Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
retired moderator
Original Poster
#451 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:24 AM
beatnikbunny... Love, love, love that there's a cleanbot in your first room! So creative!

BR_Fl... Great entry! I love all the wall art in your first room!

Babbelsim... I wish you would have told me earlier, and I would have allowed you to start early on your final entry! If you still have time, let me know and I'll forward you the information. Otherwise, it was nice having you in the competition!

Vampy... I thought I'd give you a little review of your entry seeing as though it won't be judged. I can see your improvement over these last few rounds, and I think your Round 3 entry is no exception! I like the first room especially; the pink is a great spin. Your second room is also really nice, and I love the rich colors you've decided to use. Great work overall!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Advertisement
#452 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 6:33 AM
Thanks beeps, I wanted to enter this contest to win at first, but now I jsut want to have fun and improve my decorating skills. Thank you for letting me practice!

Vampy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#453 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:06 PM
My judges are AWESOME! I already have everyone's scores, so results will be posted later today!

Instructor
#454 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:09 PM
Yea! Looking forward to the scores, and really looking forward to doing the next round. Shame its the last round, this contest has been a lot of fun to watch and participate in.
#455 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the scores too. I wish everyone the best, hope you all did well. I can't believe it's almost the last round, this contest has been great fun.
Mad Poster
#456 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:38 PM
I know, Dozo! I can't believe it either. Judging this contest has been super! :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#457 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:56 PM
Default Round 3 Scores & Comments
Round 3 Scores & Comments
Round 3 Favorites: honeynutcows, Tenielle & Rabid!!!

o1. clw8 [33.5/40]
  • I loved your round, clw8! I loved the clear descriptions you gave to us. [8/10]
  • I like how the second person's room fit her 'blonde-rich girl' stereotype. [9/10]
  • Lovley entry, I really enjoyed your commentary! The 'counting' poster on Morgan's wall made me laugh too. Although I thought Brooklyn's room looked slightly more for a popularity than fortune sim. [7.5/10]
  • Very nice! I love all the detail you put into the rooms! [9/10]
o2. Rabid [32/40]
  • I especially love what you did to the second bedroom; it looks so elegant! The colors work so well, and I always love your decorating style. [8/10]
  • I liked how the Economics guy had flowers and that his room reflected that he could possibly be a romance sim/charmer. [7/10]
  • I loved these rooms, especially Elise's! The artwork, coffetable and plasma TV make it appear like a mini apartment rather than a plain ol' dorm room. But, where's your top down view? [8/10]
  • I like how the rooms really matched the students' personality. [9/10]
o3. PixCii [34.5/40]
  • It IS pink! Great entry, PixCii. [8/10]
  • I like how the male's room was simple and had lack of wall decoration just as a knowledge sim would have it. [9/10]
  • What a great knowledge/science sim room! I loved how you combined the two aspects. Clare's room is lovley too, although with all that stuff, where does she study to get those 'adequate' grades? [8.5/10]
  • It was really cool how you designed both rooms to show the differences in each of the students' personality. [9/10]
o4. MissTech [35/40]
  • Great entry, MissTech! I love the darker room the most! [9/10]
  • I like how bright the second room is compared to the knowledge sim's room. [9/10]
  • Great job, these bedrooms are wonderful. I love how you combined the mathematics with the astronomy minor for Allan, very fitting. Although he better move that curtain if he wants to see the stars! [9/10]
  • I enjoyed how you made the furniture in the second room, really match well. [8/10]
o5. Tenielle [38/40]
  • I love the Simlish periodic table in the 2nd bedroom! Fantastic work! [8/10]
  • I like the simplicity in both rooms! [10/10]
  • Super fantastic entry! I especially loved the extra shots of the dorm residents in their rooms doing what comes naturally, and the added touches of the science hobby award and quill added just that extra bit of personality. Wonderful job! [10/10]
  • Great job! Both rooms looked amazing! [10/10]
o6. romyhorse [35/40]
  • I know the third bedroom is only for one person, but I would've liked to see both sides on the double bed accessible. It still flows nicely, don't get me wrong! [9/10]
  • I like how simple both rooms are, but the rooms don't reflect their personalities. [8/10]
  • I really liked the clean lines and bright colours of Jenny's room, the blackboard was an inspired touch for a knowledge sim. I was going to suggest a lamp or something on Crighton's dresser but your overhead already shows one! [9/10]
  • Very nice! I liked how the bedding in the first room added a lot of colour to the room. [9/10]
o7. honeynutcows [39.5/40]
  • Wow! Just, wow! I love the cultural part in the 2nd bedroom! Simply amazing! Fave entry! [10/10]
  • Well done! The rooms fit their personalities and stereotypes. [10/10]
  • Wow, I love what you've done with Kiwi's room. Such a brilliant and unique take on a knowledge sim/maths major! Fantastic work! [9.5/10]
  • The reflective wall in the second room looked so cool! I love how warm the first room looks. [/10]
o8. Dozo [34.5/40]
  • Though I would've liked to see both sides of the double bed accessible, it was still great! I loved "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the wall! [8/10]
  • I like the reflecting of aliens with the knowledge room. [8/10]
  • Lovley entry, I especially like Pinot's room (and her name :D), very elegant and glamourous, the perfect room for a fortune sim, however I felt Dihv's room needed one more item e.g. a rug to tie it all together. [8.5/10]
  • Both rooms look great and fit each personality perfectly. [10/10]
o9. CiaoAlora [33.5/40]
  • Don't get down about your score, its a nice entry, however, I like to see objects accessible in a sleeping quarters. Though it looked nice, it wasn't very usable. The 3rd bedroom looked very nice, though. Please don't be upset about your score. [6/10]
  • I love the bookcase behind the bed, something a knowledge sim would do. [10/10]
  • Great job! I especially like the rich colours and luxurious textures you used in Miles' room. I'm not sure about the coat of arms in Jayce's room though! [8.5/10]
  • The bedding in the first room looked quite nice and complimented the rest of the room well. [9/10]
1o. BR_Fl [34/40]
  • Such a lovely entry, however, I would've liked to see a top-down shot. [9/10]
  • I liked the over decorations for the knowledge sim. [9/10]
  • Amazing entry, I loved everything about it! You have managed to capture the personalities of both Laura and Michael wonderfully (I especially like Laura's blackboard). I very much wanted to give you full marks, but... where's your overhead shot!? [9/10]
  • Carpet in the first room felt a little out of place. The blue in the second room looked great! [7/10]
11. Babbelsim [35.5/40]
  • A little topsy-turvy for me, but it still looked nice! [7/10]
  • I like how sloppy-neat the knowledge room is compared to the perfectly clean economic sim. [10/10]
  • Wonderful entry. I love Benny's room, especially the desk area, it's perfect for a sim who loves to study! Unfortunatly though you got your student rooms mixed up and I had to deduct a mark for it! [8.5/10]
  • Both rooms looked lovely! [10/10]

12. hell_e [34/40]
  • I would love to have that many computers and a microwave oven in my room! Nice work! [9/10]
  • I love the poster in the knowledge sim's room. I also like how they both are polar opposites. [10/10]
  • I love how both these rooms look compleatly different yet still maintain a gothic vibe! The fishtank and microwave in Tom's room are an inspired touch for a shy knowledge sim. Good work. [8/10]
  • The red in the second room looked really nice. [7/10]
13. beatnikbunny [31.5/40]
  • Great work on this round! I am glad to see that you followed through, and everything seems to be usable! I like it! [9/10]
  • I liked the use of robots for the knowledge sim's room. [8/10]
  • Wow I love Scotty's room! The maps, the robots, the fish in jars, the education bookshelf, it's all perfect for a knowledge 1/2 alien sim. Becca's room looks great however I felt you didn't quite manage to capture the same personality. [8.5/10]
  • Both rooms felt a little to busy. The purple accents to the second room was pretty. [6/10]
14. cavilez1987 [32.5/40]
  • The ceiling in the 2nd room is gawjus! Great work! [9/10]
  • I love the star ceiling, perfect match. [9/10]
  • Lovley dorm rooms, I especially like the rows of bookshelves in Gerard's room! However I thought you could have chosen the furniture for Calleigh's room more wisely as it looked slightly inexpensive for a fortune sim. [7.5/10]
  • The flower sticker on the wall looked really cool! [7/10]
15. gulhare [30/40]
  • Sure have done your homework, haven't ya? Great work here! [8/10]
  • ..A vampire, creative. [8/10]
  • A vampire fortune sim, what a great and origional idea! (also a nice way to accumulate money!). I did think the beige on beige was slightly too much, even for a knowlege sim. Love the chess board though! [8/10]
  • The mural on the wall looks so cool! [6/10]
16. simsimsims [28.5/40]
  • I'm being nit-picky again, but I think the easel is making the double bed inaccessible. It still looks nice! [8/10]
  • I like how solitary the male's room is. [7/10]
  • Great entry, I really liked the colour scheme you used in Boris' room, very geeky. I would have liked to see a few more 'knowledgy' objects though, and I'm not sure about the miss-matching furniture in Paris' room (although I loved her name, halarious!). [7.5/10]
  • The colours in the first room really didn't match or flow well together. I like the pink in the second room. [6/10]
17. duderocks [32.5/40]
  • I like the rug selection in each of the rooms! [9/10]
  • I love how 'Goth' the romance sims' room is also, how messy the knowledge sim's room is. [10/10]
  • I adore all the 'knowledge' nic-nacks on Toby's desk, a lovley personal touch! I'm not sure about the curtians in Richie's room though, perhaps a non-clashing colour would have been better? Although I love the the shelve items! [7.5/10]
  • The curtains in the second room didn't fit in right. The red rug added a nice splash of colour to the room. [6/10]
18. Deatherella [30/40]
  • This is a great entry! I especially love the gold recolour of the "Little Sister" computer. [10/10]
  • I like the mini libary in the knowledge sim's room and the money in the economic sims' room. [8/10]
  • Nice entry, I really like how you've arranged the desk and bookshelves in
    Trey's room! It would have been nice to see a bit more lavish elegance (akin to the common rooms of your dorm) in Penny's room though but the money strewn about made me laugh! [7/10]
  • The tartan wall was really distracting. The pink bed looked nice. [5/10]
19. Michie [38/40]
  • Aren't the rooms lovely? I love your rooms, Mitchie. [10/10]
  • I like how simple the rich girl's room is, different. [10/10]
  • Great job, I especially love all the books and study clutter you've added to Allie's room and the bright cheerful colours! I would have liked to see a few contrasting colours in Grace's room though, just to make it stand out. Elegance doesn't have to be staid! [8/10]
  • The colours in both rooms flowed really well. [10/10]
2o. amphetamine [32/40]
  • I like minimalism too! Nice work! [9/10]
  • I like the use of carpets in the rooms. [8/10]
  • Very entertaining commentary! I especially like the robot and alien decorations you've added to Fred's room. I would have liked to see a similar personality in Ellie's room, as it looks like it could belong to anyone! Please try to remember not to show gridlines too. [7/10]
  • The purple bedding looked really nice with the walls. [8/10]
21. KyriaT [29.5/40]
  • I love how your themes are always so different to everyone else. You have certainly done your research. Nice work. [9/10]
  • I like how the knowledge sim has a wheelchair. [8/10]
  • Lovley entry, I really enjoyed the backstories you made for your students and how you managed to portray each of their personalities whilst still maintaining your theme! Unfortunatly I did have to deduct a point for mixing up the student rooms though [7.5/10]
  • Some of the furniture really didn't flow well with the room and felt out of place. I liked the colour of wheelchair. [5/10]
22. danirawr [28.5/40]
  • I'm a little confused. Which one is which? I'm sorry. [7/10]
  • The rooms were slightly (not really) hard to figure who they belonged to, but well decorated. [8/10]
  • I loved Thomas' room, the simple style and books made it look perfect for the more studious sim! However I felt that Willow's room failed to convey her 'fortune sim' background, especially as it contained similar style furnishings to Thomas' room. Perhaps a more expensive desk would help? [6.5/10]
  • I like the simplicity of both rooms. The flower sticker looked cool. [7/10]
23. Safyre420 [/40]
  • Long time, no see! I like the minimalism in the bedrooms, but again, I like to see accessibility. I'm sorry. It still looks really nice! [9/10]
  • I like the color tints for both rooms. [7/10]
  • Great shots, I really like the different coloured lighting you've used too, especially the green in Caelum's room, very alien I just would have liked perhaps some patterned bright wallpaper in Katlyana's room, to make it stand out! [7.5/10]
  • Like how the colours of the rooms really came out well. [6/10]

retired moderator
Original Poster
#458 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 11:56 PM
Default Round 4: Bedroom #4 & Girl's Bathroom
Round 4: Bedroom #4 & Girl's Bathroom [Dorm Floorplan]
For Round 4, you will be decorating Bedroom #4 and the girl's bathroom. Use the Student Profile below as a guideline for how to decorate Bedroom #4. You will also be asked to provide the name and gender (this is totally up to you!) of the student living in Bedroom #4.
  • You must decorate the room labeled "Bedroom #4" as shown here.
  • You may recolor the bedroom dorm door.
  • You may add, move, or change windows.
  • You may not add any walls in the bedroom. You may add walls or half-walls in the bathroom.
Pictures:
Please include...
1 Top-Down View shot
2-3 Bathroom shots
2-3 Bedroom shots
*You will not be marked down for providing the minimum picture requirements, so don't feel like you have to submit three pictures per room. Two per room is perfectly fine.
*You are not required to post a picture of the student(s), but you may do so just for fun.

Student Information:
Please include...
1. Name of student
2. Gender of student

Quote:
Student Profile (Bedroom #4)
Year: Junior
Major: Literature
Aspiration: Family
Biography: This student is always putting other Sims first. Whether it’s spending the afternoon with their grandmother or volunteering to work in the school cafeteria, this student always does everything with kindness. They certainly live up to the label of the perfect "boy/girl next door."

[Due Wednesday April 15, 2009 @ 9:oo p.m. (US Central Time)]

Forum Resident
#459 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:02 AM
OH yeah I am off to get started.

I'm actually liking my comments right now. Thanks judges.
#460 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:08 AM
hehehehe yay! i'm so happy with my comments, thankyou judges (i'm glad none of you noticed the semi floating pillow in tiffanys room)
can't wait to start on the last round it looks amazing
Instructor
#461 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:09 AM
Thanks for my scores and comments! I am so pleased the rooms were well received! Congrats to this Round's favs! Great job everyone. :D

Kind of bummed that this is the last round. I could happily do another 4 rounds!
Scholar
#462 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:20 AM
Thanks judges for the comments and scores! I'm pleased beyond means for finally doing a little bit better than in previous rounds!

.....Must run and do round 4 now... I've waited a while to do it!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
#463 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:24 AM
Congratulations to everyone for their scores, wonderful comments. Thanks towards the judges. Time to go do round 4!
Lab Assistant
#464 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:42 AM
Thank you judges, very helpful comments as always I'm sad this is the last round, I (like everyone else) thought this contest was way fun and I know I have defiantly improved my decorating skills from the start.
Forum Resident
#465 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:54 AM
Congratulations, everyone, on Round 3 scores. This has been a fabulous contest. Well done!
Mad Poster
#466 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:56 AM
Congratulations everybody! I'm looking forward to everyone's Round 4s! :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Forum Resident
#467 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 2:51 AM
Thankyou for the comments. I completely agree that my fortune bedroom didn't convey her personality enough. I was meaning to try and fix it, but end of term at Uni meant lots of work to be handed in.

I hope to improve in this round!
I know that I've definitely gotten better through this contest, I've never been that fantastic at decorating but I've learnt a lot.
Mad Poster
#468 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:14 AM
Frick, I forgot the top down view! I've had so much newspaper work to do this week that my schedule has been swamped and it totally slipped my mind. Ah, well... everyone did great and I'm looking forward to round four.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#469 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:29 AM
Default clw8 - Round 4
..... as always: entry in fast from the life-less me .....

Meet Shephanie Stuart.
This College Junior loves to participate in some form of community service everyday of the week. Mondays , Wednesdays , and Fridays you can find her at the soup kitchen. Tuesdays and Thursday she tudors at the campus library. On Saturday she grocery shops for three elderly sims. And on Sundays she helps cook at her churches dinner service. So, with all the time she spends away from her dorm, her room isn't the most cluttered of the bunch. However, she still has plenty of books in order to soothe her love of reading literature, and the cozy warm colors in her room greet all who are willing to stop by and study with her.

Girls Bathroom:
This time I brought together warm browns in a cute, but feminine, invironment for the dorms three female inhabitants. As with the guys bath, I only made it suit one sim at a time, for a more private environment.

Overview:

-clw8 ; had a great time in your contest, BP. :D

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#470 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:09 AM
clw8... Great final entry! I'm really digging the "country" curtains I'm also really glad to hear that you had a great time!

Scholar
#471 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:47 AM
No prob....

Field Researcher
#472 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 4:48 AM
Doh! I even took a top down shot! I don't know how I forgot it!
Instructor
#473 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:03 AM
Name: Libby Valance

Bathroom:

Top-Down

retired moderator
Original Poster
#474 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 6:17 AM
duderocks... Great entry! I love the pink cabinets in the bathroom :p

#475 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 9:35 AM
just a question, would my bathroom be marked down if it had the same sort of build setup as the boys. Of course it will be diffrent to the boys but i thought it would be nice to make them look cohesive(sp?).

p.s. your entrys are phenominal guys

Page 19 of 22