Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 10:20 PM
Default okay...
very good tutorial I must say. However, you lost me at the image part. For one thing you never said how to get the image actually on photoshop. I tried google, than moving the image to my desktop and then to photoshop, but then it wouldn't let me add a layer mask, and when I tried adding a new layer, it made the image black and white!!! Please help, I'm totally lost!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 4:30 PM
Thanks!! I can now all with clothes

Mega thanks! :P
Test Subject
#53 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 3:10 AM
What an awesome tutorial! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#54 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 8:17 AM
great tutorial.thanks.uhm do you know how i could use the ones that i have downloaded from this site?the ones that are ready made?.
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 1:33 AM
Nice! I made a new shirt, its kinda like a t-shirt but its got an adultswim logo on it! Hehehe!

Trixxi Starr says...
Quote:
"Fallen in the fields of battle the soldier asks, 'Who will remember me? Who will remember me??'
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th May 2008 at 7:23 PM
Default Im so happy
I'm so happy halfway through part 2 with my results that I saved to show it off to friends before adding the butterfly. Besides, I'm having probs with the copying and pasting of the alpha file. I am using Corel PSP photo x2 pro. Settings are a little different. I have the option to paste as a transparency layer but not exactly sure of what I am aiming for so don't know if it worked. I left it at that and will try to go back later. Unless someone else knows how to continue from that point....

DEVAH502 :D
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:23 PM
thanks so much!
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 1:25 PM
help
Ummm whats marquee tool????
If I download it then where do I download it

Try to answer dis

The Person That TELLS THE TRUTH!!
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 6:06 PM
Default Thank you + Sidenote
Hey!

First of all, I would like to thank you a lot for these tutorials! I have been wanting to create clothing for a long time. But I have been hesitating, because I thought it would be dificult. But you made it seem so simple, I just had to try it! And it is simple!

Now, I have been using Photoshop for quite a few years now, and I noticed that, if you want to see the 'edges' of the clothing, the ones the Alpha layer display, you ajust the layer's opacity.

Perhaps it's just me, but I think it would be easier to change the layers blend mode to 'multiply'. This way, all that is white in the alpha layer will become 'transparent', while all that is black will stay black. Allowing you a much more clear view of the 'edges' and a much better view of the colors underneath.

Your method:

My method:

I hope you understand what I am saying, since English isn't my native language... I also hope that you find this usefull... I am not trying to be some kind of know it all person. I just want to help, this is just something I found out...
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 6:54 AM
A small question. . . .
This tutorial is great, but I have Paint.net. I could get into the tutorial a bit, but I just need to know: Does Paint.net have a Dodge tool or a tool like it? If not, how can I create highlights on the shirt?
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 3:01 PM
Wow- I love your tutorials! Even though I'm a complete beginner and you could call me green, I actually understand what to do now whereas when I tried myself... well, you get the picture. Thanks!

Studying: take the S-T-U off and it’s just dying.
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 1:50 AM
I have a question, when i recolor clothes, if i want to go back after closing gimp, and work ont hem again, the layer i add ontop to recolor is gone, and i cant see the outline of my dress at all, let alone texture it, why cant i see the outline?
Test Subject
#63 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 2:47 AM
I add my bunny on the shirt Very good tutorial again. Thanks a lot! I'll se the rest too :D
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sultana
hi
i have a problem
when i use my marque tool it says

the bla bla bla is not higher then 50 %
what does that mean and how can i change it

Sultana, I also had this problem, so I did a search on the net and found out the answer on how to fix it. Here is this link to a short tutorial video on why and how to fix the problem, it's quite simple, you have a feather setting that needs to change. Here is the link. http://www.layersmagazine.com/warni...0-selected.html
Test Subject
#65 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:02 AM
Thanks Sooo much for this wonderful tut ! I have learned so much x
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 2:29 AM
Still just as informative without, but since these are linked in the tutorials section, is there any way to update this so that it includes photos again?

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 2:08 PM Last edited by ccgre : 15th Nov 2008 at 7:43 PM.
This may be a long shot but, by the way the tut. are great, I can only see the screen shots at the bottom of the screen. Up in the tut. I only see the white box with the red x in it. I am using Microsoft digital image so the names of the tools are different . I used the clone brush to remove the strip so I didn't have to play around with noise and hue, so I skipped that part of the tut. So scrolling up and down to see the pics is making me confused......... Anyway I changed the outfit saved it but when I try to refresh nothing happens. I tried saving as png, bmp, I tried doing a save as, save copy as, and just save I don't know why. I followed the first tut and I did it, I even did a couple of others......... OK I guess something was wrong with something because I got frustrated, turned everything off rebooted and when I started BS and opened my package the new color was there, go figure............. by the way how big is 150 kb in pixels or inched, I was trying to up load the end product and it said that my file was 415 kb can I resize it with my digital image............. Thank for the tut. and thanks to R.S. for all your help.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 6:30 AM
Wow, that's easy! thank's. I've learned everything at school too! So what I want to thank you here is the information you gave that I can edit my sims' clothes!
Test Subject
#69 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 3:55 AM
im having a few problems.
im using a newer version of photoshop, so its not all exactly the same.

im stuck on the butterfly thing. i dont know how to get it on the shirt.
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 10:47 PM Last edited by lin29 : 17th Jan 2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typos
Help...little red "X"'s everywhere
Hi all,
I'm trying to folow this series of tutorials but can't seem to get them to show up properly. The text downloads fine but where the little pics should be i just have a red x, even when i right click and try to 'show picture' they still don't work. It's really frustrating b/c alot of the instructions for this tutorial are in those little pics. They all show up together at the bottom of the page as screen shots, but i can't read the writing. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! Please help or maybe suggest another set of tutorials i can follow?
Thanks,
lin
Not actually evil.
#71 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 11:46 PM
If you have questions about this tutorial (or recoloring in general), you need to start a new thread in the BodyShop Recolouring Forum, not post here. Go to the Create menu, select BodyShop, click Recolouring, then click the New Thread button. Moderators and creators check that forum and answer questions there.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:46 AM
I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. Its really hard to find the right tools, sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes for me to find the right one. It's even harder, cuz I can't see the pics while I read the tutorial. When I tried to get rid of the stripe and put the noise in it looks... weird? Not right? I don't know the word. When I add noise its a whole bunch of random bright colors, like when a tv is messing up lol. I really wanna be able to make my own cc (and have it look GOOD.)

aero87 :bunny:
Mad Poster
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:37 PM
I love the tutorials, but as others have mentioned, the pictures are dead. They're all bundled at the bottom, so all is not lost, but it's very easy to get lost scrolling up and down to see what your instructions are talking about!
Test Subject
#74 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:11 AM
Once again another great tutorial - this was very helpful too.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
Do you have any tricks on how to get the "Dodge" effect to look right. On my pictures they always look a little neon :o
Page 3 of 4