Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:56 AM
Default How to create easel painting replacements?
I have a mod that replaces all of the original pop art paintings your sims paint with custom pictures. I was wondering how I would go about doing the same thing for different painting categories (realism, surrealism, impressionist, etc) with my own custom pictures? I have no idea how to do any kind of modding at all, so I don't even know where to begin with this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:24 PM
which mod is it you have? I'd love something like this for my game!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2018 at 3:10 AM
This probably goes in the create section. Is the mod from here? Have you contacted the person who made the mod to point you in the right direction and/or for tips?
Scholar
#4 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
I've done this before for sims 3, I'm assuming the same is for sims 4 (but probably not). It can be a lengthy process and I mistakenly deleted the mod I edited myself and decided to never do it again. So if you do it, make sure to save a back up.

Links - keep in mind these are for sims 3 but it's just to give you an idea

>How to begin the mod itself
>An example where you customize the paintings in a mod someone else has already made

The second link is to someone's blogspot, I got a pretty "racy" ad when I went there and refreshing doesn't help so beware about that I guess.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:19 PM