Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#3926 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 6:17 PM
That sims can go into heatstroke from taking a bath or shower on a hot day. Turn the water temperature down, morons.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3927 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
That sims can go into heatstroke from taking a bath or shower on a hot day. Turn the water temperature down, morons.

Sims can also get hot doing WooHoo, like almost reaching heatstroke status .
Mad Poster
#3928 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone

That's why I have the hot/cold shower mod.
Mad Poster
#3929 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:09 AM
I have it too, but I admit, I am beginning to find this annoying, because this gives me one more option, so one more click. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3930 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:38 AM
i tend to ignore the temperature thing. it doesn't really carry much importance for me, other than sunbathing.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#3931 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:07 PM
If you have a pet house standing outside and it starts snowing there will be snow inside of the pet house. Just...WHY?!?
Mad Poster
#3932 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have it too, but I admit, I am beginning to find this annoying, because this gives me one more option, so one more click. lol

Just open the package and change the text in the makeactionstring prim string set text list, to whatever you want it to be. If you don't want it submenued, removed the .../ and make it just be text.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3933 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:37 PM
Thank you Gummi.

Scholar
#3934 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 10th Apr 2018 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Arches. Those holes in the wall are called arches... ...not doors...
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
If you have a pet house standing outside and it starts snowing there will be snow inside of the pet house. Just...WHY?!?

It must blow in through the arch. Sim-size arches are big enough to put up the elements shield that protects Sims in other rooms from kitchen fires and garden frostbite, but pet arches are too small for such technology...
Link Ninja
#3935 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:03 PM
Newspapers and delivery at the back doors. Am I correct in remembering that the fix for this is to take the front door, delete it and replace it so the game reads the 'last placed' door as the 'front door'?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3936 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
Pescado's frontdoorhack helps as well. I've found though that if you have a double door leading to outside, the game always likes to think that it's the front one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3937 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
That would make sense if the game consider the last placed door as being the front door. But this is not how I would have done it...as the front door is usually the first one I place! lol

Alchemist
#3938 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
Newspapers and delivery at the back doors. Am I correct in remembering that the fix for this is to take the front door, delete it and replace it so the game reads the 'last placed' door as the 'front door'?

I always thought that it was the first placed door to the outside that the game reads as the front door.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#3939 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 5:59 PM
No, it's definitely the last door. In one hood, I initially put the bathroom inside, but after playing a couple of rotations I decided it was wrong for the intended time period and built an out-house instead. Thereafter the newspaper was always delivered to the out-house door.
Link Ninja
#3940 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I always thought that it was the first placed door to the outside that the game reads as the front door.

If it was, then I'm wondering how it can be a pet peeve because then newspapers and delivery food would deliver to the front door and I'd be unbothered. I always place front doors first before side and back doors when building.

Lab Assistant
#3941 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 6:18 PM
Apparently Super Collection has been suffering from a glitch on newer OS, which I just recently installed after putting it off. Every time I pick the lightest skin tone for adult females, their face is a different color from the rest of their body. I thought this was an issue with my game until I went on the App store and read reviews to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Apparently Aspry isn't doing anything about it because there's reviews from February about it. This is just very frustrating, especially considering I had uninstalled and reinstalled after Bat Box didn't resolve the issue.
Scholar
#3942 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 6:38 PM
Maybe for now you could use geneticized custom skins at that shade until it's solved?
Top Secret Researcher
#3943 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
Apparently Super Collection has been suffering from a glitch on newer OS, which I just recently installed after putting it off. Every time I pick the lightest skin tone for adult females, their face is a different color from the rest of their body. I thought this was an issue with my game until I went on the App store and read reviews to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Apparently Aspry isn't doing anything about it because there's reviews from February about it. This is just very frustrating, especially considering I had uninstalled and reinstalled after Bat Box didn't resolve the issue.

It is quite likely that the cause is in some way related to the driver that MacOS Sierra uses. If that is the case then Aspyr is waiting until Apple fixes the issue. Also read the latest on The Super Collection at Aspyr and if I read it correctly they need to update The Super Collection to be 64bit before Apple will load the update to fix the Skin Colour issue. If they are going to update the Game to 64 bit, which I certainly hope that they are going to do, they will likely do something to fix the skin colour issue at the same time.

Other than putting up with it, your only other solution at this point is to revert to OSX 10.11.6 it does not have the problem. Talk to Apple about reverting to OSX 10.11.6 mayber they can help. Would not hurt to ask. Tell why you want to do it, that may help get Apple to do their part in fixing the issue.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3944 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:00 PM
A big pet peeve of mine lately is when people use a lot of weird characters in their download descriptions. I often save links as favorites because I intend to download them later, and every time there's a character my browser can't identify or for some reason thinks is weird, Avira goes ballistic and turns off, and won't turn on properly (turns off, I turn back on, turns off, etc.) until the special characters have been removed. In addition, my browser freezes for a while, and the system in general slows down (probably due to Avira).

Plain text and regular keyboard characters is fine. I think it's due some sort of smilies or similar, but they most often show as triangles, squares, hearts or similar (the squares are the worst...).

I'm not sure why Avira reacts like this, and I'm considering scrapping the program entirely (it's been very buggy lately).
Link Ninja
#3945 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
A big pet peeve of mine lately is when people use a lot of weird characters in their download descriptions. I often save links as favorites because I intend to download them later, and every time there's a character my browser can't identify or for some reason thinks is weird, Avira goes ballistic and turns off, and won't turn on properly (turns off, I turn back on, turns off, etc.) until the special characters have been removed. In addition, my browser freezes for a while, and the system in general slows down (probably due to Avira).

Plain text is fine, and most regular keyboard characters. I think it's due some sort of smilies or similar, but they most often show as triangles, squares, hearts or similar (the squares are the worst...).

Some code in the site changed as recently as a month ago, rendering regular characters like aprostrophes, quotations, em dashes to turn into these 'weird characters' if it was pasted in from somewhere else. So they might have actually been fine before the code change and I bet that's why you are seeing more of it now. There was a help ticket about the issue.

Field Researcher
#3946 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Maybe for now you could use geneticized custom skins at that shade until it's solved?

As someone who's holding on tightly to El Capitan and Sierra to avoid the mismatched skins problem for as long as possible, I'd certainly be interested to know if that works. Do custom skins work okay, or do some of them suffer from the same issue as the S1 and S3 female skins? And do default replacements for those skins have the same problem? Might it be possible to create some kind of hybrid default replacement with mixed head and body shades to reduce the problem?

At some point, if I ever get out of decorating hell and can start plugging in extra disks all over the place again, I plan to create a High Sierra partition on an external drive and try it out for myself. Until then, here's what Aspyr have to say about the problem:

https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...ues-after-10-13

I'm really hoping that Sims 2 Super Collection gets the 64-bit update, and fixes to the various OS and hardware-related graphics problems that have popped up in the past year. Castaway Stories too, as I like to go back and revisit that from time to time.
Scholar
#3947 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:32 PM
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea if it works or not- I've never had a Mac outside of school. I don't even understand how it works, or doesn't.
Mad Poster
#3948 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 10:45 PM
Some code in the site changed as recently as a month ago, rendering regular characters like aprostrophes, quotations, em dashes to turn into these 'weird characters' if it was pasted in from somewhere else. So they might have actually been fine before the code change and I bet that's why you are seeing more of it now. There was a help ticket about the issue.

It's not really a MTS issue for me, but I think it may be a Tumblr issue (most noticeable at LanaCC, which I use a lot for finding CC updates - but it's the original links that have the issue).

Some creators also do this annoying thing where they put special characters (outside of keyboard ones, that is), in downloadable files. That's of absolutely no use, since those characters will translate into something else. Plain letters and numbers, hyphens, underscores (and ()[], but I prefer not) work, but anything else tend to cause troubles. East-Asian characters in filenames also bug me. It may work fine for those who play with those languages, but not always for everyone else... It's not as frequent as the issue I mentioned above, though.
Mad Poster
#3949 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 11:27 PM

I can't say this will actually help, but when copying text from elsewhere, I like to send it through PureText. Tiny program that sits in the system tray. You can also set a keyboard shortcut to automatically strip formatting and paste. I use Ctrl+Shift+V. It's a handy program anyways.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#3950 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:39 PM
Y’know I really wish the game would actually load during the opening cinematic. I kinda like watching it sometimes but it’s just a waste of time when I want to play. And I know there’s mods to disable it but like I said I enjoy it sometimes and can skip past it when I don’t want to watch
Page 158 of 273