

Alchemist
#95 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 7:26 AM
Thank you so much for this, it boggles my mind how you guys can work out what numbers you can use to change things, how you do it is beyond me, Im just thankful that you share the secrets!!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#96 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:58 PM
Wow! Thanks! That is cool... And it is not "problemish"!
Thanks...
Sockpuppet
#97 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:53 AM
Quote:
Resizing Adult meshes to Teen meshes « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:08:32 pm » Tho, you making it so hard....... Wink This is how i do it:
*Import a teen mesh with the morphs.
*import the adult mesh with the morphs.
*select the adult mesh and its morphs.
*scale to 94% (0.94) with ''origine'' box ticked at scaling options.
*Fix the neck vertices and normals using Wes H normal and Date merge tool.(your using the original teen mesh as reference mesh here) Or use extended manual edit and copy and paste the neck vertice value's. *delete the original teen mesh and teen morph.
*export.
I normal drop the shoulders also back to teen size as i suspect necklesses and such wont fit the scaled mesh, but i forgot if this is only a issue on the females or both female and male. « Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 07:46:45 am by BlooM »

This is how i always did it
Sockpuppet
#98 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 4:22 PM
what about kids
Mad Poster
#99 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CMPunkGTS96
what about kids

You mean, what number do you use to size down for kids? I'm not sure. I usually do it by hand, because the ratios of the different body parts are somewhat different for kids (and even more different for toddlers).

The easiest way to resize a mesh down to a child size is to do the upper body first, then work on the legs and arms. Get all the joints (shoulders, elbows, knees, etc.) in the right places, or your Sim won't animate correctly.
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Garand
I too have found this useful, especailly when needing clothing for custom meshes that I've downloaded.

Little off topic, but simialr in nature:
I also used a similar trick and started converting for Genders as well. IT starting out making some male clothes work on females, suchas suits and tuxes, then wound up as in the attached image below..

The necks don't always match up, but It's hard to notice.

Anyway, Thanks for the info!

How do you convert from one gender to the other?
Page 4 of 5