Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Romantic Standards

by simler90 Posted 20th Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2022 at 5:59 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 193

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 8:41 AM
The mod is getting too complex.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 1:29 PM
That's a huge mod, congrats!
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 5:09 PM
A new summary what actually goes on in the latest version would be great, I've lost track too :-/
Still appreciate how much effort is put into a lot of details here.
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 8:51 PM
This doesn't allow my male sims to have an relationship, even if their relationship is on 100. Just one of the got the crush flag
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 9:10 AM Last edited by guirnaldas : 27th Apr 2021 at 7:42 AM.
Apparently RomanticStandards-AddOn-AutoSectionalSofaBoothDiningSocials is throwing 'Illegal owner field in data reference' errors on community lots (bar/restaurant) or it's just me.. Can anyone confirm please?

Edit: It turned out that the real culprit was interactwogreet (MATY). It seems that RomanticStandards and this mod don't play well together. Not only that but I just realized that interactwogreet by its own throws some other errors on community lots, even though they are harmless (aka no jump errors) I decided to take it out for good. It's such a shame because I consider it to be one essential gameplay mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 5:12 PM
omgggg what an amazing mod. and in the year 2021??

edit: I didn't even notice the mod needs Apartment Life. my joy was so brief lmao
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th May 2021 at 5:16 AM Last edited by guirnaldas : 5th May 2021 at 7:40 AM.
more feedback: (1) serious sims play with food. That should be for playful ones only i think.
(2) sims reject romantic interactions even when they want to fulfill a want involving that same interaction with the specific sim. Either they shouldn't reject (maybe extremely shy sims could by a chance) or they shouldn't roll the want at all in the first place if the conditions are not met. e.g. during a date Sim A attempts to give Sim B a kiss. Sim B rejects the kiss even though he has a want to kiss Sim A.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 4th Jun 2021 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Icantoo
The mod is getting too complex.

Like they always do, simler90 has a noticeable problem with that, Their mods end up being so confusing, and it's nearly impossible for us users to understand what are the (updated) features.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#84 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 2:26 PM
Hi @Simler90 I would love to try this mod, however the documentation is confusing. Would it be possible for you to hide the changelog with a spoiler, and write an up-to-date description of what this mod is, what is clashes with and what the requirements are? This would make it much clearer to downloaders. Thank you.
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 10:04 AM
I downloaded Update 191 of Chemistry Version and so far really I like the new behavior of my sims. (I had Update 151 before). Great work!
However, I run HCDU and I found a lot of possible conflicts with my other hacks. Unfortunately simsaple is right saying that documentation is confusing at this point. I can't figure out if your mod incomporates already other hacks and fixes listed below:

VampiresDontBiteNPCs_AL - jfade
TeenxAdult&SkunkAttractionFixes - twojeffs
NoAutonomousKissHelloBye - gummilutt
HotTubExitLogic - Cyjon
SoloRomanticPhotoboothPicturesEnabled - Corky TR
MoreNoDancingInSilence - Cyjon

I would appreciate your help. Thank you!
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 2:59 AM
I am loving this mod!!! Thank you Simler90 for your hard work.
I also want to report a possible bug. I let Romeo Monty asked Tiffany Sampson to cuddle on a sofa. The 'cuddle' interaction was accepted, and when Romeo tried to kiss>peck her, she refused. All was fine, until after the rejection (no kiss), Tiffany got a memory of First Kiss (I saw a single lip hovering above her head after she refused).
Just so you know. Anyway, I love this mod. Thanks again.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#87 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 2:51 AM
i would love to have adults able to go steady, i hate the fast jump to engagement
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 10:01 PM
Thanks! Always found it stupid that sims fall in love so easily. One suggestion: could you enable "Go steady" for YA and adults?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#89 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 3:18 AM
Good gravy, this looks like an absolute beast of a mod!! It sounds awesome, can't wait to pull out my current romance mods and give this a try. Thanks for all of your HARD, HARD WORK on this!!
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Mar 2022 at 2:23 PM
hello simler90, i have to say i'm very happy with your mod, but i found a problem that your mod disables classical dance for kids, so could you try to enable it please?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 24th May 2022 at 12:18 AM
I love love this mod so much smiler, it's amazing! I had ACR previously but went to this one because the mechanics are just so much more realistic. Thanks alot!
Test Subject
#92 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 8:55 PM
I have a question about al of your mods. For some reason the mods make my sim rotated. It says last sim active. I really want to play with the mods but I cant.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 18th Apr 2023 at 9:26 AM
quick reminder for anyone downloading (besides some carelessness from the modder and other stuff!) this removes going steady, feels really awkward and like a mod conflict is happening (2 relationships have been soiled from this fact in my current pleasantview, 5 hoods have had family sims go to nowhere in life. until i read these comments, bah!)

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 12th Nov 2023 at 9:18 AM
I'm using this mod, though not currently the most up to date version, and it's certainly improving the realism of my sims relationships, but its leading to some serious frustrations too.

More than anything else I'd love it if the acceptance checks could somehow be bypassed if the recieving sim has a want for that interaction... it's infurating that my sim really Wants to kiss her date, but refuses all his attempts to do so!

The other feature that has been annoying me of late is that Check Sim Out can no longer cause a sim to reroll their Wants. I like that this can now happen if they perform the autonomous attraction reaction - that's a feature I'd leave, as long as it's only rerolling wants for controllable sims (it would be annoying to discover that one of my playable's wants are now all obsessed with the guy she saw on a community lot while I was with another family) - but for story telling reasons, and certain gameplay styles, it's useful for the player to retain the power to make a sim pay particular attention to another sim. Would you consider undoing this, or an alternative version of the mod be made?

I would also second some of the requests above to incorporate features such as allowing GoSteady for Young Adults and up, and the preservation of romantic feelings when Teens age up. And clarity on whether this conflicts with NoAutonomousKissHelloBye, for instance.

On a related note I'm looking for a mod that allows romantic interactions between Teens and YA's without also allowing Teen/Adult romance, nor Teen Woohoos. I don't think it'd be suitable for this mod, but perhaps someone can help direct me to such a mod?
Test Subject
#95 Old 19th Dec 2023 at 4:27 PM
If I delete this mod, will it prevent the occurrence of the super-duper hug bug?
Page 4 of 4