Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8426 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:32 PM
It'd be nice if Sims (and pets, probably) could be startled by thunderstorms. I don't believe I've ever seen them react.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8427 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I think there is one. I think I got it packaged in with the UC Inteen version as an option or something . . . maybe took it out because it wasn't my tastes, but I think that's what I remember.

Hmm...I have the UC inteen but I can't remember seeing that. Maybe I just don't play child characters enough?
I'll check that out.
Top Secret Researcher
#8428 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It'd be nice if Sims (and pets, probably) could be startled by thunderstorms. I don't believe I've ever seen them react.

Yes they could look out the window like they do with rain. As for pets, if they're anything like my cat, they're not bothered.
Inventor
#8429 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Yes they could look out the window like they do with rain. As for pets, if they're anything like my cat, they're not bothered.

The only time sims ever really react to a thunderstorm is if they're outside when a lightning strike sets something on fire, I was always annoyed by that. And I can't say the same when it comes to my brother's dog. When it thunders he hides under the bed and starts to shake real bad. Maybe if a hack did exist, maybe it'll depend on the pet's personality, like they don't care for thunder if they're Independent or they start wigging out if they're Cowardly.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8430 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM
Just as long as it's not like in TS3 where if there's a lightning storm the horses end up running all over town.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#8431 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
And I can't say the same when it comes to my brother's dog. When it thunders he hides under the bed and starts to shake real bad.

Thundershirts helped my sister's dog with this. He would hide in a corner shaking during storms.

I would like one single file or collection that includes a black and white recolor of literally every single Maxis buy and build item. I will never understand why Maxis thought lime green doors should be standard, but I have to hunt down to all ends of the internet to find CC of the most normal and basic colors possible. I know recolors exist here, there, and everywhere; I have many of them. But my CC fantasy would be one of everything in one single place.
Inventor
#8432 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Thundershirts helped my sister's dog with this. He would hide in a corner shaking during storms.

We usually improvise by wrapping a towel around him and hold him until it's over (he's a miniature Schnauzer). Oddly enough, I once put my headphones on him and turned on some rap music to drown out the thunder; he stopped shaking immediately .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8433 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:12 AM
Two packages: social_childhood_crush and social_childhood_crush_memory

Yes, packaged with UC Inteen.

Hope that helps!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#8434 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
We usually improvise by wrapping a towel around him and hold him until it's over (he's a miniature Schnauzer). Oddly enough, I once put my headphones on him and turned on some rap music to drown out the thunder; he stopped shaking immediately .

I make sure I put on tv or music and at the same time play with my dog to distract it.
My cat is just too scared. He always hide under a chair on sofa.
I would love something similar in the game.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#8435 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 12:58 PM
My dog used to have to have tranquilizers from the vet for thunder. Until she got old and went deaf; then she couldn't hear it.
Instructor
#8436 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:31 AM
I would like a "Have Some Situational Awareness, Dummy!" hack which would fix stupid AI decisions. For example, when you intersect two sofas with moveobjects to create an L-shaped sofa and as soon as you test it, Sims will insist on sitting in the unusable corner, even though they have 4 other vacant seats!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8437 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I would like a "Have Some Situational Awareness, Dummy!" hack which would fix stupid AI decisions. For example, when you intersect two sofas with moveobjects to create an L-shaped sofa and as soon as you test it, Sims will insist on sitting in the unusable corner, even though they have 4 other vacant seats!

Doesn't the object blocker thing work for that? I use that a lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8438 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:46 PM
Boy, do I have one that I'd love to see:
Growing grass!
If the grass grew (and not just weeds) one could have a lawn tractor that mows the lawn, (or just a push mower-build body skill) and improves the environment, plus they'd be able to use it as a car!
Yeah, I know, someone made a 'weed grow' hack, but it's not the same-although mowing weeds would work the same way.
Heck, we've got growing trees, and flowers, why not grass?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#8439 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 6:56 PM
I would upvote 30 times if I could!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8440 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Boy, do I have one that I'd love to see:
Growing grass!
If the grass grew (and not just weeds) one could have a lawn tractor that mows the lawn,

Lawn tractor!!! Yes please!

I would like if the neighbours could come around and shout at my sim when they let the dandelions grow, just like real life!
Instructor
#8441 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:15 PM
The lawnmower is here, but, I bet a mod to make the grass grow would be impossible. There's too many variables, like the roof I can't build lol.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/278913
Alchemist
#8442 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:28 PM
Growable grass is definitely not impossible. The game already includes a similar mechanism, with growable weeds.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8443 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:35 PM
Plus there is growable hay and grass by Sun&Moon over on PBK for animals to eat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8444 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:46 PM
I wonder if the 'growable' grass could be put down without any animals around, and let go.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#8445 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Lawn tractor!!! Yes please!

I would like if the neighbours could come around and shout at my sim when they let the dandelions grow, just like real life!

There is a complaint mechanism in Apartment Life. Though it'd be a bit silly if someone walked all the way over from another subhood to complain about the dandelions.

Mad Poster
#8446 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 3:56 AM
I don't know about that-Mortimer Goth is famous for going all the way across town to yell at someone for spying on him with their telescope...

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8447 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I wonder if the 'growable' grass could be put down without any animals around, and let go.

Yes, it's a buyable object. I also have buyable growable 'weeds' which look like flowers, they spread. As for the ride on, I think I would prefer to have sims use a push mower since I don't care for the fast movement of the ride on. I tried it back in my old game. It's based on the remote control car and looks more like they are on a ride than working.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8448 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

But dandelions are pretty.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8449 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
But dandelions are pretty.

Yesh, that's what I told them!

Mad Poster
#8450 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 2:37 PM
I still want a sim to buy another sim a drink at the (fermented) fruit juice bar (annual reminder)
I mean, if they can buy coffee for another sim, why not a drink as well?
Page 338 of 576