Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 4:14 AM
Default What is your favorite building style?
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldenSimmer
What types of lots have you always enjoyed building? Personally, I've always enjoyed building beach lots, since I like 5 miles from the coast. Why don't you tell us what you enjoy building, I know everyday enjoys some sort of style.

I like building Ye Olde Elizabethan Houses with Ye Olde Flagstones. On the inside, though, strangely, everything is middle-of-the-road, modern, neutral and contemporary.

btw - love Pine Cove!

D. Jones
Wiki Wizard
#3 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:50 PM
I love to build modernist housing It is so unique and varied, i love anything like that, i also LOVE landscaping, it the best part of the lot for me

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 1:40 PM
I like building cottages and land houses as well as contemporary styled houses.
And I did some themed lots with custom content I created extra for them. That was much fun.
And for apartments I like the old European or modern style.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 2:25 PM
Although, I dont build much, I love to make beach homes too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 2:52 PM
I usually like building any kind of lot, that you know is possible in the sims 2. Rofl. And F-P, don't you mean you like building homes by the shore. XD
#7 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 11:06 PM
I love building victorian homes, but I cn never get the facade or porch quite right!
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 6:25 AM
I like castles therefore I love Victorians because they remind me of little castles. I don't know if anyone notices, but I tend to make a lot of Victorians.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 1:21 PM
^ Yeah, i noticed, and they are awesome too! :D

I like building modern...ish homes. Really i don't think my style comes close to anything else but modern. But my favorite style that i can't build all too well is victorian, they look so grand and pretty!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Wiki Wizard
#10 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 5:12 PM
Yeah just a tad christine

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Scholar
#11 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
Yeah just a tad christine

You think?

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:17 PM
I like building apartments as in Holland we have a lot of them and I see them everyday. A lot of the apartments are old mansions, so I like a shabby chic style.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 6:02 PM
I don't know if I like to build in any particular style. Most of my lots seem to be more contempo, despite the style. Usually I'll see something and get interested and try to recreate that look. One thing I know is what I can't make. Cute little victorians which I love, and big castle type lots just don't look right to me if I try them.

Rose Hill

I love this one the most
Dedication, Determination, Deliberation
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 5:02 PM
Lately, I have enjoyed building apartments as well as starter homes on the smallest lots that can sometimes include quite a lot of landscaping. Particularly with the added challenge of building something affordable for the senior Sims. I have always wanted to build some beach lots, but have never really been able to get them to look right. It'll be a fun project to try and get right for the future.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:57 AM
Real places. Preferably English ones

Please note: This account is stolen from my son! I R RubberMan! NOT RubberBoy! Thank you :)

Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them.
-- Dick Van Dyke
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thaila
Lately, I have enjoyed building apartments as well as starter homes on the smallest lots that can sometimes include quite a lot of landscaping. Particularly with the added challenge of building something affordable for the senior Sims. I have always wanted to build some beach lots, but have never really been able to get them to look right. It'll be a fun project to try and get right for the future.

I love apartment lots, I really never play them but I just like the whole atmosphere it creates around the game.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:47 AM
I really like creating realistic style homes. Usually I base them on real places or floorplans I find. Like many here I love Victorian style homes. I also really love traditional Japanese architecture, but I find it hard to get it into the game just right. I have made several attempts that I'm happy with, but some of my favorite aspects are a bit harder to have actually work in the game.

Musiquefille's Modest Mods - well, lots really.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 5:33 PM
I love to build modern homes and mediterranean ones too, I just love the look of them all x] I don't like to build really big homes though, I like them small and functional so they don't cost too much.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:12 AM
I love the American house style... like this

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alessio^89^
I love the American house style... like this

That's a great house!

I like to build all types of homes. I tend to stick to the "starter" houses, the little ones. Probably b/c my sister is always asking me to build her a house, since she thinks she can't! But she doesn't like to use any cheats so she has to buy "cheap".

I have not yet tackled the beach building..yet - that's my next project!

I love to get ideas here!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier
One died for your soul;
The other for your freedom.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I like building cottages and land houses as well as contemporary styled houses.
And I did some themed lots with custom content I created extra for them. That was much fun.
And for apartments I like the old European or modern style.

I like old European style houses, too and despite the 'french' style I love victorians and other old English architecture styles like georgian very much, but I find it hard to build good victorians, especially without custom content -btw- I love your 4 starters set Christine, it's so nice :lovestruc
Theorist
#22 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 2:23 PM
Hello everyone. I'm not a advanced Sims 2 house designer but I think I'm pretty good. I love to build medium sized Residental lots. Usually 2 bedrooms 1.5 baths, and a big kitchen. My fave room has to be the kitchen. I just love decorating it. I may have only one uploaded lot but I am making more. I've just been really busy, reason for delay.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#23 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 2:53 PM
Kitchens are my favorite along with lving rooms, too. Hey stoffelsim! I have been watching your "rue de la promenade and fleurs" for a while now! So happy for you that you got a feature!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:33 AM
I just like building typical houses that you would see everyday, nothing fancy or anything.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Feb 2009 at 11:41 PM
Classical. I don't like modern, antique and smth like that very much. I prefer classic and wooden *_*. Dark wood is my love xd

Page 1 of 4