Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 3:25 PM
how many mods can Sims 4 take before it start to fuck up
well i really like to know for my game keep fucking up because of all the mods
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clone303

Mee too, the game is barely fun without mods, but is laggy with them. How am I supposed to play it then?!

If there is some solution to this I might again start to play it. Right now it only serves for building purposes.
Theorist
#3 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:22 PM
The solution is simple, just ask yourself: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer: It depends on the stamina of the woodchuck, just as it depends on how well your computer runs with Sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
The solution is simple, just ask yourself: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

The answer: It depends on the stamina of the woodchuck, just as it depends on how well your computer runs with Sims 4.

The thing is that my computer can run TS3 with all of the expansions and more that 1000 of CC and mods and that TS4, that was promised to run more smoother and faster than TS3, is much, much laggier. TS3 is on ultra, and TS4 is on medium and TS3 still runs better. So it's neither graphics nor game optimisation, but mods.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 5:09 PM
To answer this question:
1. Take the number of mods you currently have, minus 1.
2. Run game.
3. Is game stable? Yes - continue to 4. No - Exit game and go back to 1.
4. Yay! Game is stable! The number of mods you have, is the number of mods you can use before game fucks up.

But, if I were to guess, I'd guess the answer is 3. Nothing scientific about it, I just like the number 3.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 3:02 PM
well yea have zero problems running Sims 4 but when i use the EnableDebugCheats mod that just fuck up and when i have alot of mods in then i can get in the game and load the save but ingame i cant do anything for it's on paused and alot of buttoms are just gone and the buttom there are left dont work, same wtih EnableDebugCheats mod , i think i had over 100 mods in it
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 3:59 PM
If my TS2 can run thousands of mods and CC without fucking up then this game better damn sure run millions because something tells me I'm gonna need millions for TS4.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 5:11 PM
i'm using over 32 mods and haven't had a problem with lagging. the only lagging problem i had was when there were too many open background tasks while i was playing. before you start your game go to task manager and try to close out everything under your computer username (besides explorer and your virus software)
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 7:59 PM
well yea have zero problems running Sims 4 but when i use the EnableDebugCheats mod that just fuck up and when i have alot of mods in then i can get in the game and load the save but ingame i cant do anything for it's on paused and alot of buttoms are just gone and the buttom there are left dont work, same wtih EnableDebugCheats mod , i think i had over 100 mods in it

Maybe don't use EnableDebugCheats mod then?

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#10 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 8:24 PM Last edited by VentusMatt : 12th Jan 2015 at 9:34 AM. Reason: Correction
I have like 30 or more mods, scripted and simple cc and the only time my game fucks up is when I put a bad mod or I have 2 mods that conflict. Which hasn't happend much. My advice just keep track of your mods and if your games fucking up think back to any new mods you might have added and keep in mind I might no be the game but the mod itself

:EDIT: Okay so I checked and I have actually over 100 mods
Deceased
#11 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Agreed, other than the bit about the woodchuck (I prefer "how much ground can a groundhog grind if a groundhog could grind ground?)

From what I'm seeing, the majority of "true" mods (scripts/XML overrides) don't really use much memory or computing resources unless they are borked, custom content and sim/household bloat are far more likely to cause memory issues. There are some mods that are exceptions, like ones that increase the number of choices of autonomy (e.g. Emotional Overcharge which runs great for me and 1,000's of others because the XML is well written and FlorianPTME has done tons of testing). Poorly written or tested mods can mess things up - I've written some that locked up TS4 for minutes during testing, once generating over 200 MB of errors in the lastException file before crashing and burning completely. Those mods, of course, should never see the light of day!
dodgy builder
#12 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:38 AM
I can't imagine having to maintain so many mods in my folder, and making sure they don't conflict. Too much work for me.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:28 PM
I have about a GB aka 797 total mods and not a single issue!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 4:33 PM

It is not a question of HOW MANY MODS but WHICH MOD you have because there are some that come along which aren't compatible or are out of date with a current patch. I had to take out the "No Thirst" mod once because it wasn't let me cook anything.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:07 PM
Not many in my case. But then again, I'm using a laptop.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#16 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:10 PM
I've only installed 6 or so mods and my TS4 game is already fucked up. Yet again, the game was fucked up when it was released.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#17 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 10:20 PM
I can't say I'm experiencing lag due to cc and mods but loading times have certainly increased, which is a pain the way Sims 4 is structured.

What worries me is the number of mods I already have installed and we haven't even had a full expansion yet, which will probably need modding to work properly, so that mod folder is going to get huge.

People complained that the colour wheel in Sims 3 caused lag, but what is the trade off with Sims 4 where you need to install cc every time you want something a different colour? Time will tell and PC power will certainly be a factor in keeping your game running smooth.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Instructor
#18 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:27 PM
I have 6,143 package files and 43 folders, and my game runs just fine, what does that say?
Inventor
#19 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 11:35 PM
That says DAMN!!!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
I have 6,143 package files and 43 folders, and my game runs just fine, what does that say?

Might as well face it, you're addicted to love - Or in this case custom content.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 10:08 PM

It says you would only have a few hundred if it weren't for the 5,500 recolors you have
Instructor
#22 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 12:13 AM
Yeah custom content collecting is what drives my passion, I just wanted to point out the game runs amazingly with that much loaded on it, I tend to really test the limits of my games, I currently have all four sims games in my computer, I'm slightly afraid to check and see how many cc files I have for all of them, I think sims 3 has around 7k and 100 + folders, and lags a ton with save errors and corruptions abound, which is why I'm so impressed with sims 4, sims 2 and 1 run like magic, and sims 4 is like butter on low medium graphic settings, my computer has a Tera byte hard drive and I originally bought it to play sims 3
Instructor
#23 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:26 AM

And I thought I had a lot of package files. (191)

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 12:20 PM
I also have many cc files mostly recolours and some mods I regulary check mods and have removed all those that the patches duplicated. I have started to merg reclours with S4pe my mod folder has 842 MB
No lag and no bugs.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:38 PM
I had around 10Go of mods, without any folder My game didn't work though, and at 7Go it still didn't. I guess the limit is around 6,5Go, because after suppressing all the mods I had from September 2014 to January 2016, it worked. Now my Sim is bold but well, my game works.
Page 1 of 2