Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 6:20 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:00 PM.
Default The Raised by Animals Challenge
My first challenge, so don't shoot me if something is wrong!

Your mum and dad ran off into the woods when you were a baby. Now, you're a toddler, living with just your teenage sister/brother and your 2 dogs and 2 cats.
You a being raised by your older sibling, a strange old lady which doesn't do anything helpful (aka the nanny), and your two dogs and cats.

Rules:
You will have 2 dogs, one of either gender.
You will have 2 cats, one of either gender.
You must have a teenage brother or sister.
You must be a toddler.
Nannies are allowed, maids and other home help (apart from repairmen) are not.
You are allowed only two pet beds/kennels.
Only two pet food bowls are allowed.
Sound Simple? Well, it's not!
There is NO cribs allowed! No type of toddler bed allowed!
There is NO high chairs allowed, and the toddler is not allowed bottles. (Just cancel the interaction if someone tries to give the toddler a bottle)
Your toddler must live off pet beds for energy, and pet food for hunger. Change tables and potties are allowed.

The Aim:
The aim is just to raise a toddler by using only animal products! Can you do it? Or will you fail?

Cheats:
NO money cheats.
NO motive cheats, nor are you allowed to use any hack to raise motives.
You may NOT cheat for skills.
Moveobjects is allowed for placing furniture.

Scoring:
-10 for every bottle drank by toddler.
-20 for every time toddler aspiration goes red.
-20 for every -D for teen (They are sims too, you know!)
-50 for every pet taken away.
Game over if toddler is taken.
+10 for every day passed.
+20 for every time toddler gets platinum aspiration.
+30 for every command learned by pet.
+30 for every A+ for teen.
+100 for every puppy/kitten born.

It's fun, trust me!

IMPORTANT NOTES!!!!
You need to make a parent in CAS and then kill them off in game!
You may use Phaenoh's toddler bed cloned from the pet bed!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:05 AM
This sounds wacky and fun. However, I don't have Freetime, or is it Apartment life, that gives toddlers the ability to sleep on pet beds. But otherwise, it sounds interesting.

Can toddlers eat pet food, with just pets pack? Is the eating pet food something that came with a later pack. I've never had a toddler eat pet food, but I don't play pets much. I rather dislike the critters. I may just give this a try, but changed to work with up to Bon voyage.

Of course, this could be an April Fools day joke. Still sounds interesting.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:25 AM
I've never tried a challenge before. I think I'll try this lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eccentricgnat
This sounds wacky and fun. However, I don't have Freetime, or is it Apartment life, that gives toddlers the ability to sleep on pet beds. But otherwise, it sounds interesting.

Can toddlers eat pet food, with just pets pack? Is the eating pet food something that came with a later pack. I've never had a toddler eat pet food, but I don't play pets much. I rather dislike the critters. I may just give this a try, but changed to work with up to Bon voyage.

Of course, this could be an April Fools day joke. Still sounds interesting.

OK, I made an exception to the rules. You may use the toddler mat cloned from the dog bed in pets by Phaenoh in this set. As far as I know, you don't need AL for toddlers to use that mat.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 8:15 AM
It won't work. There has to be an adult
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
It won't work. There has to be an adult

Oops, forgot to add to the first page, to make an adult (that's related to them) in CAS, then kill them off (you may cheat for that) and then begin.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 11:04 AM
In scoring...does the toddler's red aspiration from having the mom die count?

Edit: I give up I think lol. This one's too hard.
And annoying with that baby squallin all the time LOL.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxSugah
In scoring...does the toddler's red aspiration from having the mom die count?

Edit: I give up I think lol. This one's too hard.
And annoying with that baby squallin all the time LOL.

he he, it is hard. No, you don't lose points for mum dying, and you are aloud to cheat to get it green or on borderline after you kill mum.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:29 PM
i have everything up to FT, and my toddlers have tried eating pet food and i think sleeping in beds before, so i'm pretty sure AL isn't needed for that.
anyway, i might try some time, if i ever open my sims game again..... u know after i get caught up with all my classes.
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 10:22 PM
What kind of home and starting money is allowed? This sounds like tons of fun for me and prolly not for Sims (ha-ha on them).
Do they live in the woods with the critters or do they get some sort of house? Are they allowed everything but the items you disallowed above?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
What kind of home and starting money is allowed? This sounds like tons of fun for me and prolly not for Sims (ha-ha on them).
Do they live in the woods with the critters or do they get some sort of house? Are they allowed everything but the items you disallowed above?

Just in a normal house, but the woods would be a nice twist You are allowed everything but the items I disallowed. Just remember, no CC that will make it easier on your sims!
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 11:17 PM
i just made a "house" fo them. its trees and essentials
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 11:30 PM
i cheated im sorry i used motherlode
Theorist
#14 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 8:15 PM
Wow what a marvelous idea. I'm going to incorporate it into my game. Thank you.