Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#3951 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:06 PM
Like if instead of a loading screen, we got to watch the cinematic instead? Yeah, I agree with that. TS3 has its own version of that with the interactive loading screens, and while I appreciate the thought, I usually ignore it because they're so laaaaaaagggggggggy on my computer that it's not worth it.

The best, though, is the installation game for the base TS2 that you can play in the background while the game installs. If only you could do that while the game loads, with minimal lag.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3952 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:37 AM
Not gameplay but the "Grrr" (or rather "Argh!") from forgetting to switch downloads folders before heading into another hood. It's the same feeling when I've accidentally clicked on Homecrafter instead of the actual game (and that thing takes forever to load).
Field Researcher
#3953 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
TS3 has its own version of that with the interactive loading screens, and while I appreciate the thought, I usually ignore it because they're so laaaaaaagggggggggy on my computer that it's not worth it.

Agreed. When I played TS3, the first thing I always did on a new game was murder that loading game. It ate up resources, made the game load forever, and often crash upon loading. A lot of things in TS3 are horrifically unstable.
Mad Poster
#3954 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:48 PM
That stupid "meet on community lot" message. I teleport my Sim to the area, make sure the Sim doesn't budge, get the "you don't want to keep _____ waiting" message, the taxi turns up, and the other Sim gets irate. I really couldn't get that Sim to the curb any sooner, or get the taxi there any faster!

If I recall, there was a workaround for that. Can't remember it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#3955 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:14 PM
I either have a mod that fixes that, or it's one of those things that only affect some people. I never have that issue in my game. I have vague memories of it happening once or twice years ago, or that I had to call the taxi myself in the past. Now one just shows up on it's own if I said yes to meeting downtown or going on a date or something. Probably a mod, but which one no idea :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3956 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I either have a mod that fixes that, or it's one of those things that only affect some people. I never have that issue in my game. I have vague memories of it happening once or twice, or that I had to call the taxi myself in the past. Now one just shows up on it's own if I said yes to meeting downtown or going on a date or something. Probably a mod, but which one no idea :P

Same here. We might have the same unknown mod.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#3957 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:09 AM
Well, the taxi shows up for me, but it really takes forever. I almost always get that message before it shows up and a few times, I have gotten the "you stood me up" message. Why the game doesn't just let you choose your own transportation, idk.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3958 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:22 AM
I never got why people use taxi's, it takes more clicking and waiting and then agro. My sims walk or have a car/bike of their own.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#3959 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 9:43 AM Last edited by Sketching : 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Not gameplay but the "Grrr" (or rather "Argh!") from forgetting to switch downloads folders before heading into another hood. It's the same feeling when I've accidentally clicked on Homecrafter instead of the actual game (and that thing takes forever to load).

Same. I can't remember the number of times I leave the game to load only to come back and mentally slap myself for loading the medieval hoods instead of the modern ones. I haven't done it recently, but those were still silly moments.

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
That stupid "meet on community lot" message. I teleport my Sim to the area, make sure the Sim doesn't budge, get the "you don't want to keep _____ waiting" message, the taxi turns up, and the other Sim gets irate. I really couldn't get that Sim to the curb any sooner, or get the taxi there any faster! If I recall, there was a workaround for that. Can't remember it.

If it's a mod, it seems that I must have the same unknown mod gummilutt and Rosebine have since my taxis just pop after a few moments. When I'm the one calling for a meet-up, I usually prepare the sim beforehand then leave them by the sidewalk to wait for the taxi - it helps that I have Pescado's macrotastics so I can have sims "procrastinate" to prevent them from going anywhere else but autonomously get into the taxi when it arrives. Granted, it's easier with active sims and smaller lots since they can easily run to the taxi when it comes. It's realistic to me since public transportation where I'm from takes a while, though it can definitely be frustrating to wait for them in real life and in-game!

I'm prepared to be grilled for this, but my sims don't have cars (out of personal preference and because it's too expensive for them) and I use taxis to simulate public transportation in modern hoods, in which they are almost a necessity since I have Community Time and Taxis Charge Money. I wish that I could replace it with a bus though (maybe I just haven't seen it yet) - Chris Hatch has a bus stop but if I remember correctly, it requires me to put it on the lots, which doesn't always fit them.
Scholar
#3960 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:00 AM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:25 AM.
i just hate sim babies so much sure they look cute but they just cry all the time.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Scholar
#3961 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I wish that I could replace it with a bus though (maybe I just haven't seen it yet) - Chris Hatch has a bus stop but if I remember correctly, it requires me to put it on the lots, which doesn't always fit them.

Oh yes, a bus would be greate! No need to call a taxi, just jump on the bus. They should had added that to the game from Nightlife.
Mad Poster
#3962 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I'm prepared to be grilled for this, but my sims don't have cars (out of personal preference and because it's too expensive for them) and I use taxis to simulate public transportation in modern hoods, in which they are almost a necessity since I have Community Time and Taxis Charge Money. I wish that I could replace it with a bus though (maybe I just haven't seen it yet) - Chris Hatch has a bus stop but if I remember correctly, it requires me to put it on the lots, which doesn't always fit them.

IIRC, seeing as I can't check it anymore, Chris Hatch has a smaller version of the sign which can be hidden.
Inventor
#3963 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:13 PM Last edited by Sketching : 22nd Apr 2018 at 7:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
IIRC, seeing as I can't check it anymore, Chris Hatch has a smaller version of the sign which can be hidden.

You replied to both of my posts, but because my ISP is horrible, I might end up replying to just one of them.

I think I'll have to go through my storage and test it out again with my current mods configuration - I completely forgot that functionality and I can't access his new site either. I can't open the .odt file from smorbie1's archives on my current device so I'm not sure what else I've forgotten. I can't recall if you have to pay to ride it and I'm not sure if it conflicts with the Taxi Charges Money mod. It's why I mentioned that I wouldn't mind a bus replacement for the taxi vehicle so I can keep my current mod set-up (yeah, silly me will be happy with a bus instead of a taxi showing up as long as kids get to ride it alone).

I also agree that it's a bit odd that it wasn't included in Nightlife or Bon Voyage though. Back then, my night life consisted of waiting by the lonely road for a bus when I was already dead tired from university.

Update: After some finagling with the mods, I managed to get exactly what I was asking for - a bus that allowed children to go to community lots alone while paying for transportation fees and time passing while they're away. Sorry for the trouble.
Mad Poster
#3964 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:08 AM
Creators of deco objects that didn't bother making sure their object is flat on the ground. Easy to fix, but there's so many and it's kinda of PITA to have to go through each one individually to export, import in milkshape, lower, and bring back >_>

Inventor
#3965 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 5:33 AM
Not gameplay related, but I've been getting steadily annoyed whenever I look at the comments of CC I favorite. Sometimes there would be comments in caps, begging the creator to convert it to TS3 . I always try to check the comments in case somebody posted about issues or fixes, but lately this has been sticking out to me more and it's getting under my skin. Most of the stuff I favorite are old uploads (2 to 5 years) but I've seen some on newer uploads.
Mad Poster
#3966 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 6:30 AM
I've seen that a lot too. Someone even did it on one of mine, asking for a conversion to Sims 4. They were out of luck, as I don't even have Sims 4.
Inventor
#3967 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've seen that a lot too. Someone even did it on one of mine, asking for a conversion to Sims 4. They were out of luck, as I don't even have Sims 4.

*Sigh* .
Mad Poster
#3968 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 11:23 AM
The book cover when studying parenting is nothing special. How am I supposed to convey in my pictures that this was when the Sim studied parenting? No helpful EA!

Mad Poster
#3970 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:48 AM
I know, but doesn't change that I think it's stupid EA didn't do it properly to begin with

Field Researcher
#3972 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 9:38 PM
I can't stand how passive-aggressive some of the messages you get from friends whose relationship is dropping are. I think there's a mod to remove them, but I like knowing who needs a phone call now and then. I don't like "You know, I don't want our friendship to be a burden..." though. Stop being so dramatic, guys.
Mad Poster
#3973 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 10:08 PM
Have you ever called when a Sim is at work or school? Even the nicest Sims turn extremely passive-aggressive then. There's a mod to fix it though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3974 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 11:58 PM
They're not passive-aggressive, they're verbally abusive. Passive aggression is a form of non-violent resistance, but on a petty scale (like "forgetting" to do something because you're mad at the person who asked you to do it).

Be careful what mod you get. I have one that makes them actually phone instead, and now my Sims' phones are ringing off the hook and they stay on the phone with each caller until the daily relationship hits 100. I may have to delete it and go back to the messages.
Inventor
#3975 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:30 AM
I hated those messages too, they always got me seeing red . I used to use the voodoo doll to give a boost in a decaying friendship, but sometimes it'll backfire. I think I used boolProp once to drag the relationship bar back to 100, I can't remember.
Page 159 of 274