Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 2:22 AM
I think he is better now. There are a bunch of new sliders for TS2 lately..but i have not grabbed all of them, so i would not know everything they do. You said if you knew how to make them you would? because there are tutorials around...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 1:50 PM Last edited by billielith : 13th Aug 2017 at 2:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Red Sonja
Is there a skintone out there that is freckled/aged a general....I'm getting old appearance? Of course, his wrinkles are there... but his skin, in general, looks a bit too smooth...

That is a good idea, I've made a "skin condition" for one of my elder sims before. I might edit that.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I think he is better now. There are a bunch of new sliders for TS2 lately..but i have not grabbed all of them, so i would not know everything they do. You said if you knew how to make them you would? because there are tutorials around...

Oh I used all those new sliders, believe me! lol. As for tutorials, there are 50 Sims 2 tutorials on game mods, unfortunately none of them being about sliders. I looked at Nopke's sliders in SimPE, and it is not an area of modding that I am familiar with, at all. I am afraid Tywin will have to keep his narrow head.

Aside from the skintone and the head width, is there anything else that would need edits regarding the face sculpt? And, would he be better with yellow beard/hair or is he better in white?

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 3:45 PM
Update

Now the Golden Lion has his gold back (blonder hair and beard) which I feel does not have enough grey but I will work on that. And he has some brand new home-baked age freckles on his forehead. I won't be able to get him a wider head in Sims 2.

Is there anything else with his face sculpt, that I could add or remove? Now is the time.
He still needs to get his own hair, facial hair and outfit, which are the next steps after this. :P

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 4:46 PM
I think he is pretty good!
(I'll just leave this here... http://nyshabrokeit.tumblr.com/post...al-finished-and )

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:41 PM
I think he is pretty good!
(I'll just leave this here... http://nyshabrokeit.tumblr.com/post...al-finished-and )

I'll give this a spin for sure! Thanks for finding it. :D

Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:45 PM
I had it bookmarked ahah! You're welcome.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 10:51 PM Last edited by billielith : 14th Aug 2017 at 1:40 AM.
Hi again

I appreciate everyone's help and efforts here. Thanks again.

About the slider, I started looking into it, but it's not gonna work. I don't know what a family hash is, and everything Nysha is talking about in her tutorial is rather useful for experienced meshers - I never meshed in my life. That, plus I realize that if Nopke hasn't created a slider for wider faces/heads, it's because they wouldn't match the dimensions of hair meshes anymore. Also, the neck would look ridiculously small and part of it is tied to the outfit, so it's not possible to simply adjust the neck on its own.

Adjusting the width of heads is just not an easy thing to do in Sims 2 without having to adapt everything around it. And I am not trying to reinvent the wheel here, I just want to make 1 sim. :P
Tywin can stay a bit narrow for this time. Maybe I'll create a version of him for Sims 4 later, WITH the wider head.

That being said, I am going to start to work on his hair and beard now.

I will post a new update soon.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 1:42 AM
I just spent a couple hours trying to make beard for Tywin. It looked good in Photoshop, but on the sim it looked totally horrible with the distortion. I think I would need a UV map of sim beards so I can see where and how to distort it to make it look right on the sim. Not sure where to look but I'll try to find it.

Have a look at the horror, lol.

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#34 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:01 AM
Is your beard part of that skin, or if your beard texture is alone?
All you need is a beard texture and a 3D program to import a sim face. then you can see how beards are mapped. Need help?
Though I don't think it look that distorted. i think it actually looks pretty good.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:44 AM
A beard texture and a 3d program. Like Milkshape? I have the uv mapper program but I only know how to view clothing or hair uv maps with it. Or other stuff with a recolor. Beard works the same way? Do you know where those meshes are?

Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:57 AM
I pretty much have all faces, heads, head & faces and body meshes for all age and gender, saved in my mesh folder.
I make clothes, so I often need them. Well, heads and faces, because i meshed hair before....
These are easy to find and extract with SimPE.
I think beards or any facial hair works the same way, though I never attempted creating them. As far as I know, they are textures that gets applied on faces. You could not edit the face mesh to map it according to your texture for that project of yours, but you could use Milkshape to see just how it is mapped and how you could edit your texture to better fit on the face. On any face though.
I always used the mapper tool provided in Milkshape. i have no idea how to use UVMapper.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 10:53 AM
I pretty much have all faces, heads, head & faces and body meshes for all age and gender, saved in my mesh folder.
I make clothes, so I often need them. Well, heads and faces, because i meshed hair before....
These are easy to find and extract with SimPE.
I think beards or any facial hair works the same way, though I never attempted creating them. As far as I know, they are textures that gets applied on faces. You could not edit the face mesh to map it according to your texture for that project of yours, but you could use Milkshape to see just how it is mapped and how you could edit your texture to better fit on the face. On any face though.
I always used the mapper tool provided in Milkshape. i have no idea how to use UVMapper.

Thank you, I will try that.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:24 PM
Tywin's Beard update
The previous one was a bit too curly for Tywin. He grooms his beard like the perfectionnist that he is. Here goes version 2 of the beard. It still has some stretching and distortion but I think it is due to Tywin's particular face.

What do you think of the beard?

Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:06 PM
I worked on the beard again, it was a bit too blurry/fluffy. I sharpened it a little and worked on some parts that were imperfect. There it is. What do you think?
I am kinda satisfied with how it turned out this time, I might want to make more colors and use it with other sims maybe. :P

Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:12 PM
Looking good. I'm wondering if a flatter hair would help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looking good. I'm wondering if a flatter hair would help.

Thank you, and you're right. There's this little bump of hair on top, it's kinda weird. When I am at the hair I will work on a flatter mesh. Thanks for spotting that!

Meanwhile, I reworked his beard's color for a paler one. My previous one (post above) looked like Jaime's gruffy beard, it wasn't blond enough. Maybe this one is too blond, what do you think?
His nose tip was a bit too narrow also, I adjusted that a little. Next I'm going to remap his freckles better, more like his own.

This is the result with the blonder beard and edited nose
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 5:00 PM
I think the beard was perfect in post 39. That's just me. It looks so good, I wish I could make beard textures like that! wow.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 10:52 AM
Even when that man smiles.... it's a bit scary...LOL.... I like him. I think he looks good.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:27 PM
I was thinking a touch more red in the beard rather than paler, but whichever way the beard is excellent.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
I agree with Joandsarah.... he could use some reddish undertones to his beard. I'll bet he was a real "ginger" when he was young....
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:47 PM Last edited by billielith : 27th Aug 2017 at 4:33 AM.
Thank you! I think you are both right. I'll be back with an update in a couple days.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:28 AM
I'm back in black!
My daughter was with me for the summer, I had less time for this. Now she is back with her daddy, his house is closer to her school.

So now I'll be able to have some time for Tywin. From today, I give myself about a month to finish everything so it's coming soon.

Color tests for the beard today.
"Tywin beard" is similar to the one in post #39 above,
"Blonder" has been posted not long after (#41), and
"Middle color" is the new tone.

Which of the three is better? Or do you have a fourth tone to suggest? Maybe some shadows underneath one of the colors?

I didn't have the chance to rework his freckles yet but it's coming. Then, I'll try working on his hair - I am bad with hair but eh, gotta try. :P

Screenshot "Beard v4, Color tests"
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#48 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 4:49 AM
I still prefer Tywin Beard, maybe the definition is better? crisper..I don't know.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 6:26 PM Last edited by billielith : 28th Aug 2017 at 6:57 PM.
Yup, I tried to work on a new version of his beard, with shadows underneath, but it looked like crap, and "Tywin Beard" was better.

I'll be working on his freckles now, then the hair.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 6:59 PM
Update
I worked on his freckles - instead of the ugly dont-know-whats I made for him before, I edited some full-face freckles I found on here -, and changed his skintone for a beautiful freckled body I found on insim. Checking on Google Image, I found out that before turning grey, Charles Dance was a handsome ginger, so there it is. The Lannister alpha lion.

Please tell me what you think, as if everything is ok with his beard and freckles, I'll move on to his hair soon.

Screenshots

Page 2 of 5