Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 12:08 AM
where can i get simspe?
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#52 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 1:12 AM
http://sims.ambertation.de/

Reading is good for you.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redrose3436
i hate to be so annoying, but im pretty sure thats what im doing. plus, i have probably hundreds of custom content files in that folder, and not one shows up in body shop.

Is your version of bodyshop the one that came with the game or the one that was released before the original game? I realize that they should be the same and it should not matter but I had a very similar problem to yours back when I was still running the bodyshop I had had from before the game was released. Custom content just would not show up in game. Hair, clothes, makeup,...it was really a pain especially since I found most of the stuff that came with the game so darn boring. The whole issue worked itself out somewhere between University and nightlife. I had so many issues with my games and through both of the earlier expansions I pretty much had to start from scratch more than once. I have lost sooo many sims and entire neighborhoods that even if I tried saving and placing back into the game after a reinstall just never worked properly. Anyway at some point I finally uninstalled EVERYTHING. Bodyshop and the game and my expansions and then just reinstalled allowing the game to install bodyshop from the game disks. I kept nothing but my downloads folder and even that I went through carefully for any wierd items or hacks that I thought might in the smallest way mess with my game. Anyway doing that finally completely solved my problem. I have no idea what you will need to do to solve yours but be prepared for it to be as drastic and devastating as my solution ended up being. I have to admit by that time I had gotten pretty used to losing entire neighborhoods of beloved sims. In fact within the last several months is the first time since I bought the original game (as soon as it was released) that I have had a third generation born in my game.
Anyway my ramblings aside the bodyshop that you have may or may not be at fault. To be honest I don't think I ever heard of anyone else having the problem I had with the bodyshop that could be downloaded prior to the game release. However that could be because most people were just smarter than I and deleted the other bodyshop before beginning the game install.
I only hope that this might help you even a little bit.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 9:49 PM
The pre-release version and the release versions of BodyShop are very different. Best use the release version.

Test Subject
#55 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 11:42 AM
I don't have a SavedSims folder.
Part-time Hermit
#56 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 11:45 AM
Try creating a project with Bodyshop and exporting it into the game, I believe this should create a Saved Sims folder.
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 11:50 AM
Thank you. I'll try that.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#58 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 5:17 PM
Just open Bodyshop, it'll create the folder.

Test Subject
#59 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redrose3436
i hate to be so annoying, but im pretty sure thats what im doing. plus, i have probably hundreds of custom content files in that folder, and not one shows up in body shop.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? my downloads used to all show up in the body shop, now none of them do including my sim I was trying to extract from the game. So it sounds like I am haivng the same problem you did, so I was wondering how you fixed it?
Test Subject
#60 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 7:22 PM
Default problem
I extracted my sims, the show up in bodyshop, but they disappeared from the game. Help!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#61 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 8:15 PM
You mean the originals no longer show? Or you can;t see the tempaltes in bodyshop?

Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 9:38 PM
the originals in the game no longer show. I see them in bodyshop, I don't see them in game
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 12:26 PM
Does this work with a pregnant sim too? I want to upload maternity clothes so I need a pregnant sim to show these outfits.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#64 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:59 PM
It won't transfer their pregnant state.

Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:36 AM
About the disappearing Sims, did you change the file name of the extracted clone? If you kept the name the same (N001_User00182, for example is Sprite Cola), the game cannot recognize the character file. Your Sim may be on the lot but will only have a red plumbbob. Always, ALWAYS, change that file name. Hell, throw an extension on the end (N001_User00182_Clone) and that little change makes it read-able in BS and Create-A-Sim and have no effet on the original Sim, Sprite Cola.

For those players who cannot get BS to even open up, check your 'The Sims 2' folder for MMDump files (something like that). Delete those as well as the 'groups.cache' and 'cigen' files. Bodyshop should load up next time, if very slowly. Make a sandwich or something if you have a lot of custom content. Wait for the program to do its thing. If it seems too long, check the folder again for odd files.
Test Subject
#66 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:03 AM
Ack I am also having a problem with my Sim showing up in BodyShop. I have put the file both in SavedSims and in Downloads--it just isn't showing up in BodyShop. What could be happening?

PS: There are 7 Sims showing up in my BodyShop. I only have 3 sims in my SavedSims folder and many more than 7 in my downloads. So where on Earth is it pulling from?
Test Subject
#67 Old 27th Sep 2006 at 4:59 PM
Thank you. [Quick Note] I'm not sure if this was covered, but, the sims that appear in bodyshop DO NOT have the ( * ) on them, they do not show as custon sims.

Visit ( My ) Space. ://Signature Coming Soon
Test Subject
#68 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:05 PM
My Sims won't show up in SimPE!?! All I've is numbers and no names, what am I doing wrong???
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 11:14 PM
Something similar happened to me. Numbers and nothing, as if it has the wrong folder or something. It was frustrating as hell, nothing would show up after the first few times that it worked, until I reinstalled SimPE and then it worked fine again. Maybe you should just try reinstalling it. Might be a bug in Simpe.
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 1:21 PM
Thanks so much Lostuser!!!! It worked. :>
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 10:33 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#72 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:56 AM
Default SimPe Clones do not show in bodyshop
Ive done everything in the tutorial but nothing seems to show up in the bodyshop. Can someone please help me out? I am new to this. Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Samantha
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 5:44 AM
can anybody say to me if i can change the "dummi" i wan't to have the normal sim but whit the body of a superhero but whitout using any dress do tou now what i meen?
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:54 AM
Default University answer
Quote: Originally posted by The Dying Informant
Thanks you guys.

I need some help with this, I have a question.

K, say I want to change the appearance of a Sim I've already made and put in the game. So I do these steps and get him/her in bodyshop and start editing. THEN what do I do next to override the character thats still in-game, so that it can have the changes I made, but still keep its memories, personality, and all its traits? Just to replace its look?

Also, are you able to package a Sim not just from Bodyshop, but after you've giving it its personality and traits like that? So that you can give it to someone else with its personality, experiences and relationships intact?

people with university have the plastic segury table as a career reward.

I love Fallout 2/3/NV, Sims 2/3, and my XBOX :)
Oblivion > Skyrim
Oblivion < Skyrim+DLC
Please check my content for Petz5 if you are a fan :)
Petzneedhomes (I'm working on adding a Sims3 section, but it is still invisible.)
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Dying Informant
Thanks you guys.
K, say I want to change the appearance of a Sim I've already made and put in the game. So I do these steps and get him/her in bodyshop and start editing. THEN what do I do next to override the character thats still in-game, so that it can have the changes I made, but still keep its memories, personality, and all its traits? Just to replace its look?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I looked through the responses below but none of them seems to address this. I'm not interested in uploading my sim anywhere, I just want to change her in-game appearance while keeping all of her memories etc in tact.
Page 3 of 7