Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 4:12 PM
ParseBuffData not having a definition despite my effort
Hello everyone!
So I am trying to build a custom moodlet and followed the code for Buffbooter. I am using Visual Studio 2022, in c#.
I have also decompiled Sims3GameplaySystems.dll and changed ".method private hidebysig static void ParseBuffData(class Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData data," to ".method public hidebysig static void ParseBuffData(class Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.XmlDbData data," and recompile the whole thing, using the resulting .dll as a reference.
However, VS kept giving me an error notice of "Error CS0117 'BuffManager' does not contain a definition for 'ParseBuffData' "
And I proceeded to change all ".method private" to ".method public", but the same thing still appears.
I followed the tutorial in https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3360427, to no avail...
So I wonder, how did you guys deal with this issue? Is there something else I need to change in order to make it work?
Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 10:48 PM
The more script-minded will have a better why/how, but aren't always around to pitch in so I'll offer a suggestion in the meantime-
You may have better luck with Unprotect and the discussion thread linked on that page?

As well as to note that the modern Visual Studio can be quite difficult to set up for TS3 work, you may want to consider either using the version referenced in the tutorials you are following or look into Battery's SharpDevelop method.

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2024 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
The more script-minded will have a better why/how, but aren't always around to pitch in so I'll offer a suggestion in the meantime-
You may have better luck with Unprotect and the discussion thread linked on that page?

As well as to note that the modern Visual Studio can be quite difficult to set up for TS3 work, you may want to consider either using the version referenced in the tutorials you are following or look into Battery's SharpDevelop method.

This Unprotect worked magic on this issue, though I dont really know why
Thank you!!
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Crimson Hollow
This Unprotect worked magic on this issue, though I dont really know why
Thank you!!

I haven't been around for script modding (even simming) for a very long time but I do rmb I always use unprotected DLL. Not that it is necessarily a better thing to do, but yes, some methods cannot be referenced if you use the normal DLLs. I keep a folder of the unprotected ones on the patch level that I use.