Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

MattieOReilly

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 13839 (Who?), Viewed: 306809 times.
Page 554 of 554
Mad Poster
#13826 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:13 PM
You are not imagining it. It always turns on to the salsa station. I don't know of a mod to change this.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13827 Old 21st May 2018 at 3:22 PM
Dang. Those sims love their Salsa.
Field Researcher
#13828 Old 21st May 2018 at 11:05 PM
I still don't know what a tooltip actually does even though I read about it. Do I have to add a tooltip every time I recolor a hair or eyes? Is it the same as actually naming the recolor when you get ready to package it?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Test Subject
DELETED POST
22nd May 2018 at 1:21 AM
This message has been deleted by rollingstarr. Reason: i ended up resolving it. my bad. carry on.
Test Subject
#13829 Old 22nd May 2018 at 7:25 PM
Another day another glitch in my game, haha. I had a townie that I've been aging up with one of my kids, she started as child and she is a teen. It's time for him to be an adult now and she won't age when I select her. It says "preparing townie to age 1/1" and then she just goes and starts dancing or somemthing and doesn't age? Does anyone know a way I can force her to age?
Mad Poster
#13830 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:11 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd May 2018 at 1:32 AM.
Thanks monijt1, maxon and Jo for answering my question a few days ago about paying teachers Simlogical schools. The circumstances that have me considering a new Simlogical school are that in Baldrair Bluffs there are playable teens who are now ready to go to university, but they have relationships and friendships with townie teens, and of course it would be nice if the friends could go together. But, while the playables generally have A+ grades, their townie friends are all stuck on C. (Although this probably isn't true of Sims) I tend to feel that anyone with a grade below, say, B or B- is likely to struggle academically at university. So my idea is a sort of "crammer" school for townie teens with friends going to university, to enable them to try to get their grades up, and possibly get scholarships too. An additional benefit is that, as I know from my school in New Desconia, while in Simlogical school, townies are controllable, and almost the equal of playables, so it opens the possibility of them forming romantic relationships with each other. (My most successful business to date is run by two ex-townies who fell in love at school.)

In New Desconia, Desmond Dickson-Leggat, the colony's founder, transfers substantial sums of money to the school's Principal, who uses this money as his own (and his partner's) income, to pay school expenses, and to pay his assistant teacher's wages. The latter, thanks to christianlov's wallet, gets paid in cash, regardless of how many pupils may be watching when the principal takes a wad of notes out of his back pocket and hands them over!

As for this new school in Baldrair Bluffs, I can't charge fees even if I wanted to, because most, if not all of the pupils will be townies, and townies don't have funds to pay fees. I like maxon's idea of giving them a teaching career. That's how my parish priest in Veronaville is remunerated -- she's in a custom Church of England career, and I give her lots of "vacation days" so she can do parish work, rather than disappear down a rabbit hole all day, every day. But it won't work for the school at Baldrair, at least not for the resident teacher(s) as I intend to play the school on a residential lot the way Inge intended, and putting up the institution sign stops Sims going to work and school. If I ever have any assistant teachers who don't live in the school, I might give them teaching careers, but it won't be the Maxis education career because that comes with an EP I don't have. I also like Jo's idea of the mayor paying for the school. It's similar to what I do in New Desconia. Trouble is there isn't a mayor in Baldrair Bluffs yet. In fact I've checked, and at the time of writing there's not a single playable in the 'hood in the Politics career. I'll remedy that, but it will take a long time for a Sim to reach the position of mayor and the school is needed now. So I think initially the teacher(s) will be paid by Kaching -- maybe ยง4K a week including school expenditure.

Anyway I've now created a teacher and I'm building a school for her, high up on the Bluffs near where some of the most influential families in the neighbourhood live.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#13831 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:08 AM
Just because there isn't a visible mayor doesn't mean that you can't pretend that there's a vague one somewhere who contributes to the school.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#13832 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:41 AM
Andrew, you can also cheat levels of anything that you need. For example, you could make a sim to be Mayor, cheat them money and set them as Mayor on the simblender (or can't you use the blender?)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13833 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:46 AM
Urgh, I'm getting a weird problem. Has anyone else experienced clothes meshes disappearing? Suddenly the recolours are showing up as meshless and I can't find the mesh in my Downloads folder, when it was fine before.
Instructor
#13834 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:30 PM
Andrew -- to avoid your issue with using a career: I never use the Institution sign on school lots. I just use the school changer to put everybody on the lot in FlexiSchool, which stops the bus from coming but doesn't prevent pupils from arriving on the lot and attending their classes. That way you can still use/tweak a custom career to send your teacher sim off-lot to collect a salary. (If you have SimPE, you can set it up so they're only gone for one hour a week, at whatever time you like.)
Mad Poster
#13835 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Urgh, I'm getting a weird problem. Has anyone else experienced clothes meshes disappearing? Suddenly the recolours are showing up as meshless and I can't find the mesh in my Downloads folder, when it was fine before.

Tracked down one mesh. That was user error. XD I'm prepared to believe that I accidentally deleted the one other mesh. Phew, was afraid that something dodgy had happened.
Mad Poster
#13836 Old Yesterday at 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
I still don't know what a tooltip actually does even though I read about it. Do I have to add a tooltip every time I recolor a hair or eyes? Is it the same as actually naming the recolor when you get ready to package it?
This is what a Body Shop/CAS tooltip does:

They show up in Body Shop and CAS, but by default they don't show when your Sim is buying clothes at a shop, unless you turn Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true on. You don't have to add them but they are helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I had something a little bit similar (and very odd) with a female hair. According to its tooltip it was (if I remember rightly) an XM Sims Flora hair, but it was showing as a very plain Maxis hair (long straight hair with a centre parting). This I think is typical of what you get when a mesh is missing. It was showing in CAS with a variety of shades. By coincidence, following a link here took me to the XM Sims website, so I decided to try to track down the hair that was causing the trouble. So I started up the game and loaded CAS . . .

. . . And all my hairs were showing properly! I couldn't see a custom female hair with a Maxis thumbnail anywhere! So, I haven't a clue what was going on there!

---------------------------ooooooooooooooo---------------------------

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions for my school. I'll let you know how we get on. ("We" being myself, Miss Leitch the head teacher, Ricki Blake and the other pupils who will attend.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#13837 Old Yesterday at 1:07 PM
I might be making this up but is there a mod that stops sims from getting negative memories for engagement and marriage. Or an easy way to change a negative memory to a positive memory in game. (Without having to remember to go into SimPE to do it) I'd just like it if some of my romance sims were quite happy to settle down in committed relationships and didn't regret doing so.

I could swear I'd seen a mod for this, but it could be an invention of my mind. It probably is, if I'm honest.
Mad Poster
#13838 Old Yesterday at 1:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Elf
I might be making this up but is there a mod that stops sims from getting negative memories for engagement and marriage. Or an easy way to change a negative memory to a positive memory in game. (Without having to remember to go into SimPE to do it) I'd just like it if some of my romance sims were quite happy to settle down in committed relationships and didn't regret doing so.

I could swear I'd seen a mod for this, but it could be an invention of my mind. It probably is, if I'm honest.

Here you are. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=524868
Lab Assistant
#13839 Old Yesterday at 5:21 PM
@charity Thank you!
Field Researcher
#13840 Old Yesterday at 6:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
This is what a Body Shop/CAS tooltip does:

They show up in Body Shop and CAS, but by default they don't show when your Sim is buying clothes at a shop, unless you turn Boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true on. You don't have to add them but they are helpful.

Ohh thanks @AndrewGloria! I finally understand now .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Page 554 of 554