Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 10:39 PM
Thanks!
Thanks so much for your time in making this tutorial! I don't have photoshop, but I do have another program that has the ability to change the "saturation". You make it very easy in this tutorial, I don't know why people were saying those things in the first couple posts...but yeah..

thanks again!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 8:47 AM
This tutorial was helpful and incredibly easy. Thank you so much! I'm off to try the next ones.
Test Subject
#78 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 9:10 PM
i'm new to this(obviously), and first of alli would like to say that this tutorial is very simple to follow, however i've come to a slight problem. i get all the way up to where my clothing is colored and i go to save-as and make sure it's saved correctly, but when i hit refresh in body shop nothing happens. did i perhaps do something wrong? please help!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 5:26 PM
i been creating stuff since the very beginning. but i have a very simple question:
which file(s) do i need to add while i'm uploading a creation on mds2? the project folder in 'projects' (which ones)?

in you rexample let me put this, normally i would upload "tutorialdress.package". Am I right?

thanks

.................................................................................
Sim2 Avatars - Still need some?
http://photobucket.com/albums/c89/gill_granier/
Test Subject
#80 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 1:05 AM
Very nice tutorial. I have recoulered my dress using Microsoft Picture It!
Thanks!
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 9:09 AM
Default I'm sorry...
I selected a dress, clicked Export Selected Textures, and typed in tutorialdress as the name for my first project. But when I hit the accept check mark, nothing happens. It isn't loading, just nothing happens. when I hit the X however, it does close. So....I'm not sure if my computer is being a pain or if I accidentally did something wrong? Are you familiar with this problem?

p.s. your tutorial has been great
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 10:35 PM
i cant do it!!!!
when i try to change the color of the dress i have to color it in. is that supposed to happen?also, when i refreash it says that i saved it in the wrong file,but im sure that i saved it in the right one!!!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#83 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:56 AM
No, you need to find the correct controls/options to change the color. If you just 'color it in' you're going to get a flat solid texture without the wrinkles and other shading that you will see if you look at the dress graphic.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#84 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 4:10 PM
It went very well!
Thank you for this great tutorial!
Test Subject
#85 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 4:27 PM
Yay! Thank you for making this tutorial! I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out and finally decided to root around for some help. I made my first recolor, yay!

You should see me as a chick. I look hot as a chick
- Gerard Way
We just have to watch Mikey and make sure he doesn't put anymore forks in the toaster.
- Frank Iero
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 5:31 PM
It's a very helpful tutorial. However, I'm having a problem when it comes to recoloring custom meshes. For example, the white meshes from sim chic are totally white like a blank pic, (no mesh visible) in the first file (the base texture name). I opened the file in photoshop and in paint and it's the same result in both. The alpha mesh is visible, but I know that is not the one that is recolored. Is a white custom mesh supposed to show up completely white? If not, what could the problem be as maxis meshes' base texture files do show up.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:23 AM
this tutorial was really excellent as were the others. thank you so much for takeing the time!
i'm haveing a problem which is that when i try to refresh i get a message saying that the content can not be imported, and to check that it is in the correct location and format. but i am saveing it as a .bmp, and i have checked in my projects folder, and the correct version is in there as a .bmp...
it's really weird, it was working two seconds ago.
have any ideas? thanks again!
Test Subject
#88 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 7:53 PM
photoshops alot does anyone know were its cheap
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 7:55 PM
ytrtrr5trr
Test Subject
#90 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 9:42 PM
hey where can i get PhotoShop ???
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:25 AM
im not sure if this has been answered, but when i upload a sim, it looks fine in bodyshop but its really blurry and has large pixels in the game. i tried changing the dimensions to 1024X1024 but it didnt help. can you help me?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#92 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 9:26 AM
Assuming that your graphic is still totally sharp at 1024x1024 - then in the FAQ (stickied at the top of this forum) is a link about bodyshop items being blurry. Here:

For some people, the resolution on their projects divides in half when they upgrade. Your image size for your clothing projects should be 1024 x 1024 pixels. Callum91 has also explained how to do a fix here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...9603#post799603

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#93 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:53 AM
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I recolored a few of Maxis's items and I felt so proud of myself, lol. It was very easy to follow. I can't wait to read the rest, but first I am going to recolor a few more until I am sure I am ready to move on.
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:21 AM
Default photoshop
Quote: Originally posted by Cadd_Gogg
Hi, I've followed all the rules and now i go to save in photoshop and it my other files don't come up and down at the bottom it will only let me see psd* files and won't let me change please help!

If it only lets you save as a psd file...you might need to check and see if all the layers are <B>Flattened</b>

Image > Flatten Image
Try again
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#95 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 4:11 PM
Photoshop should automatically flatten without that step - if you flatten your image you need to save and then immediately undo the flatten, to preserve your layers so that you can make further adjustments as needed. Did you try 'Save As' Cadd_Gogg?

Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 4:18 PM
Default No 'Projects' folder :S
Hi, the tutorial was really helpful as I didnt have a clue what to do! But, after clicking export in body shop, and it says it has saved to the Projects folder under the sims 2. There is no project folder, just CSBin, support, TSBin, TSData. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks :D.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 7:11 PM
Thank you so very much, never even knew the Body Shop existed, now I managed to recolour my first tracksuit! Thank you!

Having problems with custom content after installing a new EP? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197511 might help :)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#98 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 11:06 AM
katifer5, you're looking in the wrong folders. Custom stuff isn't in the GAME directory, it's in the MY DOCUMENTS/EA GAMES/SIMS 2/.... or something like that. I'm not going to look it up, you'll find it if you start with 'My Documents'

Field Researcher
#99 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 3:15 AM
OMGOSH YAY I RECOLORED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome tutorial, thanks so much!!

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Test Subject
#100 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamliz13
this tutorial was really excellent as were the others. thank you so much for takeing the time!
i'm haveing a problem which is that when i try to refresh i get a message saying that the content can not be imported, and to check that it is in the correct location and format. but i am saveing it as a .bmp, and i have checked in my projects folder, and the correct version is in there as a .bmp...
it's really weird, it was working two seconds ago.
have any ideas? thanks again!

I am suffering this exact same problem, despits having done everything according to instruction and double-checking that the size, filename and where I saved the image were correct. I am doing this on a Mac, could it be a problem? My apologies if this question has already been answered, I did read the whole thread.
Page 4 of 15