Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 6:24 PM
Default University Mascot irresistible to every sim? Are Llamas that hot?
I have been playing sims without any mods for a project I'm doing so I usually have to mod that stops the annoying "starting a new save" routines like university mascot coming over.

Now in a row three separate sims in separate worlds have each of them found the mascot irresistible. I get the little jingle, the hearts effect with the thought bubble with the mascot head and a popup about it!

Has this always been a thing but I never noticed because mods?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 6:27 PM
It's a thing. I get that 90% of the time in every new game. I guess the game does that to encourage interaction beyond just receiving the gift basket.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 6:33 PM
Good to know it's just not me! I wonder what is so attractive about the Llama mascot. Are most sims just secret furries?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hansyfk
Good to know it's just not me! I wonder what is so attractive about the Llama mascot. Are most sims just secret furries?

I just think that sims are hella horny. Can't have a night out with any of my active households without having everyone and their grandma trying to jump each other's bones.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 8:16 PM
While I like the secret furry idea, I believe it's a part of the attraction system, letting you know that the game thinks you and the mascot have romantic chemistry.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 8:49 PM Last edited by igazor : 21st Feb 2024 at 9:17 PM.
What's being described here is the just met/potential for attraction routine (not saying that the sims in question are actually attracted) that was introduced with the Seasons patch. I would say that routine looks like it was designed by a 12 yr old, but most 12 yr olds I know would find that offensive. The silliest place I've seen it with the hearts flying across the screen and everything was when a robotic sarcophagus mummy in the tombs proclaimed such attraction potential for one of my sims just as it (the mummy) was proceeding to beat the tar out of him for disturbing the guarded jewels or whatever.

Many players do indeed mod this routine out one way or another. I've always just rolled my eyes, snickered, and ignored it as it's all really quire meaningless. I doubt your sims are staying up all night thinking up ways to seduce the mascot, unless that's something they are into for other reasons.
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 11:11 PM
Child: "Mummy, there's a strange creature at the door with a man's head stuck in its throat".

Mother: "Hmm, sounds like my kind of guy!"

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
While I like the secret furry idea, I believe it's a part of the attraction system, letting you know that the game thinks you and the mascot have romantic chemistry.

Uh... Have you SEEN those mascots naked? HELLO!!!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Uh... Have you SEEN those mascots naked? HELLO!!!

The more interesting question is whether the mascots keep their masks on during...uhm, intimate moments, and then later on when they fall asleep. I have some screenshots stashed away someplace. But I won't give any of that away, the player has to figure it out if they want those questions answered for themselves.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The more interesting question is whether the mascots keep their masks on during...uhm, intimate moments, and then later on when they fall asleep. I have some screenshots stashed away someplace. But I won't give any of that away, the player has to figure it out if they want those questions answered for themselves.

You mean like, "You can leave your hat on"???

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I just think that sims are hella horny. Can't have a night out with any of my active households without having everyone and their grandma trying to jump each other's bones.

Your sims are educated, they seen a lot of the news of the declining world population and be like the I'm doing my part! Grandma is just vibing and leading by example. Good on her!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 11:56 AM
The silliest place I've seen it with the hearts flying across the screen and everything was when a robotic sarcophagus mummy in the tombs proclaimed such attraction potential for one of my sims just as it (the mummy) was proceeding to beat the tar out of him for disturbing the guarded jewels or whatever.

Silliest?! You must mean the best! I don't play much WA. Are the mommies something you could have a normal relationship with like with townies? Because I like this story line how mommy met daddy.

Edit: offtopic how in the f can I get multiple quotes in one message? It seems like everytime I press quote the website opens the edit text thing and when i press submit, it just makes another post?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 3:03 PM
Silliest?! You must mean the best! I don't play much WA. Are the mommies something you could have a normal relationship with like with townies? Because I like this story line how mommy met daddy.

Mummies as an occult state that sims have are generally approachable. Sarcophagus mummies are more like robots, a special case, and can't really be socialized or messed around with. They are programmed to protect the tomb they are assigned to up to the point of possibly conveying a deadly curse to their victims. and really nothing more. So subjecting them to the Seasons patch attraction routine is the silly part.

On a different part of the storyline, my sims summoned a mummy by way of the canopic jar challenge and brought her home with them, She now works in the Egyptology department of the local library that I created for her and acts like my sims' surrogate grandmother (more like a grandmother/great grandmother might really act, she adores their young children for example), except I've never seen her try to seduce the Uni Mascot.

Edit: offtopic how in the f can I get multiple quotes in one message? It seems like everytime I press quote the website opens the edit text thing and when i press submit, it just makes another post?

You have to manipulate the QUOTE and /QUOTE BBCodes, the ones within brackets, much like html codes to create multiple blocks of quoted text.
Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Elynda : 22nd Feb 2024 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Correcting hilarious typo
@igazor

Quote:
On a different part of the storyline, my sims summoned a mummy by way of the canopic jar challenge and brought her home with them, She now works in the Egyptology department of the local library that I created for her and acts like my sims' surrogate grandmother (more like a grandmother/great grandmother might really act, she adores their young children for example), except I've never seen her try to seduce the Uni Mascot.

You know, we might just have the solution to an ancient mystery here. I seem to recall reading that there is a strange animal depicted in ancient Egyptian art, and nobody is quite sure what it is supposed to be. No such creature lives there now, and there is no archaeological or fossil evidence of it ever living there. Maybe it was ancient Egypt's version of a llama mascot. Your mummy may have had a bit of unpleasantness with one when she was alive, and now tends to give them a wide berth.

Well, it's just a suggestion..

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 6:20 PM Last edited by igazor : 22nd Feb 2024 at 6:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
@igazor

Your mummy may have had a bit of unpleasantness with one when she was alive, and now tends to give them a wide birth.

Well, it's just a suggestion..

I'm not usually one to go around pretending to be the grammar police. But I'm sorry, this typo for some reason is striking me as really funny. Not an expert on the subject, but anytime a human gives birth (as opposed to berth) to a llama, I would imagine it would be quite wide. And extra traumatic to both the human and the llama.
Scholar
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 8:29 PM
Whoops!

Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 10:20 PM
I'm not usually one to go around pretending to be the grammar police. But I'm sorry, this typo for some reason is striking me as really funny. Not an expert on the subject, but anytime a human gives birth (as opposed to berth) to a llama, I would imagine it would be quite wide. And extra traumatic to both the human and the llama.

Umm... Is that something that happens in one of those naughty mods?