Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8401 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:20 AM
Thanks. I might swap it in when playing my desert subhoods and then back out.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8402 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A program to disable certain mods so that you don't have to take 'em out of the folder. Very quick and clean especially for those that have thousands and thousands of cc and hacks.
there are 2 programs that can do this. main site's Content Manager (now accessable through Wayback Machine version of site) and Clean Installer.
Alchemist
#8403 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
An object that reduces the amount of precipitation on any lot it's placed on. For the desert neighbourhoods. Even if you set it to perpetual summer you still have a lot of rain.

There is a mod that does that, right here on MTS. I can't remember the name but, I'll try to find it.

ETA: Duh, I should've remembered it was by Sophie-David. Always go with your gut, people: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520899

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#8404 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:58 AM
I checked the mod by Sophie-David, but I am not sture whether it's what I am looking for.
I would like to see a forecast weather report that's actually correct (I know not really realistic maybe). Because the one on TV and in the paper aren't always right.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
there are 2 programs that can do this. main site's Content Manager (now accessable through Wayback Machine version of site) and Clean Installer.

I just put them in a zip or rarfile again. Then the game won't load it and it doesn't take up as much space.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#8405 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
Ugh..speaking of that, I would like a mod to get rid of the weather caster's constant spam. The only telly channel sims can watch to gain science interest is the weather, and the guy is constantly spouting off stupid crap. For some reason the game thinks I HAVE to know what he's saying. I DON'T CARE. It's not funny and is just constant and repetitive.

**looks around, realizes she's ranting a bit, wipes the spittle from her face, and fades into background**

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8406 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:32 PM
Aw, I think he's funny. XD
Alchemist
#8407 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
about compressing files; there is at least one way for such files to still be recognized by game. Compressorizer program. not sure where I downloaded it.
Field Researcher
#8408 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
A mod that reworks how monetary inheritance works. For example, you can choose who will inherit and how much (instead of random sum showing up from nowhere). Also maybe adding inheritance/insurance claim not only to old age but to other types of death as well.
Mad Poster
#8409 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:31 AM
Squinge, I think, has a mod that gives out insurance if you die for any reason.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
about compressing files; there is at least one way for such files to still be recognized by game. Compressorizer program. not sure where I downloaded it.

DJS Sims?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#8410 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:36 AM
@lientebollemeis, I can't help you with the weather station but Sophie-David's mod lets you customize the weather more. Bulbizarre's example is best one I can think of as an example; you can set up Strangetown or another desert hood to have mostly summer or even eternal summer. But it still rains a lot, way more than it should for a desert. The mod lets you place items down that increase the chances for certain types of weather effects. So that you can set up your desert hoods to get little to no rain, your mountain hoods to get heavy snow fall, your tropical hoods to have a monsoon season, etc.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#8411 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 3:52 AM
Actually, I grew up in a desert, and for the last half of the summer there was a massive thunderstorm almost every day at 6 PM on the dot. That's what monsoon season does. There was just no precipitation at any other time of the year. If I were modding the weather for a desert, I would probably just want "no rain in Spring", "no snow in Winter", "No dormant fruit trees or frozen ponds", and a general elevation of outside temperatures in all seasons so that being outside for too long in the Summer caused heatstroke and sims didn't need coats in Winter. Also, elevated bills in the Summer to represent the cost of running the A/C all the time. Then you would just play with the normal seasons.
Top Secret Researcher
#8412 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 4:12 PM
A mod that I would really like is changing the name of the game Rock Paper Scissors into Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.
I don't think it's needed to change or add the animation (though that would be cool). Just changing the name in the menu would make me happy

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#8413 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 10:23 PM
@lientebollemis If I were you, I would go and change the name of the interaction myself, because it probably takes little to no effort doing that... Not that I have no experience and I might just be aone of a fool giving any sort of programming advice. Though I would go and learn to do that uncomplex task because I assume it would take minimal brain power to do the thing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#8414 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@lientebollemeis If I were you, I would go and change the name of the interaction myself, because it probably takes little to no effort doing that... Not that I have no experience and I might just be aone of a fool giving any sort of programming advice. Though I would go and learn to do that uncomplex task because I assume it would take minimal brain power to do the thing.

I am sorry. I appear to have less than minimul brain power as I don't even know where to start such an uncomplex task. I know it's a very small effort, but I just don't know how to start and in programming it's better you know what you're doing to not mess things up.
Maybe you can help me find out how to make those changes? Or someone else?

I would be very grateful as I have tons of other ideas like this.

Field Researcher
#8415 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:02 AM Last edited by clsve : 25th Jun 2018 at 9:15 AM.
You only have to change strings in some lines in 2 Pie Meny Strings-files:
Instance 0x00000081 Group 0x7F01EC29 and
Instance 0x00000080 Group 0x7F4FEA83

Here is how:
First prepare a folder somewhere on your harddrive(s) to use for savings!

1, In SimPE open (a copy of) objects.package from your latest EP
2. In Resource Tree select Pie Menu Strings (TTAs)
3. In Resource List click on Group to sort it
4. Scroll down to line with group 0x7F01EC29 and select it
5. Right-click and select Extract in the appearing pop-up
6. In the appearing File-dialog navigate to the folder you prepared above and save the extracted file
7. Scoll down to line with group 0x7F4FEA83 and select it
8. Right-click and select Extract in the appearing pop-up
9. In the appearing File-dialog save the extracted file
10. In SimPE select File/New to create a new package-file
11. Right-click in Resource Tree and select Add in the appearing pop-up
12 If the appearing file-dialog don’t show your saved files navigate to them
13. Select all three files and press Enter
14. Select File/SaveAs and chose a proper name, press Enter
15. In Resource list open the line with group 0x7F01EC29
16. In Plug-in view scroll down to line 0x017B (379) Play.../Rock Paper Scissors and select it
17. In field String type your desired string
18 Press Commit File and then File/Save
19. In Resource list open the line with group 0x7F4FEA83
20. In Pplug-in view change both lines to your desired string
21 Press Commit File and then File/Save
22. Close SimPE 23. Copy your new package-file to your Downloads-folder
24. Done!
Top Secret Researcher
#8416 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clsve
You only have to change strings in some lines in 2 Pie Meny Strings-files:
Instance 0x00000081 Group 0x7F01EC29 and
Instance 0x00000080 Group 0x7F4FEA83

Here is how:
First prepare a folder somewhere on your harddrive(s) to use for savings!

1, In SimPE open (a copy of) objects.package from your latest EP
2. In Resource Tree select Pie Menu Strings (TTAs)
3. In Resource List click on Group to sort it
4. Scroll down to line with group 0x7F01EC29 and select it
5. Right-click and select Extract in the appearing pop-up
6. In the appearing File-dialog navigate to the folder you prepared above and save the extracted file
7. Scoll down to line with group 0x7F4FEA83 and select it
8. Right-click and select Extract in the appearing pop-up
9. In the appearing File-dialog save the extracted file
10. In SimPE select File/New to create a new package-file
11. Right-click in Resource Tree and select Add in the appearing pop-up
12 If the appearing file-dialog don’t show your saved files navigate to them
13. Select all three files and press Enter
14. Select File/SaveAs and chose a proper name, press Enter
15. In Resource list open the line with group 0x7F01EC29
16. In Plug-in view scroll down to line 0x017B (379) Play.../Rock Paper Scissors and select it
17. In field String type your desired string
18 Press Commit File and then File/Save
19. In Resource list open the line with group 0x7F4FEA83
20. In Pplug-in view change both lines to your desired string
21 Press Commit File and then File/Save
22. Close SimPE 23. Copy your new package-file to your Downloads-folder
24. Done!

Thank you so much for this. I will try it out tonight.
I could have never found this myself.
It's really something I have never done before.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8417 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:46 AM
@clsve Perhaps you could upload the file you shared earlier- I'm sure many would like this!

Thanks for the tutorial.
Instructor
#8418 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 9:29 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 27th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM.
More and better roofing options.

Edit: I'd like to see a way to draw individual roof pieces like walls and be able to adjust the width on top and bottom and angle.
Forum Resident
#8419 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 4:25 AM
Bedding recolors that match Rhodium bed blankets.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#8420 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Bedding recolors that match Rhodium bed blankets.

@AliaD85
http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Programs.htm
At the bottom you'll find Lucs easy bedding texture creator.
I have used it to make bedding myself.

Mad Poster
#8421 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:39 AM
Quote:
A mod that reworks how monetary inheritance works. For example, you can choose who will inherit and how much (instead of random sum showing up from nowhere). Also maybe adding inheritance/insurance claim not only to old age but to other types of death as well.

Quote:
Squinge, I think, has a mod that gives out insurance if you die for any reason.

This is the hack that enables non-elder insurance-it's by Monique, not Squinge:
Enabled Insurance Policy to Non-Elder

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#8422 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 6:44 PM
A childhood crush mod would be cute...I don't know how that would come to be, but it'd be cute for children to be able to get crushes on each other and even be able to give each other a little peck using the family kiss animation. I don't know what the equivalent of flirting would be to get their relationship flags to crushes, though...
Alchemist
#8423 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
A childhood crush mod would be cute...I don't know how that would come to be, but it'd be cute for children to be able to get crushes on each other and even be able to give each other a little peck using the family kiss animation. I don't know what the equivalent of flirting would be to get their relationship flags to crushes, though...

Maybe a clone of the give gift interaction? Same with the kid pranks, as I know some kids tease the kid they have a crush on.

Mad Poster
#8424 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

I think there is one. I think I got it packaged in with the UC Inteen version as an option or something . . . maybe took it out because it wasn't my tastes, but I think that's what I remember.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#8425 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:23 PM
Bigfoot be able to be either gender. and the pre-Adult ages be added to Bigfoot.
zombie/vampire/servo/werewolf/witch; those creatures be able to have also their respective "missing" ages.

maybe sim adoption equivalents specifically for each creature; zombie/vampire/servo/werewolf/plantsim/Bigfoot/witch.
Page 337 of 576